English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 04 March 2007, 00:53   #1
frikilokooo

Ambermoon

I have enjoyed and completed this game and Thalion recently, I have waited for many times of load because I have played the version of floppies in English that has enough bugs, but I have not used patches for the game,I I have used the German version if it were necessary.If I had played the game installed in hard disk the patch had been necessary. Recently I have installed the game in hard disk and have changed a file that produce the bug, this file I have downloaded it in this page:

http://alexh.umcus.org/games/ambermo...s/credits.html

I think that this file is sufficient because although there are a few failures more no is important to continue playing.

I have had many difficulties to finish the game because it is not very clear that there is to do frequently. I have used a guide written in German of the German page of ambermoon, the map, the page of runes.I have spent more than 100 hours in completing it.It is a very long game, it exists a map of many islands with several cities and Dungeon, more ahead exist two moons that visits in a flying boat.

I like that the combats are not infinite and they are not too many. The combats have good graphics and is necessary to use tricks to win them.

The 3d engine is incredible for the Amiga, very smooth and detailed textures, very pretty graphics.

I think that unjustly valued this game, much people says that it has many defects,I do not understand it,I have not played another game of rol in the Amiga but this one is excellent.

When it finishes the game informs to you that a secret level exists that I am no founded.Anybody knows where is this level? , I remember a magician locked up in the jail at the beginning of the game that seems to be important but it is not for finishing the game to it....

Last edited by frikilokooo; 04 March 2007 at 01:14.
Old 04 March 2007, 02:00   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I loved this game so much... which is why I begged the Authors to release the un-published English version.

I am glad you liked it. It is much better played off hard disk though

The secret level the Thalion office which is located in Spannenberg

http://eager.back2roots.org/CHEAT/a/amberm.htm

I went to the Thalion office just before xmas for the Thalion reunion.

Last edited by alexh; 04 March 2007 at 02:07.
Old 04 March 2007, 10:35   #3
frikilokooo

I thank for you that you asked the unpublished English version the programmers because if you had not done it I had never played this game.

Really you prefer the version of floppies?,I have made very many changes of disc of this game, the WinUAE emulator could have 9 diskdrivers .The reason that I played the version of floppies is that I did not know to use hard disks with WinUAE when I began to play the game.I have had a problem with this game or WinUAE:I could not change two floppies at the same time because one diskdrive spoiled, I have gotten to use only one diskdrive by this bug.

Is this one the secret level of Ambermoon? this one seems a cheat, in any case it is very interesting, I will try it with my new version of ambermoon installed in HD.

I remember the Netsrak's object Staff, evidently I used never. There are many other objects that never I have used: Sansrie key, wishing coins, to book that your you find at the end of the game, I do not remember now more… Also are places that I have not done anything in them: the access door to sanri's insel never I opened it, Seufzerwuste insel , Ebene Von Thal insel, the well of Spanemberg, the magician in jail in healers of Spanemberg,
the city of Gemstone I not done anything there,the four faces of Illien I do not know so that they serve the wells that hide.
Old 04 March 2007, 11:20   #4
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikilokooo
Is this one the secret level of Ambermoon? this one seems a cheat
It is both. The staff opens a door to a level called the Thalion Office. It is an accurate 2D remake of the office in Guetersloh Germany. In the office is every item you can find in the game plus all the Thalion Team as game characters.[/quote]

Quote:
There are many other objects that never I have used: Sansrie key, wishing coins, to book that your you find at the end of the game
Sansrie key was supposed to open a tunnel door but it is a bug in both the German and English version that it doesnt work. I know where the bug is in the am2_cpu and am2_blit executables and I have a patch for it.

Quote:
Also are places that I have not done anything in them: the access door to sanri's insel never I opened it
You cannot. The key doesnt work on Sansrie's Island. But you can (and probably did) get to both sides of the door. It is just a short cut back.

Quote:
Seufzerwuste insel
I cannot remember this place. Was the name not translated into English?

Quote:
Ebene Von Thal insel
Again I cannot remember this place (English name?)

Quote:
the well of Spannenberg
Make a Wish? There are wishing wells all over Lyramion and throwing in coins may bring you luck

Quote:
the magician in jail in healers of Spannenberg
You can complete the game without doing this bit. But it makes it a LOT harder.

Once you have combined the two halfs of the Amberstar Amulet (one half being in a chest in the same room as the cell) you show it to the madman / Magician in the cell. The man seems to receive a shock when he gets the amulet and something seems to change about him. He collapses sobbing. Now you may unlock the cell and enter. Talk to the man again and learn he's Tar, known as "The Dark". I love these TWISTS, it turns out that this is the central bad guy character from prequal game Amberstar. He shows regret over his failure to resist Thornahuun and all the evil things resulting from that and asks to join your party. Tar is a level 35 mage and has knowledge of all destructive spells available.

Quote:
the city of Gemstone I not done anything there
You are supposed to learn what happened to the Dwarfs there, learn about Kire and the Donner Mine. There is a shop and lots of things to find there. Plus there are lots of characters and tie-ins with the first game Amberstar.

Quote:
the four faces of Illien I do not know so that they serve the wells that hide.
Not sure what you mean??
Old 04 March 2007, 12:05   #5
frikilokooo

You can see the two islands in the map,Seufzerwüste and Ebene Von Tal:

http://www.twinlake.de/images/ambermoon/karte_gross.jpg

More surely it is than these islands are not important…

I joined to my company the Valdin character, also character of the Lionheart game, but more ahead I changed it by Gryban that is more powerful. I had pleased myself to use the magician of the jail of Spanember in any case Nelvi is very powerful. I remember the final combat that was not nothing difficult thanks to the ice attacks of Nelvi.There are many characters in the game that I have not joined because they seemed quite weak.

Then it has what to throw wishingcoins to 4 wells of Illien?

Another different question on Lionheart: What is necessary to make to finish the game with the good end?

Then you prefer the disk version?
Old 04 March 2007, 14:27   #6
DamienD
Banned

Hello frikilokooo,

Welcome to EAB

Quote:
Another different question on Lionheart: What is necessary to make to finish the game with the good end?
Check out this thread Lionheart:the most wronged Amiga game ever and in particular post #68, post #69 and post #92 for more information
Old 04 March 2007, 15:02   #7
frikilokooo

Thank you DamienD
Old 04 March 2007, 18:14   #8
macce2
Retro maniac

Really great game.. only a bit difficult, at least in the beginning of game.
Old 30 March 2007, 22:35   #9
Gerry

Quote:
Is this one the secret level of Ambermoon? this one seems a cheat, in any case it is very interesting,
For an image guide how to get access to the Thalion office, you could take a look at http://mitglied.lycos.de/thalionsour...oonloesung.htm (scroll down to "Cheat").

Gerry
Old 03 January 2008, 20:39   #10
Telegattone

Hi! Just registered!

Hi everybody.
Just joined eab and wanted to ask about a problem i'm running with this great game...

I'm running the 1.07 english version on winuae (jit enabled); and the problem occurs when i load a previous game saved with a 6 character party...

the game looks like this: note when i load the second time (don't mind the errr thalion office )
http://www.megaupload.com/it/?d=PESGPKO2

i think is that way because of jit, but the serious thing is that the 6th character of the party is cutten off... and that happens also with jit disabled.

anyone has got into the same problem? solutions?

thanx.
Old 03 January 2008, 22:31   #11
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Bad UAE settings.
Old 04 January 2008, 03:23   #12
Telegattone

i'll try with other settings, but i have doubts i will fix this problem (especially for the 6th party member)...
Old 04 January 2008, 09:42   #13
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

From what I can see from the video, you have only recruited five members to your party. The 6th character slot is EMPTY. Try recruiting someone else?
Old 04 January 2008, 11:50   #14
Telegattone

no, before the save i had nelvin in the party...

it happens also with jit disabled: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AECF35ML
this is the winuae conf:
68030 + 68882 fpu no jit
aga, 4mb chip
kickstart 3.1 40.68

ehi alex, do you have the link to the review scans on TGM italian magazine?
my god i drooled on that review for years, tmb gave it 95% i think... i think i have somewhere that 1993 number on the roof, but i don't have the "key for the roof"

thanx.
Old 04 January 2008, 14:53   #15
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I'll setup the link to the TGM scans tonight. Was it you who sent me them in the first place?
Old 04 January 2008, 15:19   #16
Telegattone

thanx.
no it was not me, but i will be glad to read it one more time
Old 05 January 2008, 04:19   #17
Thalion
Amiga Collector

I'm curious about the scans too. This game is best roleplaying game i ever played and i still enjoy it. This game really brought me into roleplaying.
It's always good to see something new that i don't have in my collection from the game as i collect everything whih has to do with it.
I think i have 9 originals of the game at home.
BTW i have an official walkthorugh book published here in germany, nothing big and a really bad walkthrough but if you are interested in scans of it i can do them for you.
Old 05 January 2008, 11:07   #18
Telegattone

i don't speak german but it can be useful for someone else...
Old 05 January 2008, 11:59   #19
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Maybe Alex would like it for his shrine.
Old 05 January 2008, 14:29   #20
Telegattone

i'm trying to solving the problem of the 6th character...
it's strange: nelvin is in the party but when i click on the icon for the positions of the characters in combat it does NOT appear... (he is the character always cutten off)
it seems like the save function does not works well, now i'm mixing files from different saves... let's see...

EDIT: reminds me of problems i had when installing workbench 3.1 on a windows dir (not an hardfile i mean) when some files was marked "readable only" and i had to confirm manually...