English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 04 October 2004, 22:51   #1
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Exclamation NES emu anyone?

Hi,

Ever wanted a NES emu?
Well, there's quite many of them on the net...

...but, ever wanted to know how much time you spend playin'?
Ever wanted to know the EXACT time you play, ANY game?
Ever wanted to compete in the Worldwide Nintendo Hall of Fame on the Internet Database?

Then, check this out: http://members.aol.com/mkwebsite/ubernes.html

PS: Sorry, that it looks like an advert or something
I have nothing to do with this project
Old 05 October 2004, 09:49   #2
ant512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay
ever wanted to know how much time you spend playin'?
Ever wanted to know the EXACT time you play, ANY game?
Ever wanted to compete in the Worldwide Nintendo Hall of Fame on the Internet Database?D
Um, no. Not really.
Old 05 October 2004, 09:52   #3
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
That's just wrong.
Old 05 October 2004, 10:14   #4
oldpx

Meka meets MAME, but NES is quite lame.

Old 08 October 2004, 15:24   #5
squirminator2k
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy

The NES? Lame? Methinks not! Anyone who uses an Amiga cannot say that the NES is lame, purely because the Amiga was used to develop many NES (and SNES) games. An Amiga Gamer who appreciates good games yet denies the greatenss of the Nintendo Entertainment System does not appreciate good games at all.
Old 08 October 2004, 15:28   #6
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirminator2k
The NES? Lame? Methinks not! Anyone who uses an Amiga cannot say that the NES is lame, purely because the Amiga was used to develop many NES (and SNES) games. An Amiga Gamer who appreciates good games yet denies the greatenss of the Nintendo Entertainment System does not appreciate good games at all.

Great! So there's two of us

...anyone else?...
Old 08 October 2004, 15:31   #7
oldpx

I used C64, Atari 800xl, Atari 2600, Nes, Sega Master System, Mega Drive and of course Amiga, comparing nes to it's rival, sega master system. Nes is lame. I don't like nintendo at all, sega all the way HAHA I refer my time wasted with nes games as the saddest days of my gaming life.

Old 08 October 2004, 15:37   #8
squirminator2k

The Master System was rubbish but I'll give you that Sega rocked the box with the MegaDrive and the Dreamcast. The NES was, and is, a classic console with some fantastic games. I had both a NEs and a MasterSystem and I can't remember a single game from the Master System. I could name dozens from the NES.

A Gamer who does not appreciate Nintendo is not a Gamer at all. Ifso factso.
Old 08 October 2004, 15:38   #9
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burseg
I used C64, Atari 800xl, Atari 2600, Nes, Sega Master System, Mega Drive and of course Amiga, comparing nes to it's rival, sega master system. Nes is lame. I don't like nintendo at all, sega all the way HAHA I refer my time wasted with nes games as the saddest days of my gaming life.
Then... i dunno... maybe you've been playin' the wrong titles?
...or you dislike the feeling all the nes games have, while the sega feels imho much, much arcade-a-like.
Old 08 October 2004, 15:40   #10
oldpx

My reply would be exactly the opposite, so you're saving me from making one. Just swap nes with master system

I think nintendo's greater success was snes, against mega drive and sega's was master system against nes.

Anyway, please don't turn this into something personal. I really don't like nes and can name many sms titles, similarly game gear owns gameboy for me too. I accept your preference, but I don't like you calling me er... "non-gamer"

Old 08 October 2004, 15:45   #11
oldpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay
...or you dislike the feeling all the nes games have, while the sega feels imho much, much arcade-a-like.
That should be it. I wouldn't call sms games arcade-like but they have a more professional feeling to them, more fun to dig into.

Old 08 October 2004, 15:49   #12
squirminator2k

Quote:
I think nintendo's greater success was snes, against mega drive and sega's was master system against nes.

Anyway, please don't turn this into something personal. I really don't like nes and can name many sms titles, similarly game gear owns gameboy for me too. I accept your preference, but I don't like you calling me er... "non-gamer"
Fair enough, but just so you know:

The Sega Master system was a phenomenal flop worldwide apart from in the UK where it was the second most popular console system of its time, next to the NES. The Master System II was eventually released and, although fairly popular, still didn't outsell the NES (which, at the time, was being manufactured by both Nintendo and Mattel).

The Sega MegaDrive (Genesis in the States) was the clear winner of the 16Bit Wars, knocking the SNES over with its superior hardware (except for the sound though, which was basic MIDI in most places). The MegaDrive II rocked the world's socks, but Sega lost it with the MegaCD, an add-on which flopped, and the SNES crept back into first.
Old 08 October 2004, 16:09   #13
oldpx

It doesn't matter if nintendo was commercially successful with nes. Sms had better hardware and better games than nes. Additionally Master system 1 and 2 basically have the same hardware and you can't compare them seperately against nes. Of course there are differences like the lack of card slot in sms2.

Try Phantasy Star and Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap for starters if you'd like to see the good sms games, except sonic and arcade conversions. Now tell me any nes game with superior quality.

Mega Drive hardly had a technical advantage over snes and was not successful in the states at all because nintendo had it's brand advantage. Although I like it more than snes, one should tell the history correctly. I agree with the part after the megacd.

Old 08 October 2004, 18:00   #14
squirminator2k

Still, I remain adamant that a good Gamer cannot deny the undesputable genius that exists on the NES. I've played Phantasy Star and I didn't enjoy it. Wonderboy, however, was quite good. If you can suggest a few other MasterSystem games, I'll gladly give them a try.
Old 08 October 2004, 18:06   #15
oldpx

Well I don't understand how the identity "gamer" is something that is to be earned. Just play games you enjoy and take it easy. Playing games is something you do for yourself, not so that others tell you are a good gamer. Identites like these are used to manipulate the mainstream. Everyday you hear quotes like: "every serious gamer should get the x game/console."

I play what I believe is good and I like myself. Rest is bullshit.

Ok, on master system try Y's, Miracle Warriors, Space Harrier, Ultima 4, I can go on forever but I don't think neither sms nor I need to defend ourselves against an inferior hardware and it's fan.

Old 08 October 2004, 22:51   #16
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

This sounds like a fanboi rant exchange. Shut up. Both systems rocked. Sega MAster System, tho, had far superior graphics.
Old 09 October 2004, 14:12   #17
ant512

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirminator2k
Fair enough, but just so you know:

The Sega Master system was a phenomenal flop worldwide apart from in the UK where it was the second most popular console system of its time, next to the NES.
It's still being manufactured in Brazil by Tec Toy.
Old 09 October 2004, 15:23   #18
oldpx

I recently saw new nes carts here. Pirate nes consoles are very common here.

Old 09 October 2004, 15:31   #19
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
I recently saw new nes carts here. Pirate nes consoles are very common here.
Very common here too
African street vendors sell all those cool pirate crap.
Old 09 October 2004, 21:58   #20
andyr

My personal opinion is that the NES was lacking in some respects (EG Graphics) but seemed to have games with more depth to them.

The Master System was technically superior but didn't have all that many in-depth games but most were easy to get into and good for a quick fix of gaming.

(and yes, there are exceptions to that general rule!)

Both were good systems in their own right though and both systems are worth playing each with unique and great titles.

BTW, my backside hurts sitting on this fence!