English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 June 2008, 22:10   #1
Kelly Preston

CDTV Issues

First off, I LOVE the new 1.5, it solved so many freakin issues and I have never in my life witnessed a program outside of an operating system be so brilliant in function.

Two questions;

1 has anyone been able to get Barney Bear goes to school to work?

I tried it under CDTV and it does not get past the first screen.

I actually owned this game and at the time I tried to run it on my CD32, say about 20 years ago and it didn't work then either. Yes I know it's a CDTV game but back at that time I didn't know any better. But it didn't get past the first screen back then either.

I have been going back to old school with my toddler and some of these learning programs.

Second question, When I owned a real A4000 I had issues with the larger hard drives that any files over (I think) 128 megs would be corrupted because of an internal rom error, IDE Fix corrected this problem but my question is now that the Amiga is so 99% perfectly emulated do I still need IDE Fix to correct this problem or was it allready identified and corrected through your ingenious programing?

I appologize if these questions were previously addressed in other threads, honestly for the life of me I could not find them.

Many thanks,
KP

Old 22 June 2008, 16:09   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Preston View Post
1 has anyone been able to get Barney Bear goes to school to work?
I don't have it.

Quote:
Second question, When I owned a real A4000 I had issues with the larger hard drives that any files over (I think) 128 megs would be corrupted because of an internal rom error, IDE Fix corrected this problem but my question is now that the Amiga is so 99% perfectly emulated do I still need IDE Fix to correct this problem or was it allready identified and corrected through your ingenious programing?
Probably usual maxtransfer problem. May or may not happen under emulation. (emulated IDE limits max transfers to 128 blocks which may be low enough)
Old 17 July 2008, 02:37   #3
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
If someone can pass me over that CDTV CD image, I'm happy to fiddle around with it
Seems to be a real rare beast (although HOL has at least scans of all the goodies)

Kelly, note for CDTV, the possession of the second (extended) ROM is a must, otherwise no go.