English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 31 January 2010, 11:33   #201
wawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
The attachment contains the icon.library 46.4.133 with some bugfixes:

In some cases the planar images of non-V44 icons couldn't be displayed.

This version works without conflicts under AfA_OS if the version of the AFA_OS_LIBS:Icon_Lib.exe is from 2010 or newer. Please wait for an update of AfA_OS. Many thanks to Bernd Roesch and Thomas Klein. Please remember that most of the icon drawing is done by AfAs Icon_Lib.exe, of course.

Update: Icon_Lib.exe for AfA_OS attached. Thanks to Bernd Roesch again.
Please, don't distribute this Icon_Lib.exe somewhere else. A new release of AfA may come soon.
very nice, one of the main disadvantages of afa is being taken care of then. will it become part of the next afa distri? in that case i think you would like to correct versions numba.
i am going to test it shortly, i only have to locate icon.library 45.1, im using 45.4 atm. are the fixes of that version included?
Old 31 January 2010, 12:43   #202
wawa

ok, im testing it right now, still i cannot save iconedit modified icons "fehler in datei", btw how about to fix the icons look on 8bit afa screens? i mean not necessarily color remapping but mainly to get rid of the rubbish in the top line, having them all displaying to the degree they look on 8bit screens without afa. it has been discussed quite a while on a1k also with thilo kohler but nothing happens, bernd doesnt want to do it himself, thats for sure, anyways his idea about that were kind of brute force, like just not allowing to display the top row on all icons or similar.

äh, peter, i have forgot you attended the discussion
edit: and dont bother to answer my previous questions, ive just looked more closely through the thread.

Last edited by wawa; 31 January 2010 at 16:02.
Old 31 January 2010, 21:08   #203
PeterK

Quote:
one of the main disadvantages of afa is being taken care of then. will it become part of the next afa distri? in that case i think you would like to correct versions numba.
Yes, AfA_OS 4.7+ will accept icon.library 46.4.133+.

The version number of AfAs Icon_Lib.exe will be corrected (4.1 -> 4.7), but the version number and -much more important- the revision number of my icon.library will stay at 46.4. The revision 4 is necessary for the 100 character iconname copy support of Mikes workbench.library 45.131, which was introduced with his icon.library 45.4.

Quote:
im using 45.4 atm. are the fixes of that version included?
Yes, the MNL-support works even under AfA_OS to our surprise as long as you add WBCtrl MNL=100 somewhere above LoadWB in your startup-sequence. And the memory leaks are fixed too in icon.library 46.4.

Quote:
ok, im testing it right now, still i cannot save iconedit modified icons "fehler in datei"
Ok, I don't know which problems of AfA_OS will get fixed in the next release. I'm not even a regular user of AfA_OS, but I can reproduce this bug in AfA 4.6 with AmiKit 1.59 when Icon_Lib.exe is enabled. No saving bug for V44-icons without it when v46.4.133 is in use. On the other hand, the OS 3.9 iconedit has lots of bugs and won't support any PNG icons, of course.

Quote:
how about to fix the icons look on 8bit afa screens? i mean not necessarily color remapping but mainly to get rid of the rubbish in the top line, having them all displaying to the degree they look on 8bit screens without afa. it has been discussed quite a while on a1k ....
Yes, I've seen that discussion on a1k. Unfortunately, I think neither Bernd will support planar screens in AfA very soon (or ever) nor will my icon.library 46.4 support (Dual)PNG icons in the near future (or never). Too much work for the dead AmigaOS. I don't use it any more. Except for some bug fixes. I would only change my mind if the AmigaOS would become completely opensource and if the copyright owners would make it freeware

Last edited by PeterK; 31 January 2010 at 23:36.
Old 31 January 2010, 22:52   #204
wawa

seeing you being at least to some extent part of natami team i would expect you are still interested a little in aos 68k, but well i have very little insight in what natami is going to be if ever.
on the other hand my personal preference would be to replace aos on 68k with its aros counterpart elements and we were where you want us to be, except for the name.

as for icon lib, maybe there is just a simple fix possible to clean the icons looks under afa, just that the lib recognizes the icon type and treats it appropriate. as i said i dont care for color remapping. the "fax" type of look is quite enough to be able to navigate the system on 8bit screens and thats what should be possible
Old 31 January 2010, 23:35   #205
PeterK

Ok, I'm only interested in 68k ASM programming, not much in C and not at all in PPC code or x86 (atm). But I'm not a software developer (just something like a hacker) and thus I cannot help the natami team in any way.

