English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 15 January 2008, 20:03   #21
Ian
Global Moderator

I guess now I almost forgive him for the piss poor cockney accent he used in Mary Parpins
Old 15 January 2008, 21:21   #22
paranoid
Phone Zen

That's some decked-out Amiga..

Curious that he says 'Amiga came out with...' not Commodore. A little slip or more like a nice, big old slap in Commodore's face?
Old 15 January 2008, 22:52   #23
Unch

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
I presume he means that 'Diagnosis Murder' thing. Yuk
I may have watched a bit (perhaps all ) of that during my student days, and there was a couple of Amiga appearances. One I remember well was a big-box system (I think an A2000) running WB 1.x that one of the characters was trying do get some information from while the owner was distracted outside.

I also remember reading somewhere that he also made some CGI effects for the show himself on his Toaster system. Whether or not that was the Amiga, or a PC system I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I guess now I almost forgive him for the piss poor cockney accent he used in Mary Parpins
At least it was a one-off thing. Jamie Oliver has been using his for years...

One a slightly off-topic note, does anyone remember how Amigas were plastered all over Neighbours during the early nineties? One of the teenage characters had an A500 while the office set had a couple of big-box machines. I remember there being story lines about it, something to do with a BBS springs to mind.
Old 16 January 2008, 09:20   #24
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unch View Post
One a slightly off-topic note, does anyone remember how Amigas were plastered all over Neighbours during the early nineties? One of the teenage characters had an A500 while the office set had a couple of big-box machines. I remember there being story lines about it, something to do with a BBS springs to mind.
A young Scott used his a500 to hack in to Erinsborough high and change his grades.

Hey... I was 14... I used to watch it...
Old 16 January 2008, 11:57   #25
NLS
Ancient User

Well seems he had a Toaster...

His skills and the Amiga are also mentioned in his Wiki and his skills are also mentioned in his IMDB.

Way to go Dick.

I'd say it is cool to be the great-grandson of Dick and be able to say to the other kids that your great-grandpa is the guy in Mary Poppins and he is also making nice cartoons with the computer.