WinUAE developer

Fixed
Old 30 April 2016, 16:28   #182
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3300b12.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_3300b12.7z

Beta 12:

- Dummy 68030 MMU instructions were also accidentally disabled in "generic" 680x0 core. (b11)
- AGA mode HAM6 colors were not 100% accurate. (Was fixed in b11)
- Stop with HALT10 if compatible CPU is not ticked and exception begins with SSP pointing to non-existing address space.
- Prevent programmed mode display width and height to become too small. Program doing something very stupid or crashing program can write very random values to programmable refresh rate custom registers.
- Switching Advanced chipset compatible option off and then back on does not anymore reset chipset extra back to Generic in non-quickstart mode.
- 1M/512k+512k Advanced chipset option was not reset when Advanced chipset was in compatibility mode.
- A3000 SCSI + any WD based Z2 SCSI controller: autoconfig didn't work.

---

Offtopic PC story: yesterday one of my GTX980 (Gigabyte Gaming G1) decided to release some magic smoke mid game, I guess something shorted and power supply shut the system down instantly. Today I tested both (SLI setup, I wasn't sure which one died, backplate hides most of the PCB), one works, another shows fire and smoke signals.. Fortunately everything else appears to be fine.
Old 30 April 2016, 17:04   #183
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

OT reply:
Bad luck on the GTX, lucky you had 2 cards. My Nvidia card blew on my HP laptop, left me with a white screen. A SH replacement cost me £85 quid, then that one blew after 12 months. I scrapped the HP laptop and went back to my 10 year old Dell Inspiron.
Old 30 April 2016, 19:33   #184
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
- Stop with HALT10 if compatible CPU is not ticked and exception begins with SSP pointing to non-existing address space.
Blizzard1260 with JIT is impossible now (goes into H10 after color changes). Is this intention or can it be worked around somehow?
Old 30 April 2016, 19:47   #185
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
OT reply:
Bad luck on the GTX, lucky you had 2 cards. My Nvidia card blew on my HP laptop, left me with a white screen. A SH replacement cost me £85 quid, then that one blew after 12 months. I scrapped the HP laptop and went back to my 10 year old Dell Inspiron.
Laptops are even more annoying if (or when?) something goes wrong..

Fortunately this model had 3 year warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Blizzard1260 with JIT is impossible now (goes into H10 after color changes). Is this intention or can it be worked around somehow?
It is not intentional, will be fixed..
Old 01 May 2016, 10:46   #186
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

winuae.7z updated, halt10 in some configurations fixed.
Old 01 May 2016, 19:18   #187
waldiamiga
morphos.pl

With me still Halt10, beta 11 was OK.
Attached Files
File Type: uae A4000PPC.uae (13.1 KB, 124 views)
Old 03 May 2016, 16:21   #188
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldiamiga View Post
With me still Halt10, beta 11 was OK.
Fixed. (Weird boot ROM code points stack at ROM when it does CPU check, I guess it is acceptable if you don't need to return from exception.)
Old 03 May 2016, 19:11   #189
waldiamiga
morphos.pl

Thanks, It works very good.
Old 08 May 2016, 04:24   #190
DarrenHD

Toni, latest beta works very well - I'm using OS4.1 FE. Emulating GREX with RTL8029 and SB128 - working great! Thanks so much!
Old 09 May 2016, 12:19   #191
ehrliches

Have found a very anoying bug in the Save/loadstate-function.
(winuae64_3300b12.7z)

Clicking either of the Save or Load -buttons crashes the application.
Doesnt happen every time, and restarting the application doesnt
always help either. So, very anoying indeed.

Is it a known bug?

Old 09 May 2016, 12:21   #192
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Probably shell extension bug. http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80216
Old 09 May 2016, 15:16   #193
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenHD View Post
Toni, latest beta works very well - I'm using OS4.1 FE. Emulating GREX with RTL8029 and SB128 - working great! Thanks so much!
Do you also use uaegfx and directory harddrives? (PCI/RTG hardware emulation has not changed much since last version)
Old 09 May 2016, 17:37   #194
DarrenHD

Quote:
Do you also use uaegfx and directory harddrives? (PCI/RTG hardware emulation has not changed much since last version)
Yes, using uaegfx. But using a hardfile. And (shhhh) newer OS4.1 components as I'm an OS4.1 Beta tester.

Not your problem but I'd love to see Radeon 9xxx emulation so we could have full hardware compositing. I didn't try yet Cybervision PPC emulation to see if Warp3D works. I was using PicassoIV before and now uaegfx.
Old 09 May 2016, 21:09   #195
DarrenHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenHD View Post
Yes, using uaegfx. But using a hardfile. And (shhhh) newer OS4.1 components as I'm an OS4.1 Beta tester.

