I thought they foobar'd the faces ?
Or has that been patched ?
Old 06 September 2020, 20:57   #4362
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby_UK View Post
Or has that been patched ?
I believe it was made slightly less terrible. I'd play the original version just for the hilarity of it.
Old 07 September 2020, 15:29   #4363
nobody

Pillars of eternity
Diablo GOG (that mouse click gets old quickly)
Torchlight II
Dragon Quest III SNES
Old 07 September 2020, 20:09   #4364
Foebane
Banned

I've recently had a revisit of all of my Steam PC first-person shooter games, most of them being famous names and most from before the 21st century:

Doom
Quake
Half-Life
Unreal
Bioshock
Portal

You name it, I've got it. Or not for much longer, as I completed most of those games or lost interest in them many years ago and I have marked my Steam account for deletion (takes a month). Only a few of the games being there I would consider continuing to play, but I don't want the baggage of the many games that are no longer there, but could return if I choose to. The thing is, if I want a game deleted from my account, I want it GONE. Steam no longer does that. So the best thing I can think of doing is to get rid of a whole host of unused games and start again, if I wish.

The account is gone by this time on the 10th September.
Old 07 September 2020, 20:11   #4365
Nobby_UK

Odysseus Kosmos and his Robot Quest (Complete Season)

Done Episode 0 + 1 =
Some 'Really ?!?!' moments
Old 07 September 2020, 20:40   #4366
rabidgerry

Doom
Micropose Formula 1
Switchblade
Fernandez must die
Pit Fighter
Old 08 September 2020, 05:37   #4367
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
I've recently had a revisit of all of my Steam PC first-person shooter games, most of them being famous names and most from before the 21st century:

Doom
Quake
Half-Life
Unreal
Bioshock
Portal

You name it, I've got it. Or not for much longer, as I completed most of those games or lost interest in them many years ago and I have marked my Steam account for deletion (takes a month). Only a few of the games being there I would consider continuing to play, but I don't want the baggage of the many games that are no longer there, but could return if I choose to. The thing is, if I want a game deleted from my account, I want it GONE. Steam no longer does that. So the best thing I can think of doing is to get rid of a whole host of unused games and start again, if I wish.

The account is gone by this time on the 10th September.
I don't see logic in this... you might need
Old 08 September 2020, 09:44   #4368
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Yeah, just create a TRASH category and put all the games you don't want to play anymore in there. Out of sight, out of mind.
Old 08 September 2020, 15:17   #4369
Anubis
Retro Gamer

There are multiple ways to do this, from gimbal's suggestion to hiding games you don't intend to play and don't want to see in your game list.

In short, you choose worst option in overall. Sometimes some old games would get updates / new contest / and/or special edition which is in some cases free if you own the original (Skyrim was that way), and you might have to purchase them again, in order to play / try.

Again, choice is your, no matter how wrong is...
Old 08 September 2020, 16:44   #4370
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Yeah, just create a TRASH category and put all the games you don't want to play anymore in there. Out of sight, out of mind.
That would be all of them, then. I've tried that sort of crap. I just feel that deleting the account and saying goodbye to old games I've completed is the best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
In short, you choose worst option in overall. Sometimes some old games would get updates / new contest / and/or special edition which is in some cases free if you own the original (Skyrim was that way), and you might have to purchase them again, in order to play / try.
I sincerely doubt it. Besides, I am moving away from PC gaming altogether and am going for something more retro. I might even try MAME for a while, at least it doesn't need a beefy graphics card. Neither does WinUAE.

EDIT: The thing is, we have definitely finite time in this world, and the last thing we need to do is spend any more time on something than we need to. I've had my time on these games, I just feel I'm wasting my time continuing them when I've already played them to death. The exception I mentioned is Quake 3 Arena, with thousands of maps I can try to spice things up, but the bots are always the same. And I don't like to try bots that are better than me. Besides, I'm getting on and am fed up of first-person shooters, even if they look pretty like Q3A does.

Last edited by Foebane; 08 September 2020 at 17:06.
Old 08 September 2020, 20:35   #4371
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
That would be all of them, then. I've tried that sort of crap. I just feel that deleting the account and saying goodbye to old games I've completed is the best bet.

I sincerely doubt it. Besides, I am moving away from PC gaming altogether and am going for something more retro. I might even try MAME for a while, at least it doesn't need a beefy graphics card. Neither does WinUAE.

EDIT: The thing is, we have definitely finite time in this world, and the last thing we need to do is spend any more time on something than we need to. I've had my time on these games, I just feel I'm wasting my time continuing them when I've already played them to death. The exception I mentioned is Quake 3 Arena, with thousands of maps I can try to spice things up, but the bots are always the same. And I don't like to try bots that are better than me. Besides, I'm getting on and am fed up of first-person shooters, even if they look pretty like Q3A does.

