English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 October 2013, 21:23   #2381
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Ah, so like the floppies, your "stuck with" what ever you got to start with.
Not exactly - you can save an output screenmode in Indivision AGA MK2 "per input screenmode". Non-OS-friendly games are most likely to use PAL non-lace or NTSC non-lace, which are both modes that you normally wouldn't use on the workbench.

As a result, you can use your self-made output mode (which will be specific to your monitor) for these typical gaming modes, and you can use a higher output resolution for typical WB-modes like S-Hires interlaced.

The flickerfixer will automatically choose the mode you've saved, without the need for loading the config tool in between. These settings are saved in the flickerfixer's flashrom, so they survive a reset and stay valid if you launch a floppy-based game.

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying that.
You're welcome ;-)

Jens
Old 10 October 2013, 13:51   #2382
NovaCoder

Yep I'm also starting to love my Mrk 2, it's taken a long time but now we're very happy together (probably get married soon).

Last edited by prowler; 09 November 2013 at 01:07. Reason: Split post.
Old 10 October 2013, 16:19   #2383
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Yep I'm also starting to love my Mrk 2, it's taken a long time but now we're very happy together (probably get married soon).

I'm sure that if Jens finally releases the Graffiti support, you will
Old 14 October 2013, 14:13   #2384
Schoenfeld
electricky.

I've just added the A4000D/CD32 version of Indivision AGA MK2cr to the shop: If you pre-order and pay until november 1st, you'll have free shipping and 10% discount.

Note that the A4000D/CD32 version can ONLY be used in these two models. This is a special board shape, only made in small quantities. It was always selling slow, and I therefore only make a small quantity. The shop system closes automatically if the quantity is sold out.

Jens
Old 21 October 2013, 10:48   #2385
supaduper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
I've just added the A4000D/CD32 version of Indivision AGA MK2cr to the shop: If you pre-order and pay until november 1st, you'll have free shipping and 10% discount.

Note that the A4000D/CD32 version can ONLY be used in these two models. This is a special board shape, only made in small quantities. It was always selling slow, and I therefore only make a small quantity. The shop system closes automatically if the quantity is sold out.

Jens
Damn missed them again
Can you tell me when you will be selling the next batch Jens?
Opps just read your pre-order Jens,
unfortunately I do not like using Bank transfer for payment,do you have any other alternative?

Last edited by supaduper; 21 October 2013 at 10:57.
Old 23 October 2013, 01:34   #2386
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Do I have to include an Amiga workbench tutorial with all products?
Yes please? Preferably, a step by step, explaining everything in terms even the dumbest user can understand. (Yupp, thats me.) Preferably you should make a printable version, as well as multiple video formats, at least one downloadable, and playable on "most" smartphones. (If you mess up, and the format doesn't work on some phone we will bitch and moan about it to.)

And the sad thing is that i'm only half kidding. Managed to finaly get around to... Uh. Well, thats the thing. Do something, i guess. Hey, on the upside. I got PERFECT image on the TV. The boot logo has never been so pretty. A little jagged on the diagonals, but damn, the colors are wonderful, and it fills 99% of the screen. But no matter what i do, i cant figure out how to get image when it loads the workbench. I can tell from the PC monitor that it changes screen mode, to what ever is default with "Classic Workbench ADVSP" , i'm guessing 640x512 something. But thats based on "Multisync / Interlaced 640x512 display" from the target system text. I wouldn't even know how to check, much less change it.

Now... Can someone hold my hand, and offer some help here? I'd gladly take it to a different thread, or to PM's, as i do realize it doesn't really belong in this thread.
Old 23 October 2013, 02:30   #2387
kipper2k

Quote:
Yes please? Preferably, a step by step, explaining everything in terms even the dumbest user can understand. (Yupp, thats me.) Preferably you should make a printable version, as well as multiple video formats, at least one downloadable, and playable on "most" smartphones. (If you mess up, and the format doesn't work on some phone we will bitch and moan about it to.)

And the sad thing is that i'm only half kidding. Managed to finaly get around to... Uh. Well, thats the thing. Do something, i guess. Hey, on the upside. I got PERFECT image on the TV. The boot logo has never been so pretty. A little jagged on the diagonals, but damn, the colors are wonderful, and it fills 99% of the screen. But no matter what i do, i cant figure out how to get image when it loads the workbench. I can tell from the PC monitor that it changes screen mode, to what ever is default with "Classic Workbench ADVSP" , i'm guessing 640x512 something. But thats based on "Multisync / Interlaced 640x512 display" from the target system text. I wouldn't even know how to check, much less change it.

Now... Can someone hold my hand, and offer some help here? I'd gladly take it to a different thread, or to PM's, as i do realize it doesn't really belong in this thread.
How about getting someone who knows the Amiga and has time on their hand to create tut/install/app for it with the offer of a board or 2 for their help, that will get the ball rolling so to speak. i for one don't have a lot of time to play with it and still don't have a decent screen
Old 31 October 2013, 12:12   #2388
Schoenfeld
electricky.

