English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 June 2012, 21:19   #461
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
Lost interest? For someone who seems to have lost interest you sure post a lot in this thread.
Yes, i made a huge amount of posts. What, 5-6 on the topic of the Pandora? Crap, your right, i invested a lot of effort in that, and i want it back.
Quite honestly, i fail to see your point. I lost interest in the project, around 2006-7 when the design was set in stone. Since then i've followed, not the project, but the spectacle around it, with quite some interest. And thanked my lucky star that i didn't get invested.
B!
Old 18 June 2012, 00:31   #462
ant512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Hindsight View Post
The caanoo has the same problem. It looks like both devices got GP2X ports and that's it.
That's what happens when a company releases five similar-but-incompatible handhelds (F100, F200, F300, Wiz, Caanoo) over a short period. Five platforms = massively fragmented community = devs walk away.
Old 18 June 2012, 01:06   #463
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant512 View Post
That's what happens when a company releases five similar-but-incompatible handhelds (F100, F200, F300, Wiz, Caanoo) over a short period. Five platforms = massively fragmented community = devs walk away.
Yes, I'll admit that wasn't a smart move on GPH's part. Still, it's not as if any dev's work for the Pandora will touch out to handheld users as much as it would with a GPH device I feel. I can honestly see myself just waiting for an eBay seller to part with one (and at a huge loss) rather than attempting to blag one new. If they held "Win A Pandora!" competitions on the other hand...
Old 18 June 2012, 06:25   #464
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Yes, i made a huge amount of posts. What, 5-6 on the topic of the Pandora? Crap, your right, i invested a lot of effort in that, and i want it back.
Quite honestly, i fail to see your point. I lost interest in the project, around 2006-7 when the design was set in stone. Since then i've followed, not the project, but the spectacle around it, with quite some interest. And thanked my lucky star that i didn't get invested.
B!
So your interest stems from the fact they didnt make what you wanted and then had manufacturing and finance issues for a product you never wanted. Then you spent the next 6 years following the projects every detail?

OCD much?
Old 18 June 2012, 11:08   #465
Mr B

Quote:
OCD much?
No, not really. But obviuesly, you never wanted a product, seen it turn in to something you didn't want, but yet wished the people behind it all the best. I'm guessing your a selfish bastard that only care for your own needs, and anyone else is just there for you to use as a steeping stone.

Now that we are just about even steven with the namecalling, how about we call it quits? Your apparently never going to figure out the difference in being interested in the product, and seeing the circus rolling in to town.
B!
Old 18 June 2012, 12:34   #466
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

I was interested, liked the clamshell design (like pretty much everyone else) actually rode the circus rollercoaster of waiting two years for one and have been enjoying owning one for over a year now and wish the makers and all those who pre-ordered so long ago all the best.

As for people who never intend to get one, think they are over priced, under powered or like to compare them to phones, netbooks or tablets... or whatever else the pandora isnt. Who think the guys running the company dont have a clue, are scammers etc.. etc.. I think they should buy a device they like and maybe start a thread about that instead of posting negative stuff here everytime it gets bumped with good news.

Does your better performance tablet have 020 AGA Amiga emulation with HDD support yet btw?
Old 18 June 2012, 12:57   #467
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
What, 5-6 on the topic of the Pandora?
16 to be exact. You can check it via the 'Search this thread' button at the top.

Is there a reason that you end each post with 'B!' btw? Usually that stuff belongs in the sig or I'm just missing something here.
Old 18 June 2012, 19:26   #468
Mr B

B! is a habit. Just the way i sign my letters, SMS/MMS or signed schoolwork... And forum posts.
B!
Old 18 June 2012, 19:30   #469
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

As it is a signature then, may I introduce to this part of the rules: http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=eab..._eab_signature ?
Old 18 June 2012, 20:16   #470
Mr B

Funny. Never thought about it, but sure, if thats the way you want it, go for it...

Last edited by Mr B; 18 June 2012 at 20:17. Reason: It's not like i'll object, but i do think it looks a lot more stupid like this... Your call tho.
Old 19 June 2012, 10:39   #471
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Does your better performance tablet have 020 AGA Amiga emulation with HDD support yet btw?
Nope, but soon - the AnUAE4All dev said he'd look into it as soon as the emu got more stable
Old 19 June 2012, 17:39   #472
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Nope, but soon - the AnUAE4All dev said he'd look into it as soon as the emu got more stable
Tell him to try and get himself an iPhone/iPad and make an iOS equivalent some day.
Old 21 June 2012, 08:21   #473
phipscube
WipEout Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Hindsight View Post
btw: Since a few weeks, the Openpandora is in stock. Pay for it and a few days later, it arrives at home. Didn't believe, this will ever happen.
Really? Then I should have received mine on 28th October 2009!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I find it even more cheeky, they are selling them online, yet loads of people are still waiting for their original orders to arrive.
+1

I REALLY do believe its 2 more months now...... REALLY!
Old 19 November 2012, 23:18   #474
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
New version of UAE4ALL out fixed save states
So it`s version 2.0 all the way now fantastic stuff...

Back on Rick Dangerous 2
Old 27 December 2012, 00:06   #475
s2325
Zone Friend

review [ Show youtube player ]