English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 07 June 2013, 09:10   #1
trixeo

FastATA MK-VI 4000 CF/SATA in A3000D

Hi! What can the LED-connector (marked "LED" pins "KAK") be used for in the FastATA 4000 Controller? Is there a way to connect one or more of those pins so that my A3000 shows hard disk activity on the front HDD-LED? The FastATA for A1200 has a pin that connects to the pin 39 of the old IDE HDD-controller.

PINS on the FastATA:
<123| = <KAK|
1: HDD LED PRIMARY IDE ?
2: +5V ?
3: HDD LED SECONDARY IDE ?

CN302 PINS on the A300D MB (the A3000D schematics that I can find on the Internet is old and outdated, even the zips have the wrong angle, but the A3000T have this):
<123| =
1: +5V
2: SCSI LED
3: POWER LED

When using another IDE->SATA apadter than the one that comes in the package (the SATA-adapter that I got in the package did not work as standalone Master, refused to boot at all) I got it to work by disconnecting the 2nd (middle black) wire from the A3000 LED-PCB and connecting it to either pin 1 or pin 3 (both seems to carry the same signal and both are marked as "K") of the FastATA-PCB.

Last edited by trixeo; 07 June 2013 at 13:38.

Old 07 June 2013, 09:13   #2
trixeo

Problem 2, I can't get the IDE->SATA adapter (model RPCT012) to work as Master in any configuration, it will always be Slave however I jumper it or connect it (tried on both Primary and Secondary IDE, 1st and 2nd on the cable and tried to use Cable Select, alone and with the CF-adapter). What is the correct configuring of it? I know from experience that some IDE devices should be jumpered differently if they are Master Only/Master with Slave but there are no such jumper. Only Master Select/Slave/Cable Select. I did not receive any manual for this kit from AmigaKit at all. The CF-adapter I can get to work in either Master/Slave mode, alone or with the SATA-adapter, but the SATA-adapter will always be Slave. Right now I have no use for the CF-adapter so I want the SATA-adapter to work alone on Primary IDE as Master. How do I however configure it?
When no jumpers are installed, as I thought would be the correct way, and working alone, the SATA-adapter connected HDD will not boot at all.

Old 07 June 2013, 10:37   #3
NovaCoder

I don't think you can use SATA on your primary because the OS needs to load the drivers first so you can use SATA.
Old 07 June 2013, 10:44   #4
trixeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I don't think you can use SATA on your primary because the OS needs to load the drivers first so you can use SATA.
Obviously I can, as that is what I do. Not just with the SATA-adapter that came with the package, the one I am using is a cheap one I used in an old PC. But I expected the one I got with the package to work also.