T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Starfighter 3000 looks insane...
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 05 November 2012, 12:44   #42
syd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
OK let me rephrase that slightly. I have no interest in Acorn's. I just would rather see them go to someone that wants them rather than the trash. Do you think there's much of a retro scene for Acorn's?

If there's anyone in the Auckland region that wants them free, you are welcome to them.
If no one is interested in them I'm a member of a bbc/acorn forum ,http://www.stardot.org.uk/forums/ , would you mind me offering them there on your behalf? I'd hate to see them go to waste.
Old 08 December 2012, 09:00   #43
caluser2000

Quote:
OK let me rephrase that slightly. I have no interest in Acorn's. I just would rather see them go to someone that wants them rather than the trash. Do you think there's much of a retro scene for Acorn's?

If there's anyone in the Auckland region that wants them free, you are welcome to them.
I know its a month on but do you still have them? If so I'd be interested in paying for postage to Palmerston North.

Old 08 December 2012, 12:30   #44
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

My work still has them, but we're about to break for Xmas and we want to get the data off the hard drives before they go to anyone else anyway. We have some old software on them we would like to use at a 30 year conference showing how far the software has changed. From what I can tell, you need Linux to be able to plug the drive in and extract it so it's usable on an emulator.
Old 08 December 2012, 17:35   #45
caluser2000

Sounds like a neat project. The guys over at Acorn Arcade might be able to help out. Things have moved on alright. If they're still available after the break just give me a PM if you like.

I'm relatively new to things Acorn/risc related myself. I've got some RiscPCs with a selection of a few early-mid 90s computers of that era, mostly x86 machines and an A600. An A7000 would be a good addition.

I'm also interested anything x86 GUI related -OS/2/win3.x/early NT and the like.

Edit:syd thanks for posting the forum link. I've just registered.

Last edited by caluser2000; 08 December 2012 at 18:23.

Old 09 December 2012, 00:54   #46
pkersey

Quote:
OK let me rephrase that slightly. I have no interest in Acorn's. I just would rather see them go to someone that wants them rather than the trash
First of all, this is my first post here. I'm a classic computers collector who happened to come across a post in this board.

Do you still want to part with those Acorn A7000's? I live in Brazil, but I will cover all expenses.

Payment through PayPal. Serious.

Regards.