English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 20 August 2018, 20:27   #1
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

New Amiga Video Cast - 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast

Hello, All!

I have just finished episode one of the 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast at http://www.10marc.com

This series will cover Amiga's past and future and delve into how we use our Amiga's today. The defining feature is that in addition to being a Youtube series, I format the videos to play back on 68K hardware! (Well... modestly upgraded 68K Hardware)

I have been an Amiga user since 1987 and I feel it is time to give back to our community. Please take a look at my site, as it links to the Youtube video and the downloads for your Amiga. The members of EAB have been instrumental in helping me get everything up and running with video conversions and software selections. Thanks!

Dynamic Computing
Old 26 August 2018, 06:01   #2
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Episode 2 of 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast is now up on youtube. In this episode I am covering the download and installation of the software for playing back the videos on your Amiga.
Please check it out and let me know what you think. Amiga formatted videos will be up and running on Sunday.

[ Show youtube player ]
www.10marc.com
Old 28 August 2018, 08:18   #3
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

New HAM6 and HAM8 videos - from 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast

Hey, everyone,

I have my page up and I am hosting some fun videos in HAM6 (.h6v) and HAM8 (.h8v) format. These are really a series of HAM images and audio that plays back on even slower machines. I have formatted them so they should work OK on the IDE interface on your A600 and A1200's.

The videos are hosted on my website at here.

The utility to create these videos is available from links on my website www.10marc.com - You need a Windows or Linux machine to create them. There is a great thread on here I will link to that goes over the steps to create the videos, but I will be doing a simplified walkthrough on my website soon.

At the moment because of the file size, I am having to host the images on my Google Drive - no problems unless you want to download them from iBrowse, which seems to choke on the links. Just download them on your modern web browser and then copy them to your Amiga. I have the details on how to do it on my website, and on my latest [ Show youtube player ]

Please take a look and enjoy the fun things our Amiga's can do! Leave a comment here about what videos you want converted and I will host them. Stick with trailers and freely shareable things, of course. And keep them under 10 minutes or so for file size reasons.

Thanks so much! And check out my videos on Youtube! The series is just starting, so I appreciate all the support you guys can give!
Old 02 September 2018, 05:21   #4
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Episode three is up now. In this one I introduce you to my Amiga hardware and accessories.
There is even a quite rare item in my inventory that I show you at the end! Check out the video, and be sure to subscribe!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 09 September 2018, 06:39   #5
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

I have released a new video - This week it is a review. Please Enjoy (And tell your friends!)

This episode is broken into two parts - 10 minutes was just not enough to cover the review of the Individual Computers Rapid Road USB Adapter. I cover the pros and cons of this wonderful unit and try to clear up some misconceptions about it. Please take a look at both Part one and Part two of this video.

Don't forget all my previous videos are available on http://www.10marc.com , and those videos can be downloaded and viewed right on your Amiga.

10MARC Episode 4 - Part One - [ Show youtube player ]

10MARC Episode 4 - Part Two - [ Show youtube player ]

Next week I think I am going to cover the new "Worthy" game - I am having a blast playing that!

Dynamic_Computing

Last edited by Dynamic_Computi; 09 September 2018 at 08:50.
Old 13 September 2018, 21:04   #6
thairacerjp

Hi marc, thanks you for yours videos, tutorial, your introduction and setup, it's cool to view all on my CD32 with tf328 extension, I made some ham6/ham8 conversions to and for my poor 68EC020, ham 6 is more efficient ! but if I reduce to 288X160 it's reasonably fluid with ham8. I have installed riva player and libs but it's a nice slide show ah ah! , but it's installed, may be one day CD32 will have accelerator......;
i have tried the cdxl but it's more long process to do ! and my result was awful !
Worthy is the GAME of the moment, it smell the feelings of the 90'S .
your new format video is better, save place on CF card
Old 14 September 2018, 18:47   #7
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate the feedback! The MPEG videos really do need a fair amount of RAM, CPU and a fast drive. The CD32 had an MPEG1 Decoder available for it, but those are so rare!
HAM6 does seem to work good with slower Amiga's. I have some really easy methods of converting the files to an Amiga useable format if you are interested in learning about them.
Old 15 September 2018, 21:30   #8
thairacerjp

hi Marc, no need FMV module, it's extremely rare, expensive and fragile... and I have my TF328 inside and thanks to workbench and CF, I can read Ham vidéos, although it's HUGE ! , just for the joy of testing ! . I have made many test with the damage-x method (total video converter, vdub, cool edit pro, it's not bad but there is still some glitches and aliasing problems), the only video I saw that impress me is the video called "guilty" (it's the video playing after empire strike back trailer (AT 2'39'') in my video Below this text ) ------>>
SOMES OF MY PAST TEST WITH HAM 6/8
[ Show youtube player ]

i have made just one test (cause the tutorial is about 2 pages ! ) for CDXL but really upset of my result.
https://amigaanimecd.wordpress.com/tutorial/

I'm open for more method ! keep the good work
ps : and thanks to you, I discovered than "hamnew" command can make quit ham 6 video with mouse click , than "hamp.run" command cannot !

