English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 25 September 2020, 23:52   #61
wiz12

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
@wiz12
That is mostly weird. Was it happenning with the previous 2.0b6 version as well? Would you like to send me the gameslist and gameslist.csv file?

Yes this also occured with beta6 though I never had this issue with any version before that.

I've uploaded those files to the zone if you want to take a look at them.
Old 26 September 2020, 14:29   #62
walkero

@wiz12
Tried to find them but I couldn't. Can you tell me where exactly they are?
Old 26 September 2020, 15:03   #63
wiz12

Quote:
@wiz12
Tried to find them but I couldn't. Can you tell me where exactly they are?

If you look in the top right corner of the forum there's a link "The Zone!", it should be posted there.
Old 27 September 2020, 02:28   #64
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Thanks for the update but for some reason I get "zeros" at the beginning of the games list even after "scanning repositories". Selecting the properties on one of these zeros causes a suspend reboot error message.
Happened here too, when I scanned a repository with lots of generic WHDLoad installs. Maybe having too many installs with the same slave name is causing this?
Old 27 September 2020, 21:20   #65
walkero

@wiz12
Found them, thanks. It seems that the old gameslist has around 3551 and the new one has 3559. Quite big collection.

I will try to reproduce the issue you have and find a solution.
Can you please tell me if you set the game scan to be done on folder name or slave name? This is set at the settings of iGame.

@James
I checked wiz12's gameslist and I see that the games that have the save slave name have the "Alt" suffix added to them. I am not sure this is the reason, but we will surely find a solution.
Old 27 September 2020, 21:51   #66
wiz12

It's actually even bigger as my current gameslist is now showing 3595 titles and the number of zeros also seem to be increasing, every time I load up iGame more seem to appear. I now have to scroll down a bit to get to the first valid game entry.

I believe the scanning is based on slave name rather than folder name.
Old 28 September 2020, 11:16   #67
walkero

@wiz12
I have a few questions, if you don't mind, so to try figure out where the problem is.

1. Is it possible to send me the settings file as well? You can paste it here if you want.
2. Your collection available somewhere? I mean, did you create it yourself or downloaded it from somewhere?
3. Can you inform me about you machine specs (AmigaOS version, CPU, Ram etc.)? Also, what filesystem do you use on the hard disk where you have the games and iGame? I am thinking to create an emulated system similar to yours and see if I can reproduce the issue.
4. Do these zero entries appear after you scan the repositories or after you save the list and restart iGame?

I tried yesterday to reproduce the issue, but I couldn't. I did the following:
- Started latest iGame with your old playlist, which I saved again on CSV. Then loaded the new one and everything worked fine. Checked the files as well, no zeros there.
- I tested the latest version of iGame on my Amiga 1200 again, scanning my collection with around 2900 games, with both slave and folder scanning, and it worked fine.

Thank you for your help.
Old 28 September 2020, 14:56   #68
wiz12

1. I have uploaded (to the zone) my entire iGame folder containing all settings and gameslist files, it's likely there's been some changes since the last time you looked at them, hopefully any differences may help shed some light on the issue.

2. I'm using Retroplays collection which I keep updated, you can view it at https://mega.nz/#F!gdozjZxL!uI5SheetsAd-NYKMeRjf2A

3. I have attached my WinUAE config to the iGame.zip uploaded to the zone, it's 030 AGA, KS ROM v3.1 (A1200) rev 40.68, 2mb chip + 8mb fast. My system image is built from HstWB which uses PFS3AIO filesystem. I usually update the image first and then transfer it over to my real Amiga. It was all working perfect until the beta 6 release though I did have to replace both render.library and guigfx.library to get the new version working.

Last edited by wiz12; 04 June 2021 at 17:07.
Old 28 September 2020, 22:19   #69
walkero

Thank you so much for all this info. I am working to find where the problem is. It might be on the save of the gameslist, as well as on the games scan.

Will keep you informed.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 28 September 2020, 22:35   #70
Radertified

Quote:
Thank you so much for all this info. I am working to find where the problem is. It might be on the save of the gameslist, as well as on the games scan.
As requested earlier, being able to completely disable saving to the gameslist would be a great feature to have and might solve this
Old 28 September 2020, 23:40   #71
wiz12

Quote:

Will keep you informed.

Thanks again for your help.

No problem, hopefully you can get to the bottom of this.
Old 29 September 2020, 15:37   #72
Amiga1992

Is it at all possible to make iGame not rely on MUI? It's the main reason why I haven't ever installed it.
Old 01 October 2020, 17:48   #73
walkero

@akira
And what should use for a GUI that could be ported to other systems like AmigaOS 4 and MorphOS as well?
Old 01 October 2020, 19:27   #74
Amiga1992

Quote:
@akira
And what should use for a GUI that could be ported to other systems like AmigaOS 4 and MorphOS as well?
First of all I'll say that I don't care if this runs on AOS4 or MorphOS.

But I was under the impression that any software using standard Intuition libraries would run on both. Again, not sure because I don't care nor have ever used either.
Old 01 October 2020, 22:48   #75
wiz12

I think I may have solved the problem of the recurring zeros. Gameslist.csv contained many random copies of "0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0". These were mostly at the end of the file but there were also a few in between game entries. Simply deleting all these lines removed the zeros.

After scanning repositories no more zeros appeared so the problem is solved I think. How they got there to begin with I just don't know.
Old 02 October 2020, 00:19   #76
walkero

@wiz12
If they appear at any time, please remember what you did and come back to me. I would like to fix that issue. I will add some zeros on purpose and see what is going on with that.
Old 02 October 2020, 01:20   #77
wiz12

Quote:
@wiz12
If they appear at any time, please remember what you did and come back to me. I would like to fix that issue. I will add some zeros on purpose and see what is going on with that.

Hopefully that's the last I've seen of them but if they do show up again I'll let you know. Would the pre-beta 6 gameslist file be in any ways different to the current gameslist to cause this I wonder?

Either way those "0;" should be present in the file I uploaded if you want to take a closer look?
Old 04 October 2020, 10:49   #78
jeff b00toNic

The appearing zero problem is reproducible by selecting properties on any entry and change the title.
After klicking OK and restart iGame I get the described zero entries.
Old 05 October 2020, 23:51   #79
wiz12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b00toNic View Post
The appearing zero problem is reproducible by selecting properties on any entry and change the title.

Yes, this happens for me too.
Old 07 October 2020, 16:16   #80
walkero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b00toNic View Post

Thank you for this comment. I have the following issue at iGame github to track and fix this problem.
https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues/119

Will keep you informed as soon as I have something for this.