English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 17 December 2016, 03:12   #681
Depeche72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Yes, you have an option with OS3.9 to install the internet software. Sorry, in my next update I will include the Ken's icons in a drawer.

Thanks a lot for telling, I actually only use RoadShow.

Edit: WIP 16C screenshot, but a fix has to be done in a program yet.

I installed Genesis again but it's still the same.
I would really like to have 8.7 because it seems to work better for me as I get more memory so maybe I should try Roadshow instead.
Old 17 December 2016, 03:28   #682
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, RoadShow is better, but if you want to use Genesis you can always use it. Just delete the contents of the Genesis drawer and run again the OS3.9 internet add-ons to use it if you want it.

I used to use Genesis till RoadShow was launched. There are few programs like this that you can still support and that give you so much. They recently made an update and I can strongly recommend using RoadShow.
Old 17 December 2016, 14:25   #683
Signman

Tried installing this with winuae and 8gb card.
1gb for boot section with OS3.9 already installed.

Hangs or freezes everytime somewhere during install.
Old 17 December 2016, 15:00   #684
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Well, to start leave more room as I plan to add a lot of images for the screenshots of games and demos for Arcade Game Selector.

I install it about everyday because I have to try things and so for the update. Never had any problem. You must have a bad WinUAE config or something.

Try this attached and also download again the AKReal Full install, just in case.

Edit: Remember that above 1Gb partitions you have to use a good file system, PFS3AIO.
Attached Files
File Type: uae AKReal 8 Configuration.uae (12.6 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 18 December 2016 at 11:19.
Old 17 December 2016, 15:35   #685
Depeche72

Ok I just deleted the Genesis drawer and installed it again but it's still the same problem.
Well I guess I'll try Roadshow instead then.
Thanks anyway for the help.
Old 17 December 2016, 16:04   #686
Depeche72

Found the problem...stupid of me.
Just checked start-up sequence and my wireless settings is not there anymore.
Must have been removed when I installed 8.7
Anyway happy that it works now.

Sorry to waste your time RetroFan and thanks again.
Old 18 December 2016, 00:43   #687
CraigsBar

This has probably been asked a million times by now, But I have not been able to find an answer!

I know it is possible to get AKReal running on a Vampire v2 equipped a600 but try as i might I cannot find a way to get it working!

I guess my Startup-Sequence needs editting (I have removed the startup screen) but I get either a total lockup as soon as Dopus5 tried to start or repeated reboots.

My install was was follows.

3.1 from Cloanto floppies
3.9 from ISO (Mounted as a CD drive)
BB 1 and 2, Euro Update
Vampire P96, Saga drivers
AKReal 8.7 full

And I can not get it working.

Can anyone post a working Startup Sequence from a Vampire600 where this actually works?
Old 18 December 2016, 01:18   #688
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

CraigsBar read this post and try: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=582
Old 18 December 2016, 14:43   #689
CraigsBar

Quote:
Amazing. thanks for that I must be blind!
Old 20 December 2016, 01:36   #690
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depeche72 View Post
Found the problem...stupid of me.
Just checked start-up sequence and my wireless settings is not there anymore.
Must have been removed when I installed 8.7
Anyway happy that it works now.

Sorry to waste your time RetroFan and thanks again.
Ups. So there isn't any problem with the Genesis icons? I will let them as they are then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigsBar View Post
Amazing. thanks for that I must be blind!
Many thanks CraigsBar. I hope -I believe- you'll get it working with your Vampire.

I have to say that I appreciate -a lot- a lot of people saying thanks for whatever, but I would appreciate much more people showing screenshots or videos.

That's not just for me but for a lot of potential users, I think you can understand what I'm meaning.

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 December 2016 at 02:12.
Old 20 December 2016, 14:54   #691
CraigsBar

Quote:
Ups. So there isn't any problem with the Genesis icons? I will let them as they are then.

Many thanks CraigsBar. I hope -I believe- you'll get it working with your Vampire.

I have to say that I appreciate -a lot- a lot of people saying thanks for whatever, but I would appreciate much more people showing screenshots or videos.

That's not just for me but for a lot of potential users, I think you can understand what I'm meaning.
Unfortunately I failed dismally to get it working. I think I'll give it a miss and go back to a stock 3.9 at least even *I* can make that work
Old 24 December 2016, 01:29   #692
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Christmas Time

For the next update I'll need to give thanks to a lot of Amiga enthusiast. This time much more than usual (10- or more by now).

