English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 21 February 2019, 19:15   #241
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
I have hstwb-installer_1.3.0-beta1_portable and trying to make a self install image but I can not see any options for 3.1.4, in the workbench I have a choice of 3.1 (2016) or 3.1 (AF 7) or 3.1 Custom, there is no way to select 3.1.4 What am I missing?
Thats true, self install images doesn’t use any of the selected Workbench options configured using setup. Building a self install images just copies scripts to detect any supported Amiga OS 3.9, 3.1.4 and 3.1 installation and the packages selected. HstWB Installer only depends on A1200 Kickstart 3.1 to start WinUAE or FS-UAE to copy scripts and packages. Running the self install image will detect supported Amiga OS from adf files present in “amigaos” directory.

I can see this is quite confusing and I need to change setup to indicate this better. Thanks for giving me insights about this. Next beta version will contain changes to better handle this issue.
Old 04 April 2019, 14:57   #242
cyberhead97

HstWB Installer v1.3.0-BETA2 is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:

HstWB Installer with packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.3.0-BETA2 Portable with packages
  • HstWB Installer v1.3.0-BETA2 MSI Installer with packages

HstWB Installer without packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.3.0-BETA2 Portable without packages
  • HstWB Installer v1.3.0-BETA2 MSI Installer without packages

Pre-build self install images:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0-BETA2
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0-BETA2
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0-BETA2

v1.3.0-BETA2 includes following changes compared to v1.3.0-BETA1:
  • Added select package filtering to filter packages to the selected Amiga OS being installed helping users to install packages for the Amiga OS versions a package support. All packages that only work for specific Amiga OS versions has been updated with Amiga OS versions.
  • Reorganised HstWB Installer setup menus and options for a more intuitive workflow. Settings are now updated based on the selected installer mode, so only settings used for a given installer mode are shown.
  • Added support for coloured menu options in HstWB Installer setup.
  • Merged Configure Workbench and Configure Amiga OS 3.9 to Configure Amiga OS for HstWB Installer setup.
  • Updated HstWB Installer setup to support Amiga OS 3.1.4.
  • Updated self install to mount Amiga OS 3.9 iso and load Amiga OS system files from it, if Amiga OS 3.9 iso is present in "AmigaOS" directory.
  • Added update packages to HstWB Installer setup for downloading new versions of packages from package urls. This is reduce the size of HstWB Installer releases and at the same time make it possible to update packages without having to download a new version of HstWB Installer with updated packages. First time HstWB Installer setup is started, it will ask if packages should be updated.
  • Updated HstWB Installer run script build WinUAE and FS-UAE configuration files for both A500 and A1200. HstWB Installer can now be run with A500 and A1200 Kickstart roms and additional Kickstart roms will be added in the future to also support A3000, A4000D and A4000T.
  • Updated hstwb image setup scripts to detect and update Kickstart roms for A500 and A1200 WinUAE and FS-UAE configuration files.
  • Updated hstwb image setup scripts to install HstWB Installer theme for FS-UAE.
  • Fixed load "Libs:Workbench.library" and "Libs:Icon.library" requesters shown when running self install with Amiga OS 3.1.4 adf files.
  • Fixed [$AmigaOsHarddriveIndex] not being replaced in FS-UAE configuration files, when running hstwb image setup scripts.
  • Added support for Amiga Forever 8 Kickstart roms as they have changed compared to previous Amiga Forever versions.

HstWB Installer now comes with or without packages and has options to download/update all packages. This is mainly exclude changes to packages from HstWB Installer releases and to reduce the size of releases published on github.

I have also added more build-in help options to assist when running self install images.

For the packages, BestWB package has been updated to include the recent v1.1 update. EAB WHDLoad Menu packages has been updated with screenshots and details to support Retroplay's WHDLoad packs downloaded 26th February 2019.

To finalize v1.3.0 I will focus on getting ClassicWB packages updated to support Amiga OS 3.1.4 with updated supplied by github user uigiflip.

