English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 27 November 2015, 16:29   #1
Madcrow

High-quality sound in FS-UAE?

I'm working on "building" a high-spec "Super Amiga" in FS-UAE and I've run into a hurdle: sound. While the basic Paula stuff all works well enough, if I wanted to get 16-bit sound, what should I do? I gather that the WinUAE AHI driver doesn't work with FS-UAE. Is that going to change at some point? I also gather that the Toccata sound card is emulated in the development versions (which I'm using). How much overhead does Toccata emulation add and how hard to track down are the drivers needed to make it work?
Old 28 November 2015, 19:52   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

It's correct that FS-UAE does not implement the UAE-side part for the UAE AHI support. I don't have any plans to implement this.

Toccata emulation works well. I have not done any benchmarking, so cannot say anything about overhead.

You can find Toccata drivers here: http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/toccata
For Toccata AHI, I think toccata.audio is already included in the main AHI distribution.

I recall it was quite easy to get working.