English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 21 July 2016, 23:55   #61
Cobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondService View Post
p.s. From the video above it looks like the CD32 version suffers from not being able to save files (that´s why ingame there are different players than selected before; the game consists of different programs which communicate via a saved file)
Yeah, common issue on cd32. I did that iso quickly just to see if it works on cd32 and cause you mentioned it was tested only on 4mb a1200. Do you find that as a bigger issue? I saw that game writes some *.tennis files to ram and deletes them after exit which I assume are save files but didn't bother further. How big are those files? Can they be packed in 1kb? Cause cd32 can store only 1kb in its nvram.
Old 22 July 2016, 00:24   #62
StarEye
Zone Friend

I may be a bit rusty with fiddling with the Amiga, but I get "tennis_organizer: file is not executable" when I try to run the game (on a real Amiga 1200 with Blizzard 1230-IV and 32mb fast). I used the Zip-file that SecondService provided, not the adfs.
Old 22 July 2016, 00:25   #63
SecondService

@Cobe: Exactly. The files in RAM are for communication between the menu & match program. The files for the career mode are stored on the hdd.
@StarEye: the tennis organizer is the program that jumps to the menu & match programs. Right now I can't tell why it doesn't work for you?!

Old 22 July 2016, 00:35   #64
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
@StarEye: the tennis organizer is the program that jumps to the menu & match programs. Right now I can't tell why it doesn't work for you?!
Me neither, weird stuff. I try double clicking on the CenterCourts2 icon, and that message pops up. Do I have to add some assigns to the Startup-sequence or something?
Old 22 July 2016, 00:37   #65
Cobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye View Post
I may be a bit rusty with fiddling with the Amiga, but I get "tennis_organizer: file is not executable" when I try to run the game (on a real Amiga 1200 with Blizzard 1230-IV and 32mb fast). I used the Zip-file that SecondService provided, not the adfs.
Probably somewhere(on PC side) in transfer you lost protection bit. Try clicking on file, go to Icons menu, Informations, check executable and save.
Old 22 July 2016, 00:38   #66
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Brief article is up on Indie Retro News - http://www.indieretronews.com/2016/0...a-game-is.html

I wanted to do a big article, but it was late and tomorrow I'm with family
Old 22 July 2016, 00:54   #67
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
Probably somewhere(on PC side) in transfer you lost protection bit. Try clicking on file, go to Icons menu, Informations, check executable and save.
Yeah, i figured it out, had to do the same with all the files in the root folder, otherwise it wouldnt load the next bit.

Good game, though!
Old 22 July 2016, 01:10   #68
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

Many thanks for this! The Amiga community as a whole benefits tremendously with the release of these high-quality games! Cheers!
Old 22 July 2016, 07:31   #69
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Thanks very much for this release.. Really appreciated !

I love the graphics and sound but the difficulty level is pretty extreme! Ha
Old 22 July 2016, 08:00   #70
Python1

Thanks for the great title screen(s) and the tune SecondService!

The actual HOL entries
are quite confusing regarding Center Court because it gives the impression "Center Court Tennis" is the real name. The official name is "Center Court" and the alias "Center Court Tennis" and not the opposite. Could the HOL guys change it maybe?

The name "Center Court Tennis" actually never officially existed. Please look at the attachment below. It's a scan SecondService sent me in 2012 when I first contacted him. The name is "Center Court" and that's it. But in at least one German magazine they called it wrongly "Center Court Tennis" and the [ Show youtube player ] also spoke about "Center Court Tennis" (I assume the first cracktro is about the 1997 version of CC1, hence the name "Blitz Tennis" even if here they say 1995).

As far as I know there was:

1. Center Court. OCS/ECS/AGA. 1995. No updated title screen and no doubles mode in AGA mode. The game is the very same on every Amiga without any doubles mode. It's the game we had back in the days because we didn't get an updated title screen on our A1200 and we couldn't play any doubles.

2. Center Court [1997] (the 1997 is to distinguish from the 1995 version but the title screen name is again "Center Court" and nothing else). Also called "Blitz Tennis", see the box scans in HOL. OCS/ECS/AGA. 1997. On OCS/ECS machines the game remains the very same. On AGA Amiga you get an updated title screen and double modes option. That's it. Don't know anything about the title "Andre Agassi Tennis" HOL mentions.

@Predseda
Thanks for the Center Court Lemon Amiga entry! But can you please change "Center Court Tennis 2" => "Center Court 2"? This means you also need to make a new screenshot of the title screen... Sorry.