Last edited by thairacerjp; 15 September 2018 at 21:39.
Old 16 September 2018, 18:17   #9
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
hi Marc, no need FMV module, it's extremely rare, expensive and fragile... and I have my TF328 inside and thanks to workbench and CF, I can read Ham vidéos, although it's HUGE ! , just for the joy of testing ! . I have made many test with the damage-x method (total video converter, vdub, cool edit pro, it's not bad but there is still some glitches and aliasing problems), the only video I saw that impress me is the video called "guilty" (it's the video playing after empire strike back trailer (AT 2'39'') in my video Below this text ) ------>>
SOMES OF MY PAST TEST WITH HAM 6/8
[ Show youtube player ]

i have made just one test (cause the tutorial is about 2 pages ! ) for CDXL but really upset of my result.
https://amigaanimecd.wordpress.com/tutorial/

I'm open for more method ! keep the good work
ps : and thanks to you, I discovered than "hamnew" command can make quit ham 6 video with mouse click , than "hamp.run" command cannot !

The FFMPEG method I use is so much faster than the vdub, cool edit pro method. It is literally one single command line to extract the AVI file and WAV file, and the entire thing takes about two minutes for a 10 minutes video. You do need the FFMPEG program, and it is command line based for Windows or Linux (It also works for 68K Amigas but you need a ton of RAM and it is SLOW! A ten minute file conversion takes about 6 hours instead of two minutes)

Here is the syntax for the command.

ffmpeg -i V:\originalvideo.mp4 -map 0:a -ar 11025 -sample_fmt u8 -ac 1 -acodec pcm_u8 V:\OriginalVideo.wav -map 0:v -r 15 -s 320x216 -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb555le -vf "vflip" V:\OriginalVideo.avi

In a nutshell, FFMPEG extracts 8 bit, mono at 11025 Hz and saves it as a .WAV file. Then it extracts a 15 FPS 320x216 resolution AVI file a 15 Bits per Pixel, and flips it upside-down. It saves this as the .AVI file. Don't worry about the fact it is flipped - for some reason it needs to be and rights itself when you run AVI4HV.

These file sizes are smaller, and the entire process is so fast. FFMPEG can be downloaded free from www.ffmpeg.org

This is such a powerful program. It also can convert an MP4 to an MPEG1 file in moments.

Yes. HAMPNEW.RUN is a much improved version. If only we had a slider to fast forward the videos during playback!
Old 16 September 2018, 18:28   #10
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

10 Minute Amiga Retrocast Episode 5 is up now! In the episode, titles "The 15 Khz Conundrum", I cover some of the current options for connecting our beloved Amiga's to real 15Khz monitors available today.
I also have the wrong website listed in the video. It is supposed to be http://15khz.wikidot.com

Check out the Youtube video at [ Show youtube player ]

I will have the MPEG1 version and HAM6 Version on www.10marc.com soon. I corrected the website error in those versions.

Thanks!
Dynamic Computing
Old 16 September 2018, 20:04   #11
thairacerjp

Great ! thanks so much, I will apply all this tomorrow , FFMPEG is a great decoding software, used by many programs (VLC), you show me the way so it will be peanuts .
yes, if the hamp player could have gui interface, it will be extra !
video tutorial are great idea, the best way to explain.
Old 23 September 2018, 20:11   #12
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast Episode 6 is up

Hey all! Episode 6 of 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast is up now on YouTube. This week I am reviewing / demonstrating the Digital Creations DCTV Slow Scan digitizer. Wow... What a piece of great hardware that was! full color images (and video if you want) on an ECS Amiga in early 1990's!
Take a look - It is a bit long for a "10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast", but there was a lot to cover. I actually edited out about 15 or 20 minutes of footage!

Maybe I should have called it "25 Minute Amiga Retro Cast"... To late now...

Anyway, Please enjoy and share with your friends!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 24 September 2018, 22:51   #13
thairacer-jp

Hello , just for said that i finaly made a test with FFMPEG and it's nice, save time and brain ! anyway, did you have made some tests with cdxl format ? , when i see the quality of the video ham/cdxl in "road avenger" i'm jalous, earok keep the secret ^^ , he used adpro in Amiga, i must try it.

Old 26 September 2018, 03:24   #14
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

I have not found any tools for making CDXL - but I would love to! I will take another look around and see if anyone has the tools available.
Old 05 October 2018, 15:14   #15
thairacerjp

hi Marc , today I was looked a nice vidéo of such nice youtuber Mister "Amiten" , famous in Amiga community, it was about conversion HAM6, very well explained as usual by him, he made a great user friendly script with transwrite , it's such a nice thing to launch video as simply lauching a game ! big UP to HIM
it explain this at 1h10 mn of the vidéo, I have tested and approved

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 06 October 2018, 00:17   #16
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yep. Very nice video of him with so such nice and easy steps

BTW you should subscribe to his Youtube channels.
Old 08 October 2018, 03:33   #17
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

New Episode all about the A2200 board

I just put up a new episode today - all about my A2200 motherboard. This is a truly rare gem. I have really only heard of about 3 or 4 of them out in the wild, although their may be more. Check out my video, and make sure you subscribe! I want to get to 100 subs soon so I can actually give my channel a real name...

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 09 October 2018, 00:04   #18
Marchie

This podcast is cracking good stuff, keep it up!
Old 15 October 2018, 05:35   #19
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchie View Post
This podcast is cracking good stuff, keep it up!
You are making me blush!

Thanks for your kind words. I enjoy doing them and sharing with our community.
Old 15 October 2018, 05:36   #20
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Episode 8 of "10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast" is up now on YouTube - This week I am covering Amiga OS 3.1.4 and some of the interesting stumbling blocks I had with it, and how they were overcome. I also delve into "Best Workbench 1.0", which is a supplement to Amiga OS 3.1.4 that adds some great features! Check it out!
[ Show youtube player ]