English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Collections

Old 14 January 2020, 09:42   #21
curtcool

The idea of TOSEC is to preserve everything, isn't it? At least there's ridiculous things like images of games with errors or viruses on them in TOSEC, stuff that doesn't even work and, it seems to me, doesn't have any novelty value whatsoever. Of course, people who have/buy disks should make - or have someone like eg. me make - adf's of them - or at least have a look if there's anything rare. Then it's up to someone else to decide on what to do with it. Even if it's buggy Polish AMOS games.
Old 14 January 2020, 13:54   #22
tmb
scene mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtcool View Post
The idea of TOSEC is to preserve everything, isn't it? At least there's ridiculous things like images of games with errors or viruses on them in TOSEC, stuff that doesn't even work and, it seems to me, doesn't have any novelty value whatsoever. Of course, people who have/buy disks should make - or have someone like eg. me make - adf's of them - or at least have a look if there's anything rare. Then it's up to someone else to decide on what to do with it. Even if it's buggy Polish AMOS games.

go ahead and preserve it then.
Old 14 January 2020, 22:01   #23
curtcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb View Post
go ahead and preserve it then.
Well, I don't usually buy collections of unknown content. Guess I'm cheap that way. Would consider buying unadf'ed disks from someone if they're cheap enough (about 0.33 dkr/0.044 euro/disk) and it won't cost a fortune to send it. Otherwise, I just try to talk to people at demoparties and write to some local people (as in Denmark or Southern Sweden) if they have disks or collections that they might want me to rip.
Old 14 January 2020, 22:49   #24
no9

In my opinion the only value of that collection is in its physical condition to serve as a piece for exhibition in a retro museum. I doubt if any rare software could be found on such disks.