English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 07 January 2002, 22:21   #1
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Project-x ending

Recently, by cheating and using state-saving I could finish Project-X without losing a life

But what did I get as a ending ?

Now try without losing a life.

Were Team 17 so sure nobody would finish the game without losing a life or what ?

Maybe I've done some wrong with the save states.

Can anyone confirm or deny ?
Old 07 January 2002, 23:24   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

What do you mean ?

What I want to know is if someone has finished Project-X (btw I forgot to mention it's the normal version, not the SE) without seeing : "now try to finish without losing a life".

Oh and if you want to know wich way I cheated :

I used gamehack. Located the memory zone with the counter of power-ups. Freezed it to 9 (for stealth). Reactivated stealth each time it faded off.

I haven't done anything on lives (excepted gaining bonus lives in bonus stages).

Last edited by lilalurl; 07 January 2002 at 23:32.
Old 07 January 2002, 23:45   #3
RetroMan

This is interesting There are two possibilities .... the first one is, the game checks it´s memory for "alien" contents (if any adress being changed) but that would be kinda hard to be coded I guess ..... the other one is, that it is a bug in WinUAE, but I doubt that .... oh wait a minute, your solution is the third one .... would you mind posting your Version of Projekt-X in The Zone ?? I would like to test a bit around with it .....
Old 08 January 2002, 03:44   #4
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

My bet is that Team 17 was sure no one would finish without losing a life.. I mean, most people can't finish it losing all the lives that can be lost
Old 08 January 2002, 08:44   #5
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RetroMan
would you mind posting your Version of Projekt-X in The Zone ?? I would like to test a bit around with it .....
It's in the Zone.

It's the Skid Row cracked version. But I don't think being a crack would be the reason of the "cheap" ending.
Old 08 January 2002, 14:17   #6
RetroMan

Thanx
Old 19 February 2002, 20:34   #7
Greg

Roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hi im Greg, I am kind of new to this thing this is my first post. my m8 used to have an Amiga and i used to love project x I was crazy about it however then he sold it and got a pc ever since then i have wanted to play it but i dont have an Amiga. Then i saw this in EF files. I dont really know how to set anything up so would one of you be able to help me thanks

Old 20 February 2002, 07:10   #8
Amiga1992

I got that ending as well, and I think that using the game's cheat (I orgot how it went right now, but you could skip all levels) you got the same shite again.

My take is: they made no ending. And they like you getting angry when you read that shit That's SO shootemuppy!

Who's in for asking them about this?
Old 29 January 2008, 00:15   #9
lilalurl
Global Moderator

For future reference: according to this longplay it indeed seems that was the only ending available:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=28362
Old 29 January 2008, 21:34   #10
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Bloody ell lilalurl .. You've got some stamina, still trying to get the end after 5 years.
Old 29 January 2008, 21:38   #11
mrbob2

Il completed it a few weekds ago using the only trainer i think (skid row) with immunity. Total crappy ending. In those days the programmers never really bothered with endings, compared to the cinematic ones we see today.
Old 29 January 2008, 23:02   #12
Graham Humphrey

I remember completing the Special Edition and getting a text-only ending... that was some anti-climax
Old 29 January 2008, 23:50   #13
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_0rga5m View Post
Bloody ell lilalurl .. You've got some stamina, still trying to get the end after 5 years.
I guess on a board for people emulating (or using a real one) a more than 20-year-old computer if you consider the A500, that's the kind of attitude you can expect

I don't mind a text-only ending when it is nicely done, ie when it fits nicely in a story/makes the mind think of possible sequels etc... in other words not something like: Ryu hits the road again... already looking for the next challenge. The fight is all ... thx Capcom

What really bothers me with Project-X is that 'now try it without losing a life' part.
That's bloody frustrating. And it also seems to mean Team17 had in mind a game that could not possibly be beaten without losing a life.

I know shmups usually want to give an acarde feeling and that arcade games usually were hard in order to make you spend some money.
However, for a home computer game I think this kind of approach is a bit disappointing.

The game is still quite entertaining though.

Crux II hit the space again. Already looking for other challenges. The spacefight is all....

Now, I wonder if there is a different ending with the Hunter MK7 ship (the one that really sucks in the weapon department) Looks like a challenge for CodyJarrett