English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 12 April 2016, 09:54   #61
BarryB
Amigaholic

Not sure, but it doesn't matter what you enter, even clencheds 'made up' answers work to get into the original game it's when the game checks the word and finds it's not correct then the game breaks the car or somehing.
Old 12 April 2016, 11:37   #62
clenched

Quote:
Originally Posted by butfluffy View Post
the wording in game really makes it sound like there should be a test card included. how stupid is that when you need to refer to the manual. confusing lol.
Yea, but still using the word page should have been a giveaway they weren't talking about a card. Also, if you select Italian the word manuale appears about where test card is on the English screen.

All I can think of is maybe the test card could be a printout of the Italian answers and slipped into the English package. This way they wouldn't have to change the disk to add a new set of codes.

Anyway I think you're in fine shape with either the Captain's or Galahad's disk. Both of these already passed the failure point many times over and then some.
Old 12 April 2016, 16:09   #63
butfluffy

yeah i agree. and another game crossed off the not working properly list
Old 09 June 2016, 19:21   #64
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
and stupid blitter checksum generator removed which would fail on too fast a machine, though to be fair to the programmers, I don't think 040 and 060 was the intended target for this game.
Care to elaborate why a perfectly valid blit should fail on 68040/60?
Old 15 June 2016, 15:59   #65
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Care to elaborate why a perfectly valid blit should fail on 68040/60?
Because it did the blit with no wait after it, about 3 instructions later the code modifies that same place the blitter wrote to and on 040 and 060 the processor code acts on that memory address first when the blitter should modify first.

Tried it in winuae and the blitter checksum fails with 040+ speed
Old 17 March 2018, 18:09   #66
BarryB
Amigaholic

Obtained a copy of 'Hits for Six Vol 7' recently and this includes 1000 Miglia with the Security Aptitude Test in the manual and asked for during the game, all words are from the Italian manual even if you select English

I have a shit phone camera, I know

Last edited by BarryB; 17 March 2018 at 19:14.
Old 24 August 2023, 18:37   #67
peter_ray

Hello guys,
sorry to resume a somewhat old (!) thread...I recently started looking for an uncracked copy of 1000 Miglia, discovering that it is not included under the SPS list and therefore there isn't an IPF version of it.
All I found are cracked copies, which barely take care of the manual-lookup protection, but, as you all discussed long time ago, they didn't handle the software protections correctly.
I understand that a version cracked by scoopex and made from an original uncracked one was kindly provided. I found this file in the Zone, and I am going to try it later this week.
If it works fine, I could well be satisfied, however, if possible, I would still prefer to play an original uncracked version.
You can find it naive, but I am from Italy, and I clearly remember how much we mocked those games released by our fellow developers of the time. You know, they often looked much less polished than the contemporary productions by British, American, and often also German and French counterparts.
However, after all these years, reading books and other sources, and after becoming a programmer myself, I realized how difficult our local scene was at the time (early nineties – no internet, mostly poor or no familiarity with sources in English when available at all!) and started to develop a sound respect for the works of those people.
While I can’t travel back in time and tell my younger self to go buy those games because they deserved respect, I still can (and I would like) to play them the way they were expected to be played: with all the protection systems still in place and the original documentation, even if on an emulator.
Therefore, if somebody still has the originals available, and wishes to share them on the Zone, it will really help me in my quest for redemption. Thanks everybody in advance!!
Old 24 August 2023, 23:21   #68
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_ray View Post
Hello guys,
sorry to resume a somewhat old (!) thread...I recently started looking for an uncracked copy of 1000 Miglia, discovering that it is not included under the SPS list and therefore there isn't an IPF version of it.
All I found are cracked copies, which barely take care of the manual-lookup protection, but, as you all discussed long time ago, they didn't handle the software protections correctly.
I understand that a version cracked by scoopex and made from an original uncracked one was kindly provided. I found this file in the Zone, and I am going to try it later this week.
If it works fine, I could well be satisfied, however, if possible, I would still prefer to play an original uncracked version.
You can find it naive, but I am from Italy, and I clearly remember how much we mocked those games released by our fellow developers of the time. You know, they often looked much less polished than the contemporary productions by British, American, and often also German and French counterparts.
However, after all these years, reading books and other sources, and after becoming a programmer myself, I realized how difficult our local scene was at the time (early nineties – no internet, mostly poor or no familiarity with sources in English when available at all!) and started to develop a sound respect for the works of those people.
While I can’t travel back in time and tell my younger self to go buy those games because they deserved respect, I still can (and I would like) to play them the way they were expected to be played: with all the protection systems still in place and the original documentation, even if on an emulator.
Therefore, if somebody still has the originals available, and wishes to share them on the Zone, it will really help me in my quest for redemption. Thanks everybody in advance!!
The proper cracked version was made from my original disk. Unfortunately, it has been modified, this is why i have not made any IPF out of it.

Well if any italian member push an unmodified dump of 1000 Miglia, i'm ready to make an IPF.

So ?