Not your problem but I'd love to see Radeon 9xxx emulation so we could have full hardware compositing. I didn't try yet Cybervision PPC emulation to see if Warp3D works. I was using PicassoIV before and now uaegfx.
The only issue I'm having is that I'm sometimes losing the mouse pointer. I know the emulation is still running because I can blindly click into the WinUAE window and then see stuff getting pressed, but there is no visible mouse pointer. I'm running WinUAE in a window and I will lose the mouse pointer usually after clicking out of (by pressing mouse scroll wheel) the WinUAE window then back in. You have to do this two or three times before you can (potentially) lose it. I know you had mentioned something about this perhaps in another thread so I will try to find it before posting any logs, unless you want logs now.
Old 14 May 2016, 19:09   #196
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3300b13.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_3300b13.7z

Beta 13:

- HALT10 was incorrectly triggered in some configurations (b12)
- Update ExecBase.MaxLocMem (and ChkSum) if more than 2M chip RAM is configured.
- It was not possible to fully disable enabled expansion device without restart. Checkbox was unticked but device was not fully disabled.
- Copper COPJMP blitter conflict bug emulation is again disabled (Breaks Batman Vuelve / Batman Group). There is still something unknown. I did some more tests and some blitter cycle sequences do not conflict with buggy copper cycle and correctly wait one extra cycle.
- Added IVS Trumpcard Pro/GrandSlam SCSI v4.9 ROM image. Emulation not yet implemented. "Trumpcard Professional Driver 4.9 - devs/IVS_SCSIpro.driver IVSSCSI 4.9 (20 Sep 1991)"'

Variable Refresh rate updates. I finally bought G-Sync monitor, Acer Predator X34. Every emulator (any emulator!) user should get G-Sync or FreeSync hardware because variable sync has all the advantages of vsync without any vsync disadvantages!)

- Adaptive Sync renamed to Variable Sync. Adaptive Sync is name of DP variable refresh rate standard (which AMD's FreeSync is based on). "Official" generic name is Variable Refresh Rates but Variable Sync fits better with other VSync modes in GUI.
- Variable sync + black frame insertion is now supported in windowed and full-window mode. (I couldn't get G-Sync to work in normal windowed mode but it did work in full-window)
- Variable sync + black frame insertion is now supported in RTG modes.
- Black frame insertion is not enabled in variable sync mode if refresh rate would become larger than selected display refresh rate (fullscreen) or desktop refresh rate (windowed/full-window).
- Variable sync + black frame insertion and if doubled refresh rate is equal to selected/max hardware supported refresh rate: automatically reduce internal emulated refresh rate by 0.5Hz to guarantee glitch free display. (Workaround for monitors that have max refresh rate of 100Hz=PAL or 120Hz=NTSC)

Continuation and ending to offtopic PC story: returned it on monday, replacement arrived on wednesday.
Old 14 May 2016, 20:18   #197
DamienD
Banned

Hello Toni,

Found a small bug. This is a little hard to explain so you may need to test using the following games / disks yourself:

... A New Adventure - Fayoh 2 [AGA]
... Roketz [AGA]

All files are in The Zone!

Basically it's like a row of pixels jump out of alignment. Here's how you can see what I mean:

A New Adventure - Fayoh 2 [AGA]:
Start the game and jump around. If you look at the "mirrors" you can see sometimes when jumping that a row of pixels goes out of alignment. It's very evident if you go to the far bottom of the "map" and start jumping around.

Roketz [AGA]:
Start the game and crash. You will see that a row of pixels goes out of alignment near Player 1's status bar.

This was annoying me for quite a while now but I thought maybe it's just the games... I don't have a real Amiga to test on so...

I'm currently using WinUAE v3.2.2. Anyway, today I thought I'd test with an earlier version of WinUAE and see what happens. With v3.0.0 all is ok in both games. I then downloaded your latest beta and just like with v3.2.2 the issue is still there.

If you want me to I can test other versions of WinUAE to see where the issue got introduced? I image it was when you made changes to AGA display settings in order to correct Banshee [AGA] issues...

Last edited by DamienD; 14 May 2016 at 20:24.
Old 14 May 2016, 20:45   #198
DamienD
Banned

Heya Toni,

Ok, have done a few quick tests with older versions of WinUAE.

Using the following, both AGA games are absolutely perfect and no issue:

... WinUAE v3.0.0
... WinUAE v3.1.0
... WinUAE v3.2.0
... WinUAE v3.2.1

Problem starts from WinUAE v3.2.2 so maybe the issue was introduced somewhere between WinUAE v3.2.1 betas and WinUAE v3.2.2. Hope this helps
Old 15 May 2016, 09:46   #199
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

In other words, wrong thread

But I don't bother to move any posts just yet (if ever). winuae.7z may fix it. (at least Roketz)
Old 15 May 2016, 11:04   #200
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
In other words, wrong thread

But I don't bother to move any posts just yet (if ever).
Oh, sorry for that.

Quote:
winuae.7z may fix it. (at least Roketz)
Just tested with the latest "winuae.7z" file and it fixes the issue in both games

I've said it before and I'll say it again; you are the man Toni. Thank you very much