English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 30 December 2002, 13:59   #1
Drake1009

DeleteSoon : How about?

How about making a sticky thread in here to notify about what specifications there are for contributing to HOL. I've got Devious designs and P.P. hammer among other things which I'd like to scan and contribute with, but I don't know what you want, what res, where (except abime.net ftp) and what procedures for it.

How about a quick thread outlining something like this such as the "how to find the ADF" thread.

And while I'm at it, bit off topic. A lot of my old C64 games seem to be the same box used for Amiga but with a sticker on it. If there's no contribution for that game and I have it but with a sticker, if I peeled off the sticker and scanned it would it be accepted as it would be without the "For Amiga" sticker.

Last edited by Drake1009; 30 December 2002 at 14:09.
Old 02 January 2003, 01:40   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

HOL FAQ coming soon!
Old 02 January 2003, 01:44   #3
Drake1009

Thanks.
Old 03 January 2003, 03:23   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: DeleteSoon : How about?

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake1009
How about making a sticky thread in here to notify about what specifications there are for contributing to HOL. I've got Devious designs and P.P. hammer among other things which I'd like to scan and contribute with, but I don't know what you want, what res, where (except abime.net ftp) and what procedures for it.

How about a quick thread outlining something like this such as the "how to find the ADF" thread.

And while I'm at it, bit off topic. A lot of my old C64 games seem to be the same box used for Amiga but with a sticker on it. If there's no contribution for that game and I have it but with a sticker, if I peeled off the sticker and scanned it would it be accepted as it would be without the "For Amiga" sticker.
Plus there's some info in other threads like Belgareth's thread about scanning. If you need any more info at all, PM me. But as Cody says, it will ultimately be in the HOL FAQ.

As for scanning C-64 boxes sans the sticker - good idea. I have a few I could do that with, but I already have the Amiga boxes for the games I have on C-64, so... If you do this, use the lighter fluid trick (lightly enough to not soak into the paper/cardboard, but enough to break down the gummy adhesive). Good luck!