English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 15 October 2010, 16:44   #1
Queller

Exclamation Help porting Mindscape's Legend

Hello all! I have been pondering for quite some time porting Mindscape's Legend to Flash and Adobe AIR. Now I have some time freed up to do this and want to get started.

I intend to make a more generic game engine that allows customization features like map making, so making the original Legend then Son of the Empire will only be a matter of switching out assets, maps and event scripts.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get hold of the game programmer, Anthony Taglione, so that I may ask him questions detailing the game.

I was also wondering if anyone can help me get the graphics and audio from the game. I want to manipulate the graphics to double the resolution but keep the original look. I have tried before using a graphics ripper but I was not able to get anything right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love this game and want to port it to a more ubiquitous platform with some slight improvements.

Old 15 October 2010, 18:16   #2
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

his brother is on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/philip.taglione

- although he largely worked on the 8-bit versions of Bloodwych i believe.

I'd be insterested in any re-sourcing you do of this game. I suspect it is programmed in similar fashion to Bloodwych, so it would be a nice one to make an editor for!

(on the Amigq of course)
Old 27 October 2010, 03:09   #3
Queller

thanks for the response. I tried that facebook account... seems to not exist any more?

I would not mind coding for the amiga as well. I would like to hear from anyone able to get all the game assets. I do have someone making me mp3 revisions of the music and sound effects and I really need the assets so I can redo them in a higher res. Is anyone out there good with memory rippers or action replay? I would like some hints to get the assets myself, if no-one else wants to contribute, that way I can perhaps make the learning curve less steep and make things go a bit faster...

Old 27 October 2010, 07:08   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queller View Post
I tried that facebook account... seems to not exist any more?
Works fine here.
Old 27 October 2010, 07:16   #5
kriz

You have to be logged into facebook to see it I think, it works.
Old 30 October 2010, 05:33   #6
Queller

Ugh... I despise facebook and refuse to use that means of contact. No thanks.

Old 30 October 2010, 12:07   #7
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

?!?!

I am sorry, but i totally dont understand that logic.

"i want to contact someone who will be difficult to find, but i refuse to use the contact method given because i dont 'like' it"

sign up, contact him, get an email address, and leave facebook ... otherwise you are just cutting of your nose to spite your face.e