English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 24 July 2016, 13:24   #1
viddi

RESHOOT - A1200,4000 & CD³² - Pre-Order

Hi Amigans,

I´m pleased to announce that RESHOOT by Richard Löwenstein can be ordered now!

Game trailer:
[ Show youtube player ]

Order your Reshoot copy:
http://www.amiworx.de/shop.html

Features:
Fast and furious bullethell-experience for PAL A1200/4000 and CD³²

All assembler-coded for maximum flow and smooth gameplay

50 frames action, parallaxed visuals

AHX-musicplayer with accelerating chiptune

Deluxe Edition including Amiga Joker Booklet with Making-of

AND MORE

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Old 25 July 2016, 18:19   #2
Amigajay

Looks good! Will pre order closer the time, shame it's in a dvd style case instead of Jewel, but looking forward to it!
Old 25 July 2016, 18:33   #3
Amiga1992

It says "rhythm based", can you explain this "feature"? I didn't notice any such thing in the demo of months back.

Congrats on the preorder being ready
Old 26 July 2016, 10:18   #4
PopoCop

Maybe it is coded in assembler, maybe it is fast but it is also ruined by the graphics. Rotating cube is shooting space toys. Everything is horribly dithered and looks like painted in 16 colors. And the game needs AGA chipset? What a joke! Wait a minute - this game is made by former Amiga Joker editor. Everything is clear now...
Old 26 July 2016, 11:13   #5
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopoCop View Post
Maybe it is coded in assembler, maybe it is fast but it is also ruined by the graphics. Rotating cube is shooting space toys. Everything is horribly dithered and looks like painted in 16 colors. And the game needs AGA chipset? What a joke! Wait a minute - this game is made by former Amiga Joker editor. Everything is clear now...
Why be a dick about it?
Sure the graphic style is not to everyone's taste or the main sprite is not the 'right shape' in your opinion, but its his game, if you don't like it tough, don't buy it!

There's plenty of other people appreciating your time and effort to bring a new game out guys, ignore some ignorant people's comments, its your game, your vision on how it should look and play.
Old 26 July 2016, 11:34   #6
nobody

So much potential is wasted. The choice of cube for a spaceship is wrong. Then I don't have a problem with the shapes of enemies but the colors look awful, way too neon-like similar to a CPC 6128. What could be an awesome game if was following a route like r-type delta becomes just a very good game in the end. But the mechanics look excellent.
Old 26 July 2016, 11:38   #7
Selur

Ignoring good advices from players is really not wise.
I dont know who is creating graphics for this project, but it doesn't fit the game properly for sure.
I don't require Project-X but how about more like this non-proffesional games
Rage
Serene 2
Pulsator
Old 26 July 2016, 11:44   #8
AnimaInCorpore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopoCop View Post
Everything is horribly dithered and looks like painted in 16 colors.
Well, the Amiga 1200 is no arcade machine.
Old 26 July 2016, 11:48   #9
alpine9000

Congrats on the release. I know how hard it is to get that last 5% of a game finished, and it must be even harder when you're shooting for commercial quality!

Also hats off for trying a different take on the genre. I'm sure you could have remade a "classic" 90s style shooter easily with your engine, but what's the point? We have more than enough of those already.

I would much rather people try new ideas. One day one of us might accidentally stumble upon something that's even better than the "classic" style of Amiga games.

Looking forward to playing it.
Old 26 July 2016, 11:51   #10
vulture

Congratulations for finishing the project. Will there be a cheaper download edition at some point?
Old 26 July 2016, 12:03   #11
ExiE

The code looks nice but the GFX is complete deal breaker for me. I don't care about dithering made by some automatic graphics conversion but flying cube and shooting some "objects" - well it has no sense to me...

Edit: bullets are nice too
Old 26 July 2016, 12:42   #12
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I don't like Bullet Hell shmups. Yes, the graphic style is indeed a deal breaker. AGA graphics in IREM/SNK style would have been interesting to see on my A1200. So, i hope Dan Scott's new Amiga shmup is more appealing then.
Old 26 July 2016, 12:54   #13
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
If the picture in the first post only would be an actual screenshot...
Old 26 July 2016, 13:08   #14
DamienD
Banned

I'm with Amigajay & alpine9000 on this one. No need to criticise just because the graphics style isn't to your liking. If this is the case, then don't purchase it but massively slagging the game off isn't very constructive and won't encourage others to even try...

We should all be really appreciative that in this day and age we are still getting quality games released for the Amiga

Obviously buzzybee has put a shite load of work into this and should be commended.

Well done indeed buzzybee and hope that you continue to bring new games to the Amiga
Old 26 July 2016, 13:28   #15
vulture

Constructive criticism is not a bad thing. Having said that, I personally like the abstract style of Reshoot. I would be changing a few gfx touches here and there, mainly colour selection stuff, but it's a pretty stylish game imo.
Old 26 July 2016, 13:35   #16
Asman

Is there a demo version of this game ?
Old 26 July 2016, 13:35   #17
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I would gladly pay 30-50 euro for a top new Amiga action game. All i can see in the video is a boring Agony style shmup with ugly colors and weird ojects. I would need a least a 1-2 level demo for tests. Would never buy blindly a new Amiga game only for the sheer existence.
Old 26 July 2016, 13:38   #18
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asman View Post
Is there a demo version of this game ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I would gladly pay 30-50 euro for a top new Amiga action game. All i can see in the video is a boring Agony style shmup with ugly colors and weird ojects. I would need a least a 1-2 level demo for tests. I would never buy blindly a new Amiga game only for the sheer existence.
Yes; see other thread for more details: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=79918

From memory there's a hard drive version but Akira kindly made an .ADF

I've put this back in The Zone!

Edit: here's the hard drive version from the Patreon website: https://www.patreon.com/posts/5148830

Last edited by DamienD; 26 July 2016 at 13:44.
Old 26 July 2016, 13:43   #19
PopoCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimaInCorpore View Post
Well, the Amiga 1200 is no arcade machine.
You don't need arcade machine to have well drawn graphics, not dithered by automatic gfx conversions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Why be a dick about it?
Sure the graphic style is not to everyone's taste or the main sprite is not the 'right shape' in your opinion, but its his game, if you don't like it tough, don't buy it!
I will not buy it but I can express my opinion. I don't forbid others (even rude blokes like you) to buy it.

Last edited by PopoCop; 26 July 2016 at 14:42.
Old 26 July 2016, 13:51   #20
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
You don't need arcade machine to have well drawn graphics, not dithered by automatic gfx convertions.
You can do it on the Amiga 500 too. But you need a good graphic designer of course.

Well, played the demo for a few minutes. The basic game mechanics are there. But it feels like a poor PD game (the demo at least) and the level design is indeed boring as hell.