English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 18 August 2018, 18:45   #1
Overmann

A new Indivision AGA in the works?

Hi all,

The Indivision AGA Mk2cr are selling out and new stock is not coming in. There appears to be a new indivision in the works and I'm just wondering if anyone has any info. I've not found a discussion about it yet so I'll start.

The last time I was at an event was Amiga's 30th (coincedentally the same DAY as my 30th) in Netherlands. Jens was there and there was much talk of hardware new and old. Surely someone must have bumped into Jens recently and gotten some info from him.

All I know is that it's supposed to be a redesign, not a "reprint".
Old 18 August 2018, 19:40   #2
Signman

Whatever happened to the amiga reloaded or some such venture?
Old 18 August 2018, 20:33   #3
DanyPPC

I think the first upcoming project will be the new redesigned Turbo Chameleon 64.
Old 18 August 2018, 21:40   #4
Overmann

From what I've been told the new indivision won't see the light of day until Q4 2018 at the earliest, so there is no doubt that individual computers will release other products before the new, redesigned indivision.

Noone has any juicy info on the new design? I'm sure Jens has a pretty clear idea of what it will be and how he will acomplish it at this point. He must have told someone about it.
I was looking to buy an MK2cr but have decided to wait for the new version.
Old 19 August 2018, 14:03   #5
DanyPPC

Knowing the timing of iComp I think you'll have to wait a long time !
Old 19 August 2018, 14:32   #6
spudje

I believe Jens is currently working on the Rapidroad/XSurf (USB/Ethernet) extension for the ACA500+. This will also serve as basis for the stuff to be added to the Amiga Reloaded and maybe eventually lead to a new stand alone Indivision, who knows.
Old 20 August 2018, 08:30   #7
Jope
-

I sure hope the next Indivision AGA will come with support for syncing with the Amiga's PAL framerate + includes a user selectable config to provide that framerate with full overscan visible.
Old 19 September 2018, 17:25   #8
sneckburger

Indivision AGA Mk2 the Scandoubler?
I've been after one of these for a while now and AmigaKit and Amigastore EU are no longer listing them. They are available through their website. https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/shop/...A1200%2FA4000T
I wonder why Amiga kit can't get hold of stock as I'd prefer to buy from them.
Old 28 September 2018, 10:00   #9
sneckburger

Any News on this?
Am I the only person looking to buy one of these?
I've noticed Individual have taken them off their website shop now :-(
Old 28 September 2018, 10:34   #10
Locutus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
I sure hope the next Indivision AGA will come with support for syncing with the Amiga's PAL framerate + includes a user selectable config to provide that framerate with full overscan visible.

Oh yes...the missing VSYNC....even though its in the Prefs tool....

I kind of wonder how hard Freesync would be to implement, potentially the best way to get absolutely jerk/tear free display, even if the Amiga is running at just 50/60 Hz.
Old 28 September 2018, 10:40   #11
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Freesync wouldn't make sense here. The tears are here, because the Indivision reads the framebuffer asynchronously from how the Amiga writes it. The Indy is already in sync with the monitor, the problem is that it's not in sync with the Amiga.
Old 23 November 2018, 22:55   #12
spudje

New ECS Indivision now available for pre-order. https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/produ...S_ECS#filter=*

New AGA still expected to follow early 2019.
Old 26 November 2018, 13:50   #13
sneckburger

"Can only be used with an Apollo accelerator card if you have an A604 or A604n."

Did the old one require an Apollo card?
Old 26 November 2018, 14:33   #14
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneckburger View Post
"Can only be used with an Apollo accelerator card if you have an A604 or A604n."

Did the old one require an Apollo card?
I think it means that if you have an Apollo accelerator installed, you need an A604(n) to use it, not that you actually need an Apollo accelerator (only few people do). In other words, Apollo+A603 is a no-go for this new model. Not sure if the old one worked in this config.
Old 10 March 2019, 12:20   #15
madpete

Does anyone have any new information as to when the new Indivision AGA is likely to be released?

I was just about to buy one, when they went out of production, I thought about finding a MK2 second hand (like hens teeth) but then decided to wait it out for the new model.

I've been scanning around the net for info, but haven't found much.

Thanks for any info.

Edit: Just been reading that Jens may be throwing the towel in... damn everything.

Last edited by madpete; 10 March 2019 at 16:14.
Old 10 March 2019, 21:06   #16
Syntrax

Not to be negative about the Indivision, but they are not that great. Every time you (or a program) changes anything in the screenmode, the Indivision will take about 3 seconds to rescan the screen. During that period your screen will be black. Second: setting the screen mode combined with the Indivision correct can be a pain in the *. Third: there are many SCART to VGA/HDMI converters these days that will generate the amiga picture on a normal monitor. (look at Alibaba or this forum for OSSC).

So, you're not helpless without the Indivision. If my Chinese import works: I will even remove it. The blackouts are annoying...

Old 10 March 2019, 21:50   #17
Matt_H

Quote:
Every time you (or a program) changes anything in the screenmode, the Indivision will take about 3 seconds to rescan the screen.
I think that's more the monitor than the Indivision. Same thing happens when you change screenmodes on a Mac or PC. These LCDs weren't designed to expect frequent changes in resolution the way our old 1084s were.
Old 10 March 2019, 22:12   #18
Romanujan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_H View Post
These LCDs weren't designed to expect frequent changes in resolution the way our old 1084s were.

So a good scandoubler shouldn't do it - just select the maximum resolution it (and LCD screen) supports and stick to it. I think about switching to OSSC too.
Old 10 March 2019, 22:25   #19
madpete

I have been looking at the OSSC, what's people's views on it? A good solution?
Old 10 March 2019, 23:31   #20
RoC

I have read good reviews of the OSSC, but don’t have one. It should provide virtually no input lag and good picture quality.

I do have a Framemeister for the CD32 and CDTV in the living room and fully satisfied. This is a scaler (more advanced) while the OSSC is a linedoubbler (2x,3x,4x..).

The HDMI image quality is superb, while the drawback is the 2 seconds black-screen when resolution change, althoughThis happens in a minority of games more frequent in apps. I read about lag issues, but didn’t face this issue so far.

For the rest of miggies, I have been using the Indivision ECS/AGA and for me they work just fine.