English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 14 May 2013, 15:52   #1
Slickymcgee
Banned

Amiga 1000 pc + 1080 color monitor + 1010 drive + 56 mags/manuals

I am currently sitting on these items...
Would like to know why u guys think...

Amiga 1000 personal computer system

Amiga 1080 color monitor

Amiga 1010

All of which are in their original boxes, plastic wraps and styrofoam holders. Although i suspect they have been used...
(Im weary about opening anything up in fear that something may go awry)

Also in this complete package, a massive list of magazines and manuals.

These include:
(Every book could be described as being in "pristine" condition)

Amazing Computing for the Commodore Amiga

Amiga world May 90

Amiga world June 90

Amiga world Dec 90

Amiga world Nov 90

Amiga world July 90

Amiga world Oct 90

Amiga world Aug 90

Amiga world Sept 90

Amiga world March 91

Amiga world Apr 91

Amiga world Jan 91

Amiga world Feb 91

Amiga world Dec.86

Amiga world Jan/feb 87

Amiga world jan 90

Amiga world feb 90

Amiga user feb 89

Amiga user jan 90

Amiga user Oct 89

TI Programmable 58C/59 solid state software libraries

TI Programmable 58C/59 Master library

Amazing amiga vol 4 num 16

Amazing amiga vol 4 num 11

Amazing amiga hardware expansion

Amazing amiga vol. 4 num. 12

Amazing computing Vol. 1 num. 8

Amazing computing june 86

Info for commodore jul/aug 1989

Amiga transactor creating your own device

Amiga transactor oct 89

Amiga transactor Sept 89

Amiga resource feb 90

Amiga resource Apr 90

Intuition reference manual

Dos developers manual

Dos tech reference manual

Hardware reference manual

Dos users manual

Rom kernel ref man: exec

Rom kernel ref man: libraries and devices

Personal programming 58c/59

Programmers handbook vol 1, 2

Advanced amiga basic

Waite groups: inside the amiga with C

Amiga C for beginners

Modula-2 +enhanced release

Lattice c compiler

Compute’s programmers guide

Softwood file 2

Inside amiga graphics

Amigados manual

The amiga system: an introduction

Enhancer software featuring amigados vers 1.2

Intro to amiga

Amiga basic (has minor wrinkles along the spine/bindings)
(
Old 14 May 2013, 17:36   #2
emufan

huge collection you got there, congrats.
i'm not an expert, but if you look into the A1000 user guide, it will tell you how to plug things together.
you just need to connect the keyboard, the mouse and plugin the monitor.
ensure you plugin the monitor in the correct connector of the amiga.
look into the manual , if you are unsure.
external diskdrive not needed at the moment.
dont connect / disconnect things after powering-on the computer. first switch of the amiga and other devices.
you got some floppy disks? look for a kickstart-disk. this you have to insert first - it will load a short time. then you can insert a workbench disk. after a moment you should see the workbench.

ensure the write-protection of the disk is on.

edit: a [ Show youtube player ] of someone playing with a1000 may give you some hints.
some more A1000 related videos:
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

dont hurry with the setup - if you are unsure about anything, just ask here and wait for an answer. someone for sure will help - may take some time, sometimes

Last edited by emufan; 14 May 2013 at 17:49.
Old 14 May 2013, 17:44   #3
Slickymcgee
Banned

Thx! I was implying that i may drop or scuff something under the pressure...i have multiple microsoft certifications, a college diploma in admin and security as well, many yrs experience in the field...not every new guy on the forums is a "dummy"... ^^
Old 14 May 2013, 17:51   #4
emufan

all that should help not to destroy your precious machine

btw. since you are experienced enough, you may open the machine, and look for leaked parts. machine comes with a memory expansion - maybe a clock as well, so look for leaked caps and battery.
Old 14 May 2013, 17:54   #5
Slickymcgee
Banned

The pressure of blemishing something so rare and valuable is nerve racking...

Im not quite sure what was used, perhaps 1 item wasnt? Using it would make it a display model and depreciates its value and rarity...

Im actually trying to sell this collection as well, is the only reason i got it...

