English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 19 September 2010, 15:14   #1
AmigaFun

CV64 and setting up monitor resolution

hi, hope someone can help me out on this.
I have got round to plugging my A4000 back in (see my DENEB question) and trying to set my monitor up to work with my GFX card. The monitor I have is here http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod....pl?mdl=SDMM51
At the moment my screen is off set to one side and cant be centered. This is using the Indivision output. On top of that when I try to set the screen mode to the CV64 the screen is unstable, as if it's out of sync and can't lock properly. How do I tell the CV64 to output at frequencies suitable for my monitor?

Cheers all

Mart
Old 19 September 2010, 18:57   #2
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
From your Monitor instructions your screen supports Horizontal frequencies of 28-64Khz and Vertical range of 48-75 Hz

Make sure your screen modes are within these ranges and then you might need to use option on your Monitor to auto fix and centre the image, that what I had to do on my JVC LCD once its stored the setting it remebers it every time.

I can tell you how to set these up with Picasso96 but I think you're using CGX aren't you?

Steve.
Old 19 September 2010, 19:37   #3
AmigaFun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
From your Monitor instructions your screen supports Horizontal frequencies of 28-64Khz and Vertical range of 48-75 Hz

Make sure your screen modes are within these ranges and then you might need to use option on your Monitor to auto fix and centre the image, that what I had to do on my JVC LCD once its stored the setting it remebers it every time.

I can tell you how to set these up with Picasso96 but I think you're using CGX aren't you?

Steve.
Hi Steve, I have no idea if I am using P96 or CGX anymore. I have just installed OS4 though. Anyway, the monitor does not like it's native resulotion, it does not fill the screen but is sharp and stable (it fills only 65% of the screen and is way off center). The auto settings don't shift it around at all.
Old 19 September 2010, 19:48   #4
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
OS4 is abit different to normal Picasso96. p96mode seems irrelevent (apart from choosing the card which is stored in picasso96settings file), as the modes are stored in the monitor icon information. You could try adding any missing resolutions and supported refresh rates there.
Old 19 September 2010, 20:08   #5
AmigaFun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
OS4 is abit different to normal Picasso96. p96mode seems irrelevent (apart from choosing the card which is stored in picasso96settings file), as the modes are stored in the monitor icon information. You could try adding any missing resolutions and supported refresh rates there.
How do you do that in OS4?
Old 19 September 2010, 20:28   #6
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Like OS3, the Monitor driver is in devs/monitors. Just right click on the monitor icon and shw info. youll see settings already in it, just add, what resolutions you want and see what happens.
Old 19 September 2010, 20:34   #7
AmigaFun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
Like OS3, the Monitor driver is in devs/monitors. Just right click on the monitor icon and shw info. youll see settings already in it, just add, what resolutions you want and see what happens.
Thanks Matt, once I have built up the strength again to boot it up, I will have a look in Devd/Monitors..