You know the best if you ever gonna change your mind in future or not. I see even digital library as collection (thank you jmmijo ) and me being hoarder does not help much... thus 2,698 games according to Steam in 5 years since I started an account.

OK, I did have some help, but also it could get much worse if I wanted to get all indie games you can get in couple of bundles available weekly.

I know that sometimes I would even read something in one of old magazines, and go and try or check something. But again, I am very weird...

You can just hide them, and if you ever change your mind, they are still there, otherwise they will not bother you again.

Speaking of emulation, I just saw ETA Prime got RetroArch on steam?! How come I did not get a key?!

Playing ME Andromeda most of weekend.... how great game... and as always going a step further... with romances.

Last edited by Anubis; 08 September 2020 at 20:41.
Old 08 September 2020, 21:53   #4372
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
You know the best if you ever gonna change your mind in future or not. I see even digital library as collection (thank you jmmijo ) and me being hoarder does not help much... thus 2,698 games according to Steam in 5 years since I started an account.

OK, I did have some help, but also it could get much worse if I wanted to get all indie games you can get in couple of bundles available weekly.
Well, my Steam account has existed since I bought Half-Life 2 back when it launched, in 2004 (what a disappointment that game was) and must've bought less than 50 games over the 16 years since. Your example is a LOT, BTW.

Part of the reason I want to delete the account is to clear out the baggage, which I know I have. I mean, I've permanently (!) deleted many games I never really liked, and I have totally lost track of them. Not to mention all of the "achievements" crap and all of that other clutter.

Quote:
You can just hide them, and if you ever change your mind, they are still there, otherwise they will not bother you again.
In my mind I know they are still there, so they still bother me, even if they are hidden.
Old 08 September 2020, 22:33   #4373
seuden
uber cool demi god

Been playing Tiger Woods Pga Tour 12 : The Masters on my newly reaquired Wii. Quite a lot of fun.
Old 10 September 2020, 15:07   #4374
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I was playing some Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded, the remake of the remake.

It's "alright". Animation is decent, music is good, voice acting is good, the narrator is good (and the source of most of the humor in the game). The original game is in there but a few puzzles were changed slightly and a little extra content was added to pad it out a little more. Gambling has been made a lot easier because you can place a bet far higher than you will ever need in the game, so no need to grind your way back to a maxed out wallet 20 bucks at a time.

These games just don't work for me as a point & click really, you lose most of the challenge when you no longer have to figure out what commands to type. So basically the game has all the problems of the VGA remakes that Sierra did back in the day; it's too easy and very short. The content just wasn't made for this style of play.
Old 10 September 2020, 15:17   #4375
Anubis
Retro Gamer

I never completed any of Sierra adventures, even I played/tried most of them back in the day. For some strange reason, I just could not keep my interesting in game long enough to finish them. (might be some sort of ADHD issue here )

But completed Lords of the Realm multiple times on Amiga and PC, as well follow up games and Lords of the Magic. I guess I am more into strategy them adventures.
Old 10 September 2020, 15:43   #4376
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Even fans of the genre don't necessarily have to like Sierra titles. I rolled into them as a kid because I saw others play them, so I got to see some of the cooler bits like having to book a criminal in jail in Police Quest or to prepare ingredients for magic spells in Kings Quest 3 (and hide them from an evil wizard); you didn't do such things in any other game back then. It was a whole event to have friends over and try to decipher what to do when with what little English we knew at the time.
Old 10 September 2020, 16:19   #4377
Anubis
Retro Gamer

That was another issues, I had more games in German than English back in the day, and I am not good in either, still to this day. (at least I am consistent )
Old 10 September 2020, 21:50   #4378
Nobby_UK

New Vegas:
Killed the Cannibals and Liberated the Son.
Spoke to Yes Man who gave me the option to protect the Prez = Nah...
Then had me install a booster in a Hostile (Why ?) Substation
Now it is Battle of the Dam time --- Why do I have to be there ?

I disliked the 'lead by the nose' factions to Ending.
Oh well, at least I got 122 hours out of it...

Last edited by Nobby_UK; 12 September 2020 at 04:07.
Old 11 September 2020, 17:56   #4379
Foebane
Banned

The date for the deletion of my Steam account came and went, and it's still there!

EDIT: Just got the notification that it's been deleted, it was just a day late. Cool!

Last edited by Foebane; 11 September 2020 at 19:35.
Old 15 September 2020, 04:37   #4380
Nobby_UK

Stuck on Odysseus Kosmos Episode 3
IE I am not fast enough to get keycard with magnet ?!?!
I pulled the cable --- so I can't be any faster --- Grrrr !

Last edited by Nobby_UK; 15 September 2020 at 06:23.