Now that SecondService first released the game with the "Center Court Tennis 2" title screen, it seems Center Court and Center Court 2 will always be also called "Center Court Tennis" and "Center Court Tennis 2" :-) Indeed, this ex-unreleased game is already spread everywhere and presented as "Center Court Tennis 2" with a title screen that shows it... So for HOL I think we need two entries: "Center Court 2" with "Center Court Tennis 2" as alias. AGA only. 1997 (released in 2016).
Attached Files
File Type: zip CENTERCOURTBOX.zip (3.10 MB, 380 views)
Old 22 July 2016, 08:24   #71
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Name change made a confusion, on Lemonamiga the search engine now finds the game with or without the word Tennis in it. So like in HOL, it is just a multiname game Maybe I will add a new title screen next to the existing one.
Old 22 July 2016, 08:26   #72
s2325
Zone Friend

LemonAmiga search is confused if there is space after any title.
Old 22 July 2016, 10:08   #73
Python1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Name change made a confusion, on Lemonamiga the search engine now finds the game with or without the word Tennis in it. So like in HOL, it is just a multiname game Maybe I will add a new title screen next to the existing one.
True. If you leave "Center Court Tennis 2", then we always find the game when we search it, with or without the word "Tennis". It's actually better to leave it so and maybe add the 2nd title screen like you suggest. Thanks. But in HOL I still think it should be "Center Court" alias "Center Court Tennis" as well as "Center Court [1997]" alias "Center Court Tennis [1997]" alias "Blitz Tennis" alias "Andre Agassi Tennis".

Do you think you can also make a Lemon Amiga entry for "Center Court" (=> "Center Court Tennis" so that everybody find it)? And maybe for "Center Court [1997]" (=> "Center Court Tennis [1997]") and its officialized alias "BlitzTennis"?

And for the record, I didn't ask SecondService to change the name, even less the title screen. I was just wondering if he wants now that we name his game "Center Court Tennis 2" (CCT2) instead of "Center Court 2" (CC2) and he almost immediately made a new title screen :-)
Old 22 July 2016, 10:36   #74
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python1 View Post
Do you think you can also make a Lemon Amiga entry for "Center Court" (=> "Center Court Tennis" so that everybody find it)? And maybe for "Center Court [1997]" (=> "Center Court Tennis [1997]") and its officialized alias "BlitzTennis"?
It is already in "to do" list and will be added in next update. Lemon Amiga is still missing a lot of games
Old 22 July 2016, 10:37   #75
DamienD
Banned

Thanks for the info Python1

See this recent post in the "TOSEC Amiga Correction Thread": http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=2078

...and this recent thread in the "abime.net - Hall Of Light --> HOL contributions" section: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=83534

I'm sure the HOL guys will address
Old 22 July 2016, 11:18   #76
Amigajay

Quote:
Hi everyone! I´m the author of Center Court Tennis for the Amiga back in the 1990s.
Even the creator announced it with the full title, so that's what we must go with It even has 'Center Court - Tennis!' on the title screen across the middle?

But anyway thanks for releasing this guys, tbh i'm not a fan of the original, so i hope this one is much improved which going by the video looks like it has, will try it out at the weekend.
Old 22 July 2016, 11:26   #77
Cobe

And I see on Lemon Center Court Tennis 2 Information Hardware: OCS, ECS while it should be AGA.

This brings me to my next question. If the colors of digi_gfx and anything additional relevant that is AGA would be reduced, would the game itself work on OCS/ECS? Is it compiled for 020? Does it use any other AGA features except static 128/256 color pictures?
Old 22 July 2016, 11:28   #78
Joeled

A big thank you to SecondService and Python1 I m still playing Great Courts2(i m unbeatable) so its nice to see another good tennis game. Now, if we only could convince somebody to create an online mode in CC2 so we could play against eachother. Kickstarter?

Old 22 July 2016, 11:33   #79
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
And I see on Lemon Center Court Tennis 2 Information Hardware: OCS, ECS while it should be AGA.
Corrected, thank you.
Old 22 July 2016, 12:03   #80
el_pasi

Thanks for this great tennis game!
There might be bug that prevents playing doubles. I have 4-player adapter connected to parallel port and game didn't recognize pushing button on adapters ports (3 & 4). Does anybody else have same problems?
Movement worked in every direction, issue was only button.
Adapter works and joysticks (Cruiser and Quickshot) worked when I tried other 4-player games (Blitz Bombers, Super Tennis Champs).
Computer used: Amiga 1200,Blizzard 1230-III,32 MB Ram,OS 3.9.