English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 27 September 2015, 22:26   #341
bfrnhout
Retro is the game to play

Okay. Its a long way from finished. And there are some steps backwards in the game. But that what is now done. Is working good. So i don't want to hold this back. its better then the previous releases. and i do programming with the original game beside me. So every step i made i can check up with the original

Sorry that it take a long time. But money goes for pleasure. and my son i the owner of a companey who makes contral panels, design them and program them. Due to the shortage of good PLC programmers i must jump in with him. This means that a lot of time when i come home i am to tieerd to program. Today i made a final correction and 90% of the program is working. From now one i have more time on my hands and try to work harder on the game.

N.B. The sound may be harder then normal, if so lower the sound volume by holding the CTRL and the - for volume down and + for volume up. (Not on the num pad)

http://bartfernhout.magix.net/public/deuteros.html
to download.
Old 28 September 2015, 12:52   #342
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrnhout View Post
Okay. Its a long way from finished. And there are some steps backwards in the game. But that what is now done. Is working good. So i don't want to hold this back. its better then the previous releases. and i do programming with the original game beside me. So every step i made i can check up with the original

Sorry that it take a long time. But money goes for pleasure. and my son i the owner of a companey who makes contral panels, design them and program them. Due to the shortage of good PLC programmers i must jump in with him. This means that a lot of time when i come home i am to tieerd to program. Today i made a final correction and 90% of the program is working. From now one i have more time on my hands and try to work harder on the game.

N.B. The sound may be harder then normal, if so lower the sound volume by holding the CTRL and the - for volume down and + for volume up. (Not on the num pad)

to download.
Downloaded, will check it out later.
Old 02 October 2015, 00:56   #343
shaf

Working until shuttle creation, cannot select items for tool pod, also cannot launch shuttle.
Old 03 October 2015, 23:34   #344
bfrnhout

Shuttle work is underconstruction. I release that part when i think its working good. This wil be very soon.
Old 04 October 2015, 21:37   #345
Overflow

One of my all time favourites!

Cant wait for the full game
Old 23 October 2015, 23:22   #346
bfrnhout

Ok here is a nice round number 1000 this is the build version that is now ready to download.
try it. The entering to the station is blocked so when you want to go in the status stay docking.

Its already corrected. The rest must work. Let me know.

bart
Old 11 November 2015, 01:36   #347
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

How's the game coming along? Decided to leave it awhile till it's more feature packed
Old 07 December 2015, 03:37   #348
Overflow

Aye, hows the game coming along?
Old 23 February 2016, 00:06   #349
bfrnhout

Deu to a lot of other work i did have abanded the project up til now. This week i start picking it up. Today browsing throug the code. At 50% of that. Knowing what is doing what. And fixing a shuttle problem on the station in the code. Got more time on my hands to do this. So i think friday wil the first next release where i hope the shuttle is docking good to the station.

Have beside the computer a big pile of papers what to have to be done. and where some graphics is missing and sound missing. Even so the steps layed out to take how to go on.

So round up the stuff from the previous work and backup all the source code en the binaire code. Including the SCADA Backup. Plus a complete disk image bakup. Then all the old stuff can come back. Gladly the source code fort this work is in a online state. So i can look at ik now, but not make the working compiled part. Virus protection is very high now for this program. Its now that the compiler is net getting permission to create a exe. Only B&R and SCADA may work. So in a couple of days the original (OLD) Image is putting back on this computer and i can work on it again.

Its a long project i know but it is my goal to make it work on the PC.

bart.
Old 24 February 2016, 15:34   #350
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrnhout View Post
Deu to a lot of other work i did have abanded the project up til now. This week i start picking it up. Today browsing throug the code. At 50% of that. Knowing what is doing what. And fixing a shuttle problem on the station in the code. Got more time on my hands to do this. So i think friday wil the first next release where i hope the shuttle is docking good to the station.

Have beside the computer a big pile of papers what to have to be done. and where some graphics is missing and sound missing. Even so the steps layed out to take how to go on.

So round up the stuff from the previous work and backup all the source code en the binaire code. Including the SCADA Backup. Plus a complete disk image bakup. Then all the old stuff can come back. Gladly the source code fort this work is in a online state. So i can look at ik now, but not make the working compiled part. Virus protection is very high now for this program. Its now that the compiler is net getting permission to create a exe. Only B&R and SCADA may work. So in a couple of days the original (OLD) Image is putting back on this computer and i can work on it again.

Its a long project i know but it is my goal to make it work on the PC.

bart.
Welcome back, glad to hear your still making progress.
Old 26 February 2016, 21:11   #351
bfrnhout

ITS HERE AGAIN.

Yes i am fully back. And have just round up a bug collection all reported bug (I think) are solved.
download http://bartfernhout.magix.net/public/deuteros.html

Thanks FOL Its realy my goal to finished this. Up till now its working hope i can complete this one. I do not like to start again. Cause of errors i made (I hope i never did).

