English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL news

Old 11 May 2015, 20:29   #1
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Wall Street Wizard: 89'er Szenario & Editor

Hey EAB peeps!

Here's some more MIA Amiga obscurity, probably only for the completists among you. I bring you today the Wall Street Wizard scenario editor in German called Wall Street Wizard: 89'er Szenario & Editor.

http://hol.abime.net/6095 (new HOL entry)

I'm guessing it only works with the German release of Wall Street Wizard, but if any of you talented multilingual peeps out there want to give it a quick try with the English version (still in the Zone) and report back.....then please do!

The only other thing to mention is that DIC reported a bad checksum on track 1 (using two different floppy drives) when I was making the ADF image from my original release here, so I had to skip it. Doesn't seem to have affected the loading and functionality of the WSW scenario editor, though, from what I can tell. Will investigate the bad checksum further when I get some time, however, and re-upload if I manage to make an image with the original track 1 intact.

In the Zone. Enjoy!

Last edited by DrBong; 11 May 2015 at 21:26.
Old 24 May 2015, 05:14   #2
Joe Maroni

Send a message via MSN to Joe Maroni
I have this editor too. I have to try if the disk still run. Maybe my disk is still ok.
Old 25 May 2015, 02:20   #3
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

Hi Joe, hopefully your disk is still ok and can be contributed to SPS and ADF also produced for TOSEC.
Old 25 May 2015, 09:48   #4
Joe Maroni

Send a message via MSN to Joe Maroni
This is my package of the game. Manual must be scanned, but it is only in German....

adf of the disk can be found in the Zone. My Kryoflux system tells me there are no read errors or anything else...so image must be fine. Anyone of you adding it to TOSEC?

And I remember that I've already send the SPS team the Stream files of the disk months ago. But unfortunately it is a little bit quiet around SPS the last time.
Can't check if the Stream files are good enough....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0454.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	488.4 KB
ID:	44278  
Old 27 May 2015, 17:45   #5
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Good one Joe!

I was a bit surprised that my copy had an error as it looks to be brand new. Anyway, I've already scanned the editor's German manual.....but I've just been too lazy so far to do all the "fun" stuff (cropping etc.) to make a nice PDF for uploading to HOL.
Old 27 May 2015, 19:55   #6
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

Excellent work Joe.

@DrBong, a bit like my Wall Street Wizard. I haven't been able to recover the last few sectors on side 1 of the disk I have which is also brand new. As the disk has a physical defect encountered during manufacturing.

Using the Kryoflux I even tried re-reading each of the bad sectors 25 times with no success.

The inner section of the magnetic disk is actually warped and physically damaged. I'm surprised the disk has so many good sectors. Considering the amount of physical damage to the surface (full of long dents - like when you physically flex the surface). The disk cartidge has no sign of any physical damage. You can actually see around the 'hub' part of the magnetic disk it was not molded & lathed cleanly (possibly too much pressure was applied). This would explain the physical dents on the magnetic surface adjacent to it. If only I had a decent high resolution camera to show the level of damage to the surface.

After further inspection of the disk surface, there is also scratches and it appears the very inner part is missing magnetic material. I have not seen this sort of defect on any other disk before.

So your Wall Street Scenario Editor is bad but your Wall Street Wizard English is good. Looks like yours and Joe's will have to be used to complete it. Except we don't know if a Wall Street Scenario & Editor in English was ever released.

Last edited by niobyte; 27 May 2015 at 20:15.
Old 30 May 2015, 22:48   #7
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Niobyte
Well, that's the weird thing......I've always found multiple errors on one or both sides of a brand new game disk that has gone wrong, but my copy of the scenario editor has just the single checksum error on track 1. Slightly irritating!
Old 01 November 2020, 00:55   #8
irfcar

Would someone re-upload the Szenario add-on to the Zone, please?
Allegedly, items uploaded expire after 60 days
Old 01 November 2020, 13:12   #9
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Again, it's on Turran's FTP server....which is where copies of anything uploaded to the Zone will be archived. You can use the FTP server search engine to locate files that have expired from the Zone and much, much more!

https://is.gd/lG1SLx