Have fun with the release and please report any issues
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.3.0-beta2_package_filtering_1.png
Views:	230
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	62663   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.3.0-beta2_package_filtering_2.png
Views:	215
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	62664   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.3.0-beta2_package_filtering_3.png
Views:	225
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	62665   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.3.0-beta2_package_filtering_4.png
Views:	239
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	62666   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.3.0-beta2_package_filtering_5.png
Views:	220
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	62667  

Name:	hstwb_installer_setup.png
Views:	318
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	62668  

Last edited by cyberhead97; 04 April 2019 at 14:59. Reason: Forgot to mention added help options
Old 04 April 2019, 15:06   #243
wiz12

Nice work, what about 64gb self install images. Do you have any plans to add these again?
Old 04 April 2019, 19:19   #244
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Nice work, what about 64gb self install images. Do you have any plans to add these again?
Sure, 32gb and 64gb prebuild self install images are now available for download.
Old 05 April 2019, 14:38   #245
wiz12

I get these error messages during the installation but it still will install normally if ignored?

Old 05 April 2019, 19:53   #246
cyberhead97

Quote:
I get these error messages during the installation but it still will install normally if ignored?

That's interesting. I can't reproduce the error message and tried with both 4GB and 64GB images.

Which image did you use? Did you run hstwb_image_setup script prior to starting the installation?
Old 06 April 2019, 11:22   #247
wiz12

I get the same error messages for all image sizes which I create using the configure image option in the launcher, I tested 2GB, 8GB & 64GB images. The installation will still proceed as normal after skipping these messages though so it's just a little strange.
Old 10 April 2019, 09:21   #248
cyberhead97

Quote:
I get the same error messages for all image sizes which I create using the configure image option in the launcher, I tested 2GB, 8GB & 64GB images. The installation will still proceed as normal after skipping these messages though so it's just a little strange.
Are you creating images from HstWB Installer launcher and setup, which causes these errors?

Could you try with one of the prebuild self install images from https://hstwb.firstrealize.com/download?
Old 10 April 2019, 11:42   #249
wiz12

Yes, I'm using the launcher, setup, configure image, create image option in the "hstwb-installer_1.3.0-beta2_packages_portable" folder to create images.

Can I add these prebuilt self images into the root folder and proceed from there?
Old 10 April 2019, 11:54   #250
cyberhead97

The prebuild self install images works without launcher, setup ...

They can be downloaded, extract anywhere and run regardless of HstWB Installer is installed or not.
Old 10 April 2019, 19:50   #251
wiz12

The prebuild self install images work ok. I no longer get any error messages with any sized image using that method.
Old 13 May 2019, 03:17   #252
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

If anybody wants to "test drive" a HDF of Pinball Dreams, have a look in the zone.
Old 19 May 2019, 15:17   #253
Hook

Is there a way to only install AGS2 from a hstwb package without reinstalling everything from scratch?
Old 07 June 2019, 08:38   #254
cyberhead97

Yes, it's possible to install just AGS2 menuen within an existing image by building a package installation. This can be run either on a real Amiga or through an emulator.

I will provide a package installation download for HstWB Installer v1.3.0-BETA2 and post when it ready for download.
Old 07 June 2019, 15:34   #255
Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
Yes, it's possible to install just AGS2 menuen within an existing image by building a package installation. This can be run either on a real Amiga or through an emulator.

I will provide a package installation download for HstWB Installer v1.3.0-BETA2 and post when it ready for download.
Oh fantastic, thanks for doing this!
Old 28 June 2019, 11:39   #256
cyberhead97

HstWB Installer v1.3.0 final is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:

HstWB Installer with packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.3.0 Portable with packages

HstWB Installer without packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.3.0 Portable without packages

HstWB package and user package installation:
  • HstWB Package Installation v1.3.0
  • HstWB User Package Installation v1.3.0

Prebuild self install images for Amiga's, WinUAE and FS-UAE emulators supporting RDB:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0
  • 32GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0
  • 64GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0
  • 128GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0

