English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 17 February 2003, 20:12   #1
MethodGit

Smile Two more Audiogenic cricket games

First off, let's give a hearty thanks to Codetapper for taking the time to properly fix up two quite good Audiogenic cricket games recently and releasing the patches for them!

Now, I thought I'd do my bit for the WHD community by pointing out something. Tapper, if you're aiming to patch all the Audiogenic cricket titles, I think I can help you out with two offerings.

AP63 gave Battle For The Ashes away for free, while AP54 had another game which I don't know its exact identity, but it was referred to as "Audiogenic Cricket" on the coverdisk. I can upload both coverdisks to the Zone for yas, or would you like me to alternatively point out the site where they can be downloaded?
Old 18 February 2003, 01:15   #2
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Smile Upload to the zone please...

Yes I do intend to patch all the Audiogenic games. The Test Match Special Edition was done last night and tonight I will probably do Gooch's Second Innings. I have an original of Battle for the ashes but you might as well send your versions in case they are different.

The only reason the original Gooch game isn't WHD'd first is because there are 3 versions to support and it's a single disk only. The 2 disk games were better because once I had sorted out all the messy disk swap code I can fake a second disk on the single disk versions easily. Brian Lara's '96 version might be a bit more delayed as it's a lot different to the others - hopefully not hugely so...
Old 18 February 2003, 23:02   #3
MethodGit

Done. Check out the Zone, dude!

While we're on the minor subject of AP, I thought I'd add that AP26 featured a demo of Graham Gooch's World Class Cricket. I think that and the other two are the only general Amiga coverdisks I know of that contain Audiogenic cricket titles.

Unless someone can prove me wrong perhaps?
Old 21 February 2003, 12:03   #4
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Post Cricket games analysed...

Battle for the Ashes on Amiga Power seems to be the full game but with a modified loading pic featuring an ad asking you to buy the game! The current slave will support this version.

The Cricket 95 coverdisk is a demo version of the game that became Brian Lara's Cricket 96. You can only bat and bowl 2 overs per innings, you cannot change the match options and a lot of functions are disabled. I don't think there is any point supporting this version with an install as you can download Lara '96 and use that with the future install to play the game.