Last edited by prowler; 14 May 2013 at 22:36. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 14 May 2013, 18:05   #6
emufan

oh, i see. you can try amibay.
may happen someone else can give an advice whether to fire-up or not in that case
Old 14 May 2013, 18:08   #7
Slickymcgee
Banned

I started there...no auctioning and noone can give opinions on value...i must have a set price before i list there...what do u think? I have searched for hours and found nothing of this magnitude to compare...

Saw the unopened system sell for 9100$...a guy said he would pay 200$ just for the box...people saying theres like no boxes left, nevermind the packaging and plastic bags

Last edited by prowler; 14 May 2013 at 22:37. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 14 May 2013, 18:45   #8
emufan

i'm not sure about a realistic price, no clue what people would pay for it. a real collector with enough cash... but hard to find these.
anyone else may give an advice?

edit>: an older amibay auction. $150 + p&p . this was a bargain and far from realistic. not sure how much at the end. :/
Old 14 May 2013, 19:15   #9
DutchinUSA

That auction ended in nothing

Guy disappeared forever

But, judge for yourself: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Commodore-Am...vip=true&rt=nc

Boxes are not THAT special obviously. And the one you are showing in the pictures looks just as one of mine that was used and re-packaged by the previous owner.
Old 14 May 2013, 19:20   #10
Slickymcgee
Banned

Ya, i think it was repackaged, however, last week i was seeing a1000 keyboard sell for like 150$ and the system go for 280 and a monitor for over 200....i think 1 actually had the box...now i cant see any sold items for a1000 for some reason...
Old 15 May 2013, 14:33   #11
merlin1968

I bought a UK A1000 last year for £200 - its pretty yellowed but works a treat. Came with a Commodore monitor (again quite yellow) and a big box of disks. All work OK and complete with cables - no box or manuals which was no problem for me.

In the UK, the smaller sized programming books can fetch upto £15 depending on the title and condition. The programmers reference guide books (the larger ones) can go for anything upto £20 (which is a bit strange as they are potentially be out of date now anyway... KS1.1, K1.2, KS1.3 etc...).

OK, there is a difference between UK and Canada as far as prices and demand goes but if it were me, I would be tempted to split the collection. I consider myself a collector and personally wouldn't spend big money on a A1000 system even with pristine packaging.

I have multiple copies of manuals now, so unless they are A1000 specific, I wouldnt want them - not the non-Commodore published ones anyway.

I wouldn't collect the magazines - I personally dont like to read old articles and adverts. I have, in the past, had magazines with systems, and they tend to stack up in my spare room and I eventually give them away to friends. I suppose the magazines must be worth £1/ea if you sell them.

The big problem is you need to know if it works!!

As emufan stated, you can connect it! I have never known anyone worrying about 'dropping' or 'scuffing' their machine (or even loosing parts!!).

Nobody in their right mind is going to buy a system from you for 'big money' when you said you haven't plugged it in and tested it because you were concerned you were going to drop it.

Also, some of the prices on eBay are a bit crazy (especially the stuff from the USA). Your best bet is to keep an eye on the things which actually sell. Thats what the 'watch' functions for.

Anyway good luck with your sale.
Old 15 May 2013, 19:26   #12
Slickymcgee
Banned

Last week i was watching the prices of what things i have sold for on ebay. Ive seen magazine issues in worse condition and sold single for an average of 8$...ive seen the a1000 system w/o original box sell for 250$, monitor same thing...i have a unique job that allows me to collect things you would not believe...i am having my own auction here soon and have finished inventorying my collection...it currently sits at over 400 items of various valuables ranging from antiques to currency, stamps, precious metals, household items, electronics, vehicular items, fluids, hugo boss/prada/armani shoes, shirts, suits, pants and much more...naturally, when i receive an item, i immediately search ebay and refine my search down to "sold items only" and get an idea of what im sitting on...based on what ive seen on ebay, i believe with the right advertising, this collection can fetch maybe up to 3,000-5,000$? Ive watched pieced together, heavily used parts without original boxes or manuals sell in the