English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 08 April 2006, 00:08   #1
Pryfster

Cannon Fodder Save Disk

Hi, I'm brand new to all this forum business, (and sorry to be starting a new thread but I'm not sure how it works).

I am desperately trying to get hold of the cannon fodder save disk so I don't have to start from the beginning every time. I have tried creating custom disks, tried save states, but no joy. From the posts I have read, I know some people have uploaded the disk to the zone before. But this was a while ago so it's not there anymore.
Any brief instructions as to what number disc drive I need to use and if I need to format within the game etc, as well as info on a cannon fodder 2 save disk, so I can move on to that monster once I get through the first one.

Please help, I'm going mad trying to do web searches for it. The back2roots website everyone bangs on about would be great, but it looks like it's been down for ages now, and probably abandoned.

Thanks.

Old 08 April 2006, 00:23   #2
Magno Boots
Zone Friend

You need to create a 'standard floppy'
From what I can remember, when clicking on save during the game/start screen it will ask you to insert a save disk.
Insert your standard floppy (which you can rename prior to insertion) and I believe it will format it for you, allowing it to be saved to.
I remember that it shows silly captions such as 'just one minute left' then 'just ten minutes left' (sort of a joke)
No doubt I will be corrected on this!
Cheers
Old 08 April 2006, 00:39   #3
BippyM
Global Moderator

DO a search on the forums.. this has been discussed before (recently too)
Old 08 April 2006, 01:55   #4
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Ok i push my save disk again ^^
Old 08 April 2006, 08:27   #5
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
DO a search on the forums.. this has been discussed before (recently too)
And it is even on the same page, a few topics below. Why people do not use search engines? Laziness or stupidity?
Old 08 April 2006, 17:22   #6
Pryfster

Thanks for your replies and for the 'majority' of you making a new member feel welcome. I have used the search engines but everything they said about creating disks didn't work for me, that's why I asked for one that was already working on someone elses system.
Special thanks to dlfrsilver for taking the trouble to upload the file. I have tried it but unfortunately it hasn't worked for me either. I tried on two versions of winuae including the latest, (putting the adf in the fourth disk slot that wes free, tried replacing disc 3 with it too), but I am in the process of trying all possible configurations to stop winuae crashing when I load up the game.
Thanks anyway, I'll keep trying but perhaps I'm destined not to play my favourite game of my childhood after all. It is strange that so many people have had mixed results with this topic.
I could well be doing something very stupid that I haven't spotted yet so I'll let you know how I get on.

Old 08 April 2006, 17:52   #7
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

then it's your version of cannon fodder which doesn't work.

plus cannon fodder doesn't work with 4 disk drive but 3.

the 4th drive is not supported. My save disk is fully working, i tested it for someone else before uploading.
Old 08 April 2006, 17:58   #8
Pryfster

Ok, I'll try to find another version then and give that a go.
Thanks again.
Pryfster.

Old 08 April 2006, 18:24   #9
mailman
Zone Friend

You could continue the previous thread without creating a new one. There is no need to open a new thread just because the answers given in almost the same to your problem does not conform you.
Old 08 April 2006, 20:08   #10
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

wait a bit, i'll upload again my fairlight version of Cannon Fodder.

it flawlessly works ^^.
Old 10 April 2006, 19:27   #11
Pryfster

Thanks dlfrsilver, I now have the save working with the fairlight version you posted. I am sooooo happy. If I knew how to use the smiley faces I would put them all in! I work in a college and the students are off for easter so I ended up playing cannon fodder in work all day, just love those bazukas.