English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01 July 2019, 21:48   #61
Grex
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austria
Posts: 51
@JimDrew

Okay, if you say this version is bogus, then it is bogus. Who else would know it if not you. However still it is strange that Joe Fenton sent me a fake-version of Fusion.

Two more questions:

I vaguely remember that there once was an announcement, that you had found a revolutionary new way for super-fast emulation of the PCs "protected mode". Will the new versions of Pcx already have this feature?

I also vaguely remember that I once read a statement by you, where you said that you will release specific patches for those indeed very very few games/applications that would normally not work under Fusion. Have such patches ever been released, and if yes, is there something as a collection that can be downloaded?
Grex is offline  
Old 07 July 2019, 08:52   #62
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 670
I am not sure what Joe gave you, but the v3.3 that I have seen online is just as registered version that had the serial number set to 00000, but none of the protection checks have been removed. This will result in random crashing, usually immediately when starting the Mac, but sometimes after the Mac desktop appears.

The last version of PCx (v3.0) already has the improved protected mode code.

With the exception of a couple of developer (debug) utilities, I am not aware of any games or applications that do not work under FUSION. The debug utilities take over the Mac OS and setup the MMU for a debugging platform. I could support it, but literally nobody ever reported this. I only knew about the issue because we used this particular development platform when doing some of the Mac side code for EMPLANT's Mac emulation.

My comment about the copyright laws were not directed towards anyone. The fact remains that whether you can buy a piece of software not, it is illegal to copy or pirate it. The law is no different for a piece of software released today, or one that was released 75 years ago.

Last edited by JimDrew; 03 September 2019 at 06:45.
JimDrew is offline  
Old 01 September 2019, 22:43   #63
SimonV
Registered User

SimonV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 237
I guess Blittersoft UK gave Amiga Format permission ?
SimonV is offline  
Old 03 September 2019, 06:46   #64
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 670
I am guessing so.

I will be releasing brand new versions of FUSION and PCx, with new video drivers and support for ISO images directly (replacing CD-ROM drives).
JimDrew is offline  
Old 03 September 2019, 09:27   #65
Zarnal
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: France
Posts: 69
Hello Jim.

Do you think integrate an HFS+ driver to your new version of Fusion ?

Last edited by Zarnal; 05 September 2019 at 09:24.
Zarnal is offline  
Old 04 September 2019, 02:29   #66
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 670
MacOS 8.1 was the first HFS+ compatible OS that Apple released, and there is support for it already in FUSION. There is no "driver" required. It's integrated. The biggest issue really is that Amiga's native filesystem can't handle more than 2GB partitions reliably. Using an alternate filesystem fixes that.
JimDrew is offline  
Old 04 September 2019, 02:32   #67
Hedeon
PPC Hacker

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Leiden / The Netherlands
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
My comment about the copyright laws were not directed towards anyone. The fact remains that whether you can buy a piece of software not, it is illegal to copy or pirate it. The law is no different for a piece of software released today, or one that was released 75 years ago.
It is for 95+ years
Hedeon is offline  
Old 04 September 2019, 16:35   #68
Zarnal
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: France
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
MacOS 8.1 was the first HFS+ compatible OS that Apple released, and there is support for it already in FUSION. There is no "driver" required. It's integrated. The biggest issue really is that Amiga's native filesystem can't handle more than 2GB partitions reliably. Using an alternate filesystem fixes that.

Thank you for this fast answer.


HFS+ is 100% working only with virtual drives but it's impossible to format/read any real HFS+ Mac drives or Blank Amiga Partitions with it under WinUae. There is always an error " the hard drive is defective ".



In the same conditions and settings, HFS standard is 100% working.


For information, Filesystem used is PFS3 (scsi.device 43.45).



I tested with multiple hard drives.
Zarnal is offline  
Old 05 September 2019, 19:50   #69
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 670
What do you mean "virtual drives"?
JimDrew is offline  
Old 05 September 2019, 20:09   #70
Zarnal
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: France
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
What do you mean "virtual drives"?

I'm talking about Hardfiles (MSHardFileDiskx). 100% Ok with HFS+/MacOS8.1.
Zarnal is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 00:54   #71
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 670
If HardFiles work, then real SCSI partitions will as well... the same code handles both!
JimDrew is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 04:05   #72
amigoun
Registered User
amigoun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Czech Rep
Posts: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
With the exception of a couple of developer (debug) utilities, I am not aware of any games or applications that do not work under FUSION. The debug utilities take over the Mac OS and setup the MMU for a debugging platform. I could support it, but literally nobody ever reported this. I only knew about the issue because we used this particular development platform when doing some of the Mac side code for EMPLANT's Mac emulation.

I know of MagiC Mac (Atari ST/TT emulator for MAC), that is unfortunatelly not running on Fusion. Or maybe not compatible with 060?
amigoun is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 09:07   #73
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 670
There is a LOT of Mac software that doesn't work on the 060. You could try disabling ALL of the caches from the FUSION's cache control panel and see if that works.
JimDrew is offline  
Old 19 September 2019, 13:51   #74
Zarnal
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: France
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
If HardFiles work, then real SCSI partitions will as well... the same code handles both!

You are right. I've solved my issue with real drives by disabling UAE Boot Rom.

Last edited by Zarnal; 19 September 2019 at 19:45.
Zarnal is offline  
Old 27 September 2019, 07:08   #75
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 670
Glad you figured it out!
JimDrew is offline  
Old 27 September 2019, 07:17   #76
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

turrican3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: belgium
Age: 43
Posts: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I am guessing so.

I will be releasing brand new versions of FUSION and PCx, with new video drivers and support for ISO images directly (replacing CD-ROM drives).
Incredible !
What gives you the whish to make it ???
Is it for amiga 68000 ??
If yes, is it because of the vampire ??
When do you think you'll finish this work ???
using iso will they support cdda ???
Good decision
turrican3 is offline  
Old 29 September 2019, 09:16   #77
AC/DC HACKER!
Registered User

AC/DC HACKER!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SCC-NAC-dC-iNT
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
Incredible !
What gives you the whish to make it ???
Is it for amiga 68000 ??
If yes, is it because of the vampire ??
When do you think you'll finish this work ???
using iso will they support cdda ???
Good decision
Himself.
68040...and perhaps zero60 now also?
Finish? Programs are never finished. Change is always constant..some end if someone doesn't resume.
ISO doesn't support CDDA. .Bin/Cue does...which also supports Extra/Hybid. ISO is pure data without Audio tracks.
AC/DC HACKER! is offline  
Old 10 December 2019, 21:08   #78
SimonV
Registered User

SimonV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 237
I just wonder ... can that new version be used for classic 68k machines or is it just targeted to the new fpga things ? Because in that case there still will be no legal way to get Fusion 3.2 for a lot of us.
SimonV is offline  
Old 10 December 2019, 23:29   #79
torsti76
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Tuebingen
Posts: 45
I've got the same question.
torsti76 is offline  
Old 10 December 2019, 23:45   #80
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,242
I've never tried Fusion; how does it compare to say ShapeShifter, which is pretty cool indeed?
DamienD is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fusion MAC emul back to wb keys clauddio support.Apps 0 15 March 2012 03:35
Fusion Mac emu DDNI request.Apps 47 12 March 2009 02:21
Mac emulator Fusion panos_pit request.Apps 2 26 October 2008 16:58
Were to get Mac os for emulator? adonay request.Other 12 28 February 2008 17:07
Damn Mac games fly in Fusion!! DDNI Amiga scene 1 04 June 2007 02:44

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.12868 seconds with 15 queries