The pre-order period for the A4000D/CD32 version of Indivision AGA MK2cr ends today. Those of you who can't make a bank transfer and get the money into the company account in time (that is: tomorrow) will need to write me an eMail for a bitcoin funds transfer.

If you place an order in the icomp.de shop, just leave me a message in the checkout text field, so I can send you an invoice that shows the bitcoin equivalent of the order. Please note that this is not a regular service; I am still experimenting with bitcoin.

Jens
Old 09 November 2013, 01:29   #2389
prowler
Global Moderator

Off-Topic posts moved to the Indivision AGA Mk II Screenmode Drivers & Software thread.
Old 09 November 2013, 01:40   #2390
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks a lot. I think that's the best
Old 13 January 2014, 23:55   #2391
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi: Any progress with the Graffiti support? Can it be made?
Old 15 January 2014, 00:51   #2392
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Hi: Any progress with the Graffiti support? Can it be made?
I don't see it ever happening which is a shame, it would have been interesting to add it to some of my ports (and skip the C2P)

I'd love to be proven wrong of course.....
Old 19 January 2014, 22:57   #2393
golem

I've been putting it off for many months because I was scared by many stories on the web of problems but I updated my IndyMkII to the latest core and it was a breeze. I downloaded the install package from Individual's website, read the readme contained in the lha and it was very easy. I am using a CRT so it may make it easier but all I had to change to preserve my HighGfx wb was to reflash the core with all the ones supplied and switch to VGA only to get rid of the vertical stripes. The update has fixed problems where the screen would momentarily blank doing some operations and I can now disable the on screen display which is helpful. PAL is also now centred.
Old 29 January 2014, 05:05   #2394
JimDrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
Jens

Speaking of crazy amiga mac emu stories.. Back in the 90s (like 95) I had an a3000T with an Iomega zip drive. I called Iomega for some support for something or other and I told the phone tech I was using an Amiga. He suprisingly said that they were using Amigas with Emplant cards for emu to test their MAC drivers! I was floored! true story
I provided those boards to Iomega and they provided us drives. I helped debug some of their drivers too.
Old 01 February 2014, 11:11   #2395
keropi

So is this dead again? What happened to vsync and all the upcoming advanced features and bug fixes?

It seems to me that all we got a tool that is still beta just to shut us up and now the whole thing is in limbo once again.
Old 01 February 2014, 12:29   #2396
Schoenfeld
electricky.

The features you wish for were never advertised. They are only visible to the people who already have a flickerfixer and use the config tool.

If there is a bug, please let your reseller know about it. If he can't fix it, he'll forward the issue to me, and I will take care of it. At this point, there is no open support ticket or known bug. The config/flash tool works perfectly, there is no monitor that produces no picture or can't be set to pixel-exact reproduction of the Amiga picture.

Jens
Old 01 February 2014, 22:16   #2397
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

So it seems keropy the answer is yes it is.
Old 02 February 2014, 05:25   #2398
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Such a shame that the MK2 is not being worked on anymore, Jens in your opinion the product is finished, but to most owners they simply feel like it's still unfinished.

Sure it may do all the stuff that is advertised, but c'mon where is the love for the amiga community, who are hanging out for a couple of features to make the MK2 feel more complete.

We have invested a lot of money into your products, personally i own the Indi Mk2 and the Indi Ecs, that's a lot of cash u have made there as these aren't cheap to buy, so why not support your customers a bit better instead of being really unhelpful all the time.

I would of at least expected Vsync support with the MK2, the Indi Ecs has it so why not the MK2, i think a lot of people who bought the MK2 simply presumed it would support Vsync at some stage because the Ecs version did.

Is it really that hard to implement Vsync? And Jens can we have an actual reason for why it's not going to happen, instead of this almost robotic message every time someone asks you something-

"Product does what it says it does, if you have a problem open a support ticket"

This kind of reply just pisses people off to be honest, why not give some more detailed explanations as to why these extra features are never going to happen instead of just brushing everyone off.

So basically with the MK2 what were left with is a beautiful looking workbench, but horrible movement and tearing in games with the MK2, what a shame

It would appear Jens interest is in the ACA500 at the moment, maybe there is more cash to be made there....
Old 02 February 2014, 09:13   #2399
NovaCoder

I don't think it's a money thing, nobody makes much profit from selling Classic hardware (or NG hardware for that matter).

I am disappointed to hear it won't be developed any further. It obviously does the job as advertised but we all know it could be developed into something even better.

Old 02 February 2014, 10:18   #2400
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I am disappointed to hear it won't be developed any further.
Wo said that? The one thing I pointed out is that I have no obligation to put time into this. There's not even a need to read between the lines - just read whatever I posted in this thread: I want to have Graffiti support for myself, but currently have too much other stuff to do. I have bills to pay, and as already pointed out by others here, there's not much money to make on retro products.

Jens