This kind of programming is totaly differend the PLC programming.

Start working to make the next fase.
Old 27 February 2016, 00:23   #352
Genlock
Out to Grass

Hey bfrnhout !
Nice to see your working on this again !
Its one of those games i spent many nights and Dawns with in the early days

Spoiler Alert !!
The only let down was the final Battle - Tiny little formation ships didnt really show all the Progress that you had worked up to !

I hope you have some surprises for us in your version

joe
Old 27 February 2016, 01:54   #353
shaf

A few minor problems with the latest build:
1. Won't load older saves
2. when Research is finished Button is still yellow , not green
3. When production of item finishes, for a second the in progress image is shown
4. Timer loses focus, arrow dissapears, alt Tab sometimes corrects for Win 10 x64
5. Can't easily return to play after saving game, must select load screen

Cheers
Shaf
Old 04 March 2016, 21:03   #354
bfrnhout

I have seen the problems. I am still searching for some problems. Deu to a cross connection is some modules markers ar set or reset where they ar not allowed to change. When i try to correct this every time some other problem occurs. Still trying to resolve the problems. When that is done the new release is there. Sorry for this.

1. I was forgot the report that the save routine was addjusted to make it language undepended. And smaller. When the game is running for a long time the station, Shuttles and IOS wil grow to a lagre number. When it reache a certain point the save overlap is made. So that the seconde file is not reloaded again. And when the last file is used the program is crashing with out of bound . A lot of not needed data removed and a lot of saving data cruched.

2. I see it wil look in to it.

3. This is mistake by me. The wrong buffer screen is showing.

4. Sorry but the enviourment for this program is not made to Alt_tab use. The graphics ares stored in a piece of window memory That is reclaimed by windows when you switch game to background. Windows is not giving the area on a good way back. So when the game is continueing the pointers to the memeory is nog right anymore. While windows have relocated them. When program is complete i have the option the switch between windows and full screen. And the Alt_Tab option wil be dissabled.

5. See first explenation. Some markers stay alive whil the have to be killed. I wil look in to that.

Guys i am still busy and as soon as there is a good working part ik give it up for testing.

Bart
Old 11 March 2016, 21:54   #355
bfrnhout

Just did contacting a programmer on the job asking why its going wrong onthe moment i put the station in orbit to work. From that moment on there are bugs where first did nit got them.

He did look at my program and give me some pointers. I am working now with those pointers witch means that i almost have the save and load routine working good. Earth production is working fine now. Some big changes on the shuttle to operate to the station.

To make a small notice its coming but not quiet there. I know where i make the errors but it take some time to solve them on the right way. I work hard to try to make a release that is working good for all of use.

bart.
Old 18 March 2016, 20:40   #356
bfrnhout

I did follow the programmers advice. (Why i did not see this by myself ???) And adding all things that are neede in the station and ground stuff right in the same functions. And use markers to devide the calling in the function itself. This give me more flexabillety in construction and shuttle bay. So the setting of the wrong markers is gone. I am this far that the Save and load routine is working perfect. Its faster with loading and saving. Construction is now done from one call. Witch make it stable to devide the choise between Earth and station. Pushed Research completly aside as a part that realy is a stand alone from the whole. Cause the research hase nothing to do in the whole game than only giving the acces to the items that are researched.

What i did was the ground work and space work treating as a two part program. But the programmers who did look at the game. ( I did showed him some movies that are take from the game.) he did write some notes on paper. Did look at my program and say to me that the PLC programming and this game programming are the same. And not as i did it to see it as total difference kind of programming technics.

With that in my mind and his notes i run trough the text of the code. And change a lot of coding, And use a lot of more markers. If this is working then when the station is ready then on all planets a station can be buid on next release.

ToDo - Finished Construction
- Shuttle bay
- Shuttle building
- News to be working (for creating first station)
- Deposit
- Space Dock
- IOS Building
- IOS space course layout

List is not done but for now its a lot of work to do.

bart.
Old 17 April 2016, 21:27   #357
bfrnhout

Shuttle bay is complete now. Shuttle mounting pods is working. Shuttle building at 50%. When ready building station. Them i am back on track. That wil be the next release from there it must go faster i hope.
Old 22 April 2016, 22:14   #358
bfrnhout

Shuttle building complet but the flight is not complet. Shuttle going up to orbit no problem but the shuttle pods are not right connected. Must make this working. Then a smal problem on the drawers on the side solving and the first station is in orbit. I think that next week the first tryout is comming online.
Old 10 May 2016, 20:44   #359
bfrnhout

Shuttle 100% station 100%. Shuttla bay 100% spacebay 100% ACC 25% space port,IOS,SGS,Methanoid contact and battle 0%

Small things smooting out. but on the overall the work is good. When the ACC is 100% i wil put this version for download.
Old 10 May 2016, 22:02   #360
Overflow

Thanks for the update. Deuteros is one of my all time favourite games