Prebuild self install images for Amiberry, UAE4ARM, UAE4ALL, UAE4ALL2 emulators that doesn't support RDB:
  • UAE4ALL HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0 (HDF files dh1, dh2, dh3 and dh4 requires surfaces is set to 2!)
  • UAE4ARM HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0

v1.3.0 includes following changes compared to v1.3.0-BETA2:
  • Added content id's to packages to prevent packages with same content being installed. When selecting packages to install, setup script and self install images will skip other packages with same content id's. Eg. if BetterWB package is set to install, clicking on ClassicWB package will skip BetterWB package.
  • Package installation menu has been updated with legends that indicate package dependencies and identical content. Legend (!) indicates package dependencies and legend (=) indicates identical content. A legends menu option has been added to show a description of the legends present for packages.
  • Added free space checks to build install entries allowing users to select next install directory, when there's not enough free space left on install directory. This is primarily for images with <2GB partitions where WHDLoad's needs to be installed over multiple partitions.
  • Added hstwb image setup patch only scripts.
  • Added 128GB image.
  • Added UAE4ALL image. This is primarily for emulators that doesn't support RDB hdf images like UAE4ALL on a PSP or PS Vita. Note UAE4ALL image doesn't work with FS-UAE due to surfaces needs to be set to 2 for DH1, DH2, DH3 and DH4.
  • Fixed validate settings for build package installation.
  • Fixed hstwb image setup patch filesystem paths using non RDB hdf files.
  • Fixed WinUAE A500 configuration changed to ECS chipset for AGS2 to work properly using WinUAE emulator.
  • Skipped msi installer for this release as it needs to be changed into a per user installation.

The most interesting new functionality added to HstWB Installer v1.3.0 final, is content id's to prevent packages with same content from being installed as they will overwrite each other and might result in an unstable installation. Eg. if BetterWB package is set to install, clicking on ClassicWB package will skip BetterWB package.

The other interesting new functionality is build install entries scripts now checks install directory for free space before extracting WHDLoad demo or game .lha, .lzx or .zip archives. If there isn't enough free space, users will be prompted with a requester allowing them to select another install directory, where installation can continue.

I have added a few screenshots that shows the new functionalities added:
  • Screenshot 1: Package installation menu with legends (!) and (=)
  • Screenshot 2: Description of legends present for packages.
  • Screenshot 3: Not enough free space requester shown during installation of user package 'eab-whdload-games'.

For v1.3.0 wanted to get ClassicWB packages updated to support Amiga OS 3.1.4, but I haven't had the time to do so.

If anyone have bought AmigaOS 3.1.4 A3000 or A4000T, please send me a MD5 checksum of the kickstart roms for emulation. This will improve HstWB Installer Kickstart rom detection .

My roadmap for next release is currently the following:
  • Update ClassicWB packages to support Amiga OS 3.1.4.
  • Add BestClassicWB for Amiga OS 3.1.4.
  • Add Amiga In A Box for Amiga OS 3.1.

Maybe I should start a new thread for new releases of HstWB Installer. What's the recommended approach to this?

Have fun with the release and please report any issues
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	package_installation_legends.png
Views:	146
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	63573   Click image for larger version

Name:	legends_description.png
Views:	146
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	63574   Click image for larger version

Name:	whdload_games_free_space.png
Views:	249
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	63575  

Last edited by cyberhead97; 28 June 2019 at 11:41. Reason: Forgot package and user package installation
Old 28 June 2019, 11:45   #257
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook View Post
Oh fantastic, thanks for doing this!
With HstWB Installer v1.3.0 released you can download HstWB Package Installation v1.3.0, if you only want to install EAB WHDLoad Games meun package that will give you AGS2.

I have written a tutorial here https://github.com/henrikstengaard/h...ation-tutorial that can guide you with package installation.
Old 28 June 2019, 17:26   #258
Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
With HstWB Installer v1.3.0 released you can download HstWB Package Installation v1.3.0, if you only want to install EAB WHDLoad Games meun package that will give you AGS2.

I have written a tutorial here https://github.com/henrikstengaard/h...ation-tutorial that can guide you with package installation.
Thanks for this!!
Old 28 June 2019, 19:31   #259
Viceroy

Many thanks cyberhead97 ;-)
Old 29 June 2019, 01:22   #260
cyberhead97

I started examining AmigaOS 3.1.4 and ClassicWB this evening and patched ClassicWB FULL package with initial support for AmigaOS 3.1.4.

So far I got it working by excluding C, L, Libs files from ClassicWB and it installed successfully.

It should be a quick one to fix and make a new release again soon.

Here's a screenshot of Work-In-Progress
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	classicwb_3.1.4_working.png
Views:	171
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	63577