To make an update with new things usually means to me to ask for a lot of permissions. I'm very glad that I can have them.

I also send emails or PM's the kind of: "Please make this or please improve that". ... Yes, a pain in the ass

But also, it sometimes means that I ask for something never made, asking for some new idea I can have or I can see that has been made in a new development or that can be improved (Really thanks a lot to Henrik Nørfjand Stengaard).

As Thomas Rapp correctly said, I don't have an idea of programming anything, I hardly make what I can. He is a great supporter though (in this case -by now- many thanks for the update of Little Clock, just like I asked for).

As you may suposse I've got a lot of things in the works this time.

So I post this just to say thanks to all of the people that are helping me to make the new update. You will see their names in the update (it doesn't have a date yet) but I better don't post them all as it isn't finished yet.

So this is just to wish the best Christmas to all of the people involved helping Amiga developments and to thank them all

Merry Christmas,
Fernando

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 December 2016 at 04:02.
Old 29 December 2016, 22:39   #693
VectrexRoli

8.7 via Live Update?

Quick question: Is there a good reason why it is not possible to update from Amikit Real 8.5 to 8.7 using the MorpheuZ / Live Update feature? When I click on "Check" it says that 8.5.0 is my installed version and there are no new packages.

As far as I remember manual update didn´t work I think from 8.3 or 8.4 to 8.5 or something like that and when I installed a WLAN card the Live update worked fine up to 8.5. Do I need now to go the manual update route again to get 8.7 on my system?
Thanks!
Old 29 December 2016, 23:20   #694
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, a good reason is that you don't actually have internet connection. Check that opening a new page of IBrowse like this one, this post.

If you have internet connection, then I need to know the size of your booting partition. Maybe it won't fit so it won't install it there.

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 December 2016 at 23:27.
Old 30 December 2016, 03:34   #695
VectrexRoli

Quote:
Yes, a good reason is that you don't actually have internet connection. Check that opening a new page of IBrowse like this one, this post.

If you have internet connection, then I need to know the size of your booting partition. Maybe it won't fit so it won't install it there.
Thanks for your quick response, I have to say that I really love AmiKit Real and all the possibilities behind it!

I am online of course, that was the first thing I checked, I can do things like browsing and playing MP3 Web radio using my MAS player device. As far as I know the LiveUpdate program also would show another specific error message in case I would not be online, but it is connecting and checking fine.

The Amikit Window shows: "173,2M free 714M used 80% full"
I could even delete certain stuff there like PPaint and Dpaint for example to make more space if that would be an issue, but in that case I also would have expected that Live Update would say that there is not enough space, but it tells me that there is no new package instead.
So far I have no clue what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks for your help and your great work!
Old 30 December 2016, 12:40   #696
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

As you have 8.5, you need at least 170Mb free for 8.6. Maybe 3,2 Mb left is too close. You can download only the 8.6 update and try (do not download 8.7 because there won't be enough space then).

In any case you won't have room to install my next 8.8 update as I will include a lot of screenshots for AGS2, so in your case I would make a full install with a larger booting partition with 1200Mb or more.
Old 30 December 2016, 16:52   #697
VectrexRoli

OK obviously I don´t have enough space and I will work on that, thanks for the information.

Still the original question remains, why live update does not show me update packages above 8.5 after checking the server?
I would like try to migrate my existing Amikit 8.5 setup to a CF card with a bigger boot partition and then trying to do a live update if that is possible.
Old 30 December 2016, 17:07   #698
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I don't know, it has to (like it's doing here right now), as long as the Live Update settings are looking like this:

Checking in Sys:Prefs/Env-Archive AmiKitVersion and AmiKitRealVersion must have 850 as that's your actual version. That's all the necessary. Make a right click on screen, "AmiKit", "Live Update", ¨Check" and it has to show 8.6 and 8.7

Last edited by Retrofan; 30 December 2016 at 19:54.
Old 30 December 2016, 17:29   #699
VectrexRoli

Thanks for showing your config screen, that was helpful as I have seen that "real/" was missing in my netpath, even I never did change or touch that field.
Anyway, I see now the latest updates, thanks a again for your help!
Old 30 December 2016, 17:38   #700
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Glad to be of help. And happy 2017 to everybody