English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 18 September 2015, 03:45   #1
MrSnrub

Automatic mouseclick and screenshot every minute.

I am playing Sim City on WinUAE. At the start of the game you choose your initial city layout from an infinite set of possible maps. The game loads a random city map layout at startup and it gives you the options to either "Use This Map" or "Generate New Map." I want to continuously click on "Generate New Map" and take a screenshot of the generated map. So I will hover my mouse cursor over the "Generate New Map" button, then the emulator will simulate a mouse click to generate a new map, I will wait ten seconds for the map to be generated, then a screenshot/PrintScreen will be taken. Then the process will repeat: mouse-click, wait, screenshot, mouse click, wait, screenshot on to infinity. How can I do this?

Old 18 September 2015, 17:43   #2
Leffmann

Go to the WinUAE input panel and bind F11 or something to WinUAE's screenshot function, and use one of the many macro/automation programs out there to record and replay clicking the mouse and pressing F11.
Old 23 September 2015, 01:59   #3
MrSnrub

Arrrgh, I am so close! I mapped the SEMICOLON key to "Screenshot (file)" and the LBRACKET key to "Joy1 Fire / Left Mouse Button." I start the game up and I type ;[;[ onmy keyboard and it generates the new map and saves the screenshot and everything works great. The problem comes when I launch my special little C# program that I wrote that uses the SendKeys command to type nothing but ;[;[;[;[ every 30 seconds. The program works great when Notepad is activated, and types ;[;[;[ correctly, but when I activate the WinUAE window it doesn't work! WinUAE must be recognizing that an external program is trying to interfere with the program. Anybody have any ideas?

Old 23 September 2015, 12:59   #4
Leffmann

If you want to do it programmatically then SendInput() works fine, WinUAE will see those input events.
Old 23 September 2015, 13:55   #5
jbl007

Simple example with AutoHotkey (untested!):
Code:
F11::ExitApp  ; F11 to quit
Sleep, 5000  
Loop
{
        SendInput, {LButton}
        Sleep, 10000  
        SendInput, {;}
        Sleep, 60000
}
Old 23 September 2015, 16:56   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Did you try mapping events using "WinUAE null keyboard" instead of normal keyboard device? (In input panel device list)

It is default fallback virtual keyboard used when WinUAE receives keyboard event without keyboard identifier (which usually means it was injected event).
Old 24 September 2015, 01:58   #7
MrSnrub

Mapping using "WinUAE null Keyboard" with my special C# program did not work. I have never used SendInput or AutoHotKey before, so I will look into them next.

Old 24 September 2015, 14:01   #8
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Just use MiniMouseMacro, to setup what you want to do on screen and hotkeys.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/minimousemacro/

It is easy to program and to edit...
Old 26 September 2015, 13:28   #9
MrSnrub

None of these are working, I've tried Mini Mouse Macro and AutoHotKeys, they're all running into the same problem: they won't run when the focus is on the WinUAE window, and I've selected "WinUAE null keyboard." They work when Notepad is focused though. What am I missing?

Old 26 September 2015, 13:30   #10
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Do you see any log messages if you run winuae with -log -inputlog 1 command line parameters? 1 = log PC keyboard events. ("winuae.exe -log -inputlog 1")
Old 26 September 2015, 19:12   #11
MrSnrub

I was able to run the WinUAE program with logging in the cmd window. I see the log messages when I type out the ; [ ; [ keys, as expected. But I do not see any log messages when running Mini Mouse Macro. So, no, I think WinUAE is still not "seeing" the input.