English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 02 August 2017, 07:44   #61
Coderian

Hey
So I couldn't load kick 3.1 and map it as rom but I just installed 3.1 rom and adoom with indivision ecs chunky mode actually WORKS!! (Version 1.4) . Adoom on my 1200 030 40mhz worked but it was too slow to be playable, doom attack on the other hand on 1200 was pretty good but adoom indyECS 020 does work even bit faster!!! I wasn't able to run it in actual graffiti mode as I'm missing graffiti.library but the chunky IndyECS mode I think is doing exactly that so no mmu is needed and even much slower memory bandwidth than 1200's is really not a big issue here. The only thing I wasn't able to get was sega3-6 button pad to work even after I mod it with 5 to 7 lines switch and added resistor but I think the issue here is that I'm using cheap joypad that is not fully sega compatible... so far so good!!!
Old 08 June 2018, 01:00   #62
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
Hi.

CF Cards: Its not impossible that some CF cards my work with the whiteboard furia (i tried a Sandisc,Transcent and a cheap max...something)

The best was the Sandisc but still there where freezes sometimes.

So, its pretty much a gamble at this point. Other people gave up on CF on whiteboard a while ago.

I would prefer using a CF but the hassle isnt worth it in my case.
This may all depend on the Motherboard Rev you have and what furia you got. It not that simple.

WHDLOAD. Yeah, thre are a few slaves that causes trouble with the furia.
Like you said. Its not the most compatible card. But there are ways around that.

Filesystem: Yeah, PPF3 is a must !
This is very true. I have a white Furia. It came with a 8GB Sandisk Ultra. It was shipped with my Furia as a compatible CF card. I had alot of freezes. Then I tried a 4GB Sandisk Ultra card I had and it was working better, but still some freezes.

Now I have an SD to IDE adapter and it seems rock stable Also using PFS3 AIO filesystem of course
Old 04 August 2018, 23:45   #63
TjLaZer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
There is 1 thing that bother me.
When the Amiga 600 is closes the Green Cable from the Keyboard is right on top of the Heatsink. I dont know how good this is . Can it Melt ?

Picture above is just a example and not my setup.. when closed the cable comes in direct contact with the heat sink. hmmmm
You can get a piece of aluminum tape or some kapton tape and tape it on the side of the ribbon cable that would touch the heatsync.
Old 28 August 2018, 14:05   #64
sneckburger

Hi sorry for the Hi-jack. But I've recently bought a furia card fitted to my re-capped 600 with an SD card running workbench 3.1 and 3.1 rom installed (no whdload yet installed) I've also got the 604n 1mb expansion.
The Card seems to work fine for 10 mins then locks up. I can't seem to get the computer to reboot until it cools down after about another 10 mins. Is my card faulty or am I doing something wrong. I've not been stress testing or anything, mostly just trying things out in workbench and occasional game from the gotek.
I've heard about an earth wire might need adding or I need to clean the 68000 chip with an eraser?? BTW mines the red type board, only purchased about 2 months ago off ebay.
Alex
Old 28 August 2018, 17:37   #65
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneckburger View Post
Hi sorry for the Hi-jack. But I've recently bought a furia card fitted to my re-capped 600 with an SD card running workbench 3.1 and 3.1 rom installed (no whdload yet installed) I've also got the 604n 1mb expansion.
The Card seems to work fine for 10 mins then locks up. I can't seem to get the computer to reboot until it cools down after about another 10 mins. Is my card faulty or am I doing something wrong. I've not been stress testing or anything, mostly just trying things out in workbench and occasional game from the gotek.
I've heard about an earth wire might need adding or I need to clean the 68000 chip with an eraser?? BTW mines the red type board, only purchased about 2 months ago off ebay.
Alex

I have the same setup as you but mine is the older white furia board. It does get pretty hot but doesn't lock up or cause any issues during normal use. I do get errors when unpacking lha files from the PCMCIA port though once it gets hot as that is right next to the card. I have read somewhere that others have had issues with the red furia boards like you but can't remember if it was this forum or facebook group. One guy made his more stable tinkering with the board and changing one of the chips.

EDIT: found the thread in question http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=93547
Old 29 August 2018, 14:37   #66
sneckburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
I have the same setup as you but mine is the older white furia board. It does get pretty hot but doesn't lock up or cause any issues during normal use. I do get errors when unpacking lha files from the PCMCIA port though once it gets hot as that is right next to the card. I have read somewhere that others have had issues with the red furia boards like you but can't remember if it was this forum or facebook group. One guy made his more stable tinkering with the board and changing one of the chips.

EDIT: found the thread in question http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=93547

Thanks for that, I'll take a look.
Ha just looked your from Wakefield too! You work for Team 17?
Old 30 August 2018, 00:15   #67
Superman

Lol no I don’t work for Team 17. I did have a job interview there for a games tester back in 95 but didn’t get the job unfortunately. ??
Old 14 September 2018, 12:50   #68
sneckburger

Still having issues with my Furia card. I've ordered some thermal CPU grease to replace the adhesive tape under the cooler. I don't think I'm good enough to solder or replace components on the card so might try the earth wire and possibly fit a fan.
I have a 3d printer so making a mount to fit isn't a problem. Will I be ok to tap into the floppy drive header for power to it using the standard Amiga power brick?
I don't fancy cutting wires either, is there a spur wire adaptor available for this power header?

edit. Also where's best to run the earth wire from and to?
Old 14 September 2018, 13:27   #69
dodke

I sort of have the opposite issue with the red Furia...
Initially I had a problem like many with the CF card I had in the IDE adapter (transcend) which didn't work with the furia. I got an SD IDE adapter which seems to work fine now. (Also I got another CF card (Sandisk) which I think works too.)

Anyway, all was well for a few months until a few weeks ago or so. It seems that the Amiga doesn't boot from cold. I get all sort of issues, most often just a black screen (caps lock and control-A-A to boot do work). Sometimes it does boot to WB but reboots as soon as I click on the mouse. Sometimes boots with a guru, a few times I got the expansions dialog screen with a red background saying the expansion is not working.
Removing either the IDE-SD adapter or the furia seemed to make it work.

Anyway, it now seems that if I do leave it on for a little while (maybe 15 minutes) to "warm up" and then switch off and on again it works fine. Often after a hard reset at that moment when it starts to work the first boot still shows a guru which is odd. The other day I left the Amiga running while I went to work and it was working fine all evening too.

I should try to clean the contacts around the CPU sometime in case that helps but otherwise I don't really know what I could try next.

Another odd thing I've noticed, what amount memory should I be getting with the furia? I get all sort of random numbers I think. This morning and I think quite often when not booting pressing ctrl-A-A for 3 seconds I get WB saying 10.5 megs fast? Also at one boot WB was showing 1.5 megs of CHIP although I didn't have the chipmem expansion plugged in.