Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

thanks TCD,
i hope he could connect soon.
Old 26 December 2013, 12:49   #22
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
If there are ADF's available, just like Putty Squad, that takes care of real Amigas as well.
Indeed, and thanks to you and the chaps at System 3, I believe anything is possible now.
Old 26 December 2013, 14:10   #23
BippyM
Global Moderator

I'm sorry but these guys are out to just make money. Not that that is wrong or anything like that but the way they are doing it is!

Why should they hold the community to ransom for this. Sorry but IMO this game is not worth that kind of money. Maybe $5 at a push!

Please note.. This is my opinion
Old 26 December 2013, 14:29   #24
Paul_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
I'm sorry but these guys are out to just make money. Not that that is wrong or anything like that but the way they are doing it is!

Why should they hold the community to ransom for this. Sorry but IMO this game is not worth that kind of money. Maybe $5 at a push!

Please note.. This is my opinion
agreed.

I played the demo not so long ago - it's a poor 'Arabian Nights' in my opinion - wasn't that impressed by it.
Old 26 December 2013, 14:30   #25
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just for those who missed the discussion over 5 years ago: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=39996

Seems like now that the mobile market is 'farmed' a 'deluxe' version for Amiga is way more viable... I'll ask Rabah about the reasons why he and the other people involved stayed completely silent after the initial promises for that long. Can't wait to hear his answer.
Old 26 December 2013, 16:33   #26
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

myself, i don't think that if they release it is for making money...
I don't now how much amigans still left but i think not so much then they just ask money to make a box collector. They just made money already on mobile market, i don't think they will deliver an amiga version for money.
Now why they stay silent so long ??? Perhaps they had better things to do or finally they thought that the amiga market is too tiny ??? but now ,they opened the door and we have to use it. This is just my opinion.
Old 26 December 2013, 16:35   #27
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Just for those who missed the discussion over 5 years ago: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=39996

Seems like now that the mobile market is 'farmed' a 'deluxe' version for Amiga is way more viable... I'll ask Rabah about the reasons why he and the other people involved stayed completely silent after the initial promises for that long. Can't wait to hear his answer.
It was already 5 years ago, oh mate !!! i'm too old, the years goes too fast !!! 5 years.... incredible. I thought it was 3 years ago but never 5 !!!
Old 26 December 2013, 16:54   #28
BippyM
Global Moderator

Why would they release a collectors edition for money when clearly most members will only want digital copy
Old 26 December 2013, 17:00   #29
desiv

Quote:
Why should they hold the community to ransom for this.
I'm not sure that's what "ransom" actually means..

It's theirs. They have the right to do what they want with it...
Is the store holding my Cookie Crisp for ransom because I have to pay for it? ;-)
Ok, how about a digital example; is Netflix holding those movies for ransom because I need to pay for a subscription to watch them? That's silly..

Would it be awesome if they released it for free? Of course,

But we're not "entitled" to get it from them for free...

desiv
Old 26 December 2013, 17:06   #30
BippyM
Global Moderator

I never said anything about it for free and it's not the same thing.

They promised an amiga release 5 years ago.. This never happened, instead they build people's hopes, and then move over to mobiles and the pay to play type of model along with in game advertising.. Something that is perfectly fine and above board.. Now they are trying to get interest to charge up to $30 yet we can get it on mobile for less..

Sorry I have no interest to pay that muchbfor this game.. You are right.. It's theirs and they can do as they please with it so good luck to them.
Old 26 December 2013, 17:11   #31
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Why would they release a collectors edition for money when clearly most members will only want digital copy
bippym, listen, i don't know and you don't nkow how much guys are ready to pay for it, one of the thread about babylonian twins reached 42.000 views how to know what these guys wants ? Many guys doen't write their opinion... they made a subscribe if not enough guys have interest they will surely change their mind.
PS: all these discussions will lead to nothing good, i'll just wait the babylonian twins coder to connect on eab and then everybody could ask anything he wants.
Old 26 December 2013, 17:14   #32
desiv

Quote:
I never said anything about it for free
Oh..
The use of the word "ransom" threw me off..
I kind of attach that to asking for payment...

Quote:
They promised an amiga release 5 years ago.
System 3 promised an Amiga release almost 20 years ago.. ;-)
Patience is a virtue.. ;-)
And they did release a demo, so it's not like they did nothing.
Moving over to a platform that can make them money? Hmmm.. Kind of makes sense to me..

Some people have no interest in paying that much. That's always the option for any game for sale..
Some don't mind..

There are some awesome homebrews (Vectrex ones come to mind) that I would LOVE to have, but they are asking more money than I'm willing to pay.
But I hold no bad thoughts in any way towards them.

Besides, it's not like, if they release the game for some people at a price of $30 or so, you won't be able to get it for free some (probably very short) time after that..
This is the Amiga we are talking about.. ;-)

Have a good one..

desiv
Old 26 December 2013, 17:37   #33
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

And the game is good for an amiga game, it's just a question of taste but i think that this game is really good.... If it was a shit i wouldn't be here to discuss about it. And myself i don't care about a mobile version i want my amiga gem.
Old 26 December 2013, 18:09   #34
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

like i said before if you want a 5$ digital release just send them an email that you have interest in the game but in a digital form and you'll see what happen or not.If they prefer to make a box version, i really be happy with that, it will be a collector and for them it's surely most greatfull to see there amiga games released in a box , ireally don't think that it's for money, there is no money to take with the amiga anymore, you can just try to don't loose money.
Old 29 December 2013, 05:04   #35
Bluntman

Why not get RGCD to publish the boxed versions? The little boxes used for the C64 cartridges fit floppy disks inside, and it could be the start of a line of professionally published, new Amiga games.

http://www.rgcd.co.uk/
Old 29 December 2013, 10:26   #36
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
I'm not sure that's what "ransom" actually means..

It's theirs. They have the right to do what they want with it...
Is the store holding my Cookie Crisp for ransom because I have to pay for it? ;-

Would it be awesome if they released it for free? Of course,

But we're not "entitled" to get it from them for free...

desiv
They said they'd deliver the Amiga-version. Nothing has been heard of them since. I doubt Rabah or anyone is coming back here to explain anything. Yes it's their game, BUT don't try to defend them. A promise is a promise. And one word comes to mind - greed...
Old 29 December 2013, 10:38   #37
sokolovic

I must say that I'm agreeing in every part to what desiv said.

If they want to make money or, most surely in my opinion, cover the expenses by asking 15/30$ they can do it, obviously, because it's THEIR game.

And I'll prefer to pay a little more for an old school boxed version better than a digital download.
Old 29 December 2013, 12:20   #38
Phantom
Adventurer

Opinions vary here, but I have to say that I'm in the middle of it. On the other hand, a digital-download would be nice, for people that are not collectors, but a fully boxed game with manual, floppies and maybe an extra 'feelie' (like Infocom did) would justify the price they are asking in my opinion, and I don't think that smartphones version is an excuse; I really don't care about smartphones, tablets etc.

I was wondering why they didn't start a Kickstarter campaign at the first place. Anyway, I did send my subscription and wait for the final result (if any).
Old 29 December 2013, 15:41   #39
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

They didn't delivered at that time. Now they want 30 eur/$???. Good luck with that, but as others have pointed out, seems greed.
Old 29 December 2013, 15:56   #40
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'm pretty sure a free Amiga version wouldn't have hurt the mobiles sales much or at all, but now offering a "Collector Edition" only when enough people show interest and that after the game is being sold for 4 years seems very 'odd' considering the story about EAB discovering the long lost game is still part of their front page story. Several people showed up here and boosted the threads with promises to basically just lure people to buy the full version on mobile platforms if they liked the demo. No response for 5 years afterwards doesn't make me feel like putting my money into their hands even if I planned to do it back then. They sure have every right to do what they like with their IP, but so do I with my money