English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 September 2013, 00:37   #1
Photon

Disable "Format this disk?" prompt in Win 7

I use WinUAE to backup my FFS-formatted CF card, as I'm sure many others do also.

This prompt popping up means I'm just an Enter press from formatting the card instead of backing up files from it.

I've found some kludge answers on how to skip it, but I'd rather not it popped up every time instead.

If there's another step after a potentially lethal Enter press, then it's less of a problem.

If I can turn off automatic popups when I insert a disk or drive, I'd be happy to use that.

Edit:

As usual I answer myself when typing out the question

Disable Auto Play in Windows 7

Click the Start and Input "gpedit.msc" in search box, then click the result to open the gpedit.
Expand Administrative Templates >Windows Components > Autoplay Policies in order.Then double click "Turn off Autoplay"
Click Enabled, and then select All drives so that you can disable Autorun on all drives.Click Ok at last.
After restarting your computer, you have done all the needed work to disable Auto Play in Windows 7.
Old 06 September 2013, 00:57   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
If there's another step after a potentially lethal Enter press, then it's less of a problem.
But surely there must be another step after this to ask which filesystem to use?
Old 06 September 2013, 15:45   #3
diablothe2nd

Thanks Photon, this has always bugged me as I now do the same, in that i backup my 4gb SCSI drive to 4GB CF card, then use that to create a backup image in winuae for my dropbox
Old 07 September 2013, 03:10   #4
Photon

Actually I thought disabling Autorun would remove the prompt, but it didn't. So the problem remains.