English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR contributions

Old 29 April 2008, 23:57   #1
Cthulhu

Finnish magazines

Hello fellow amigists.

I've come across your AMR project and liking it so far, I'd like to contribute to it. But since the magazines here are somewhat different than on the British Isles, there are some questions.

But first, a quick introduction to the finnish magazines: There were basically just three different computer magazines that covered the Amiga:
  • MikroBitti - the first dedicated general computer mag in Finland, still alive
  • C-lehti - a spin-off from MikroBitti, the only magazine that was solely dedicated to the Commodore-brand. This ran from 1987 till 1991 on a bi-monthly basis
  • Pelit - "the largest games magazine in Scandinavia" is another spin-off, this games-only magazine (hence the name "pelit") started in 1992 and is still around
None of the magazines carried cover disks or CD-ROMs, so you can forget about that.

Now C-lehti is the most interesting of the three mentioned. Unfortunately, I have none in my collection (although I distinctively remember reading them). I do however know some people who have all the issues, but I'll have to show them it's worth the trouble.

In the meantime, I have some issues of Mikrobitti and Pelit. But since both of them are multiplatform magazines, some will have Amiga and PC-games in the same page. In some cases they review both the Amiga and PC-version side by side. This is more apparent with Pelit-magazine. So if I go scanning pages, don't be surprised if you get some "unnecessary" information. Hopefully you can stomach this.

How does that sound? Should I go ahead?

Last edited by Cthulhu; 04 May 2008 at 21:27. Reason: Toning it down

Old 04 May 2008, 03:04   #2
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

Sure, go ahead. AMR supports if a game is reviewed on multiple platforms. And it's really not "unnecessary" information :P
Old 04 May 2008, 21:52   #3
Cthulhu

OK then, I'll just start with Pelit, since I've got some issues from the very beginning. We can then figure out possible problems then.