Regarding Icon_Lib.exe or AfA_OS in general I've never made any efforts to analyze the sources. Please get in contact with Bernd or maybe other programmers who are developing AfA_OS or AROS. Sorry, but I can't fix that.
Old 01 February 2010, 01:51   #206
wawa

ok. didnt meant to bother you much anyway, i thought of that only becasue you came with these icon libraries over the corner
will be molesting bernd then, maybe he will show more insight if i finish these <15bit gadgets for him soon.
Old 07 February 2010, 20:49   #207
NubeCheCorre

i have just installed the boingbag 3 here on my miggy 1200. Here is my config :

AMIGA 1200 PPC 603+ 210 MHZ 68040 25 MHZ 256MB RAM
MEDIATOR
VOODOO 3 3000 16 MB SDRAM
SOUNDBLASTER PCI
REALTEK ETHERNET BOARD PCI

AMIGA OS 3.9 + BB1 + BB2

the system booted without problem but at the startup after the requester of warpos where it tell me to terminate the ppc.library i have an error about the workbench.library.. it told me that it need the workbench.library 45 to run AmiDock, and so for that problem it is not able to run Amidock and anyother programs on the workbench..

i have checked the library and under amiga os 3.9+bb1+bb2 it tell me version 40.5 but if i boot from an emergency-disk and amiga os 3.9CD from shell i can see workbench.library 45.102 .. so i do not understand why i have this kind of error..

Any ideas ?
Old 07 February 2010, 21:35   #208
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Only thing I can think of that might do it is if the latest version of the lib isnt installed in Libs: and/or os39 setpatch isnt running and installing the replacement workbench.lib over the rom version.
Old 07 February 2010, 22:55   #209
NubeCheCorre

the library are correctly installed and following the installation process i have inserted the line at the top of the s-s and commented C:setpatch ..
Old 08 February 2010, 00:37   #210
gulliver
BoingBagged

Allways when installing AmigaOS 3.9 it is recommended you do it on a clean partition, booting from the 3.9 emergency floppy and doing a full install.

Have you done that?
If not, AmigaOS 3.9 will fail miserably doing a proper install, and will mix old files with new files, generating system crashes and/or produces incompatibilities.

Anyway, many people have tested BB3 with their Amigas with success, so probably the issue is with your PPC card and/or its libraries.

Furthermore, I have your exactly same config, with the notable exception that i dont have a PPC cpu, but i do have the 040 the mediator and those pci cards on an A1200. In my case, this setup works like a charm! So I suspect it has to do with the PPC and its libraries/drivers
Old 08 February 2010, 00:46   #211
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
Allways when installing AmigaOS 3.9 it is recommended you do it on a clean partition, booting from the 3.9 emergency floppy and doing a full install.

Have you done that?
If not, AmigaOS 3.9 will fail miserably doing a proper install, and will mix old files with new files, generating system crashes and/or produces incompatibilities.

Anyway, many people have tested BB3 with their Amigas with success, so probably the issue is with your PPC card and/or its libraries.

Furthermore, I have your exactly same config, with the notable exception that i dont have a PPC cpu, but i do have the 040 the mediator and those pci cards on an A1200. In my case, this setup works like a charm! So I suspect it has to do with the PPC and its libraries/drivers
I have to agree with madmatt, I have had this a few times.

It wasnt loading the correct module and keeping the original rom version. Hence the error.

Id check the startup-sequence.
Old 08 February 2010, 01:45   #212
NubeCheCorre

it was a clean installation over my amiga os 3.9 (obviously i had installed mediator and voodoo driver too) after i installed boing bag 1 and 2.. what should i check now ? and how to solve this problem ? what should i chek in the startup sequence ?
Old 08 February 2010, 02:08   #213
NubeCheCorre

Note: to install boing bag 2, i had to install it without the romupdate that's why it locked my system..
Old 08 February 2010, 18:47   #214
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NubeCheCorre View Post
Note: to install boing bag 2, i had to install it without the romupdate that's why it locked my system..
Aye, you need the;

Setpatch NOROMUPDATE QUIET

This stops it updating the modules you have replaced. However if your missing any modules, then the modules it would have updated wont be.
Old 08 February 2010, 18:51   #215
NubeCheCorre

could you please explain me better what i have to do ? :-)
Old 10 February 2010, 23:07   #216
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
After you have installed BoingBag #2 edit s-s and replace "Setpatch QUIET" with "Setpatch NOROMUPDATE QUIET". Then install BoingBag #3 and modify s-s as the installer tells you to do.
Old 13 February 2010, 14:25   #217
NubeCheCorre

i tried but without luck.. this is what i did..

i installed amiga os 3.9 and boing bag 1, then boing bag 2 with romupdate, after that my system doesn't boot (this is due to the romsupdate as stated in the readme file..) so i edited my startup-sequence and edited with "Setpatch NOROMUPDATE QUIET".. my system booted again, then i installed bb3 and edited the s-s as the installer told me. When i reboot the amiga, this is what i got :

Loading NOREBOOT VERBOSE failed
SYS:C/LoadModule failed returncode 10

Any idea ? :-)
Old 13 February 2010, 18:10   #218
gulliver
BoingBagged

Something is wrong, it should work
Alternatively you can use LoadModule 1.1 from another author, and see if that helps. Get it from http://aminet.net/util/boot/LoadModule11.lha

Good luck
Old 13 February 2010, 21:48   #219
NubeCheCorre

ok thanks, i'll try it and tell you if it works ;-) for the moment thanks :-)
Old 14 February 2010, 10:04   #220
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

@NubeCheCorre:

Can you send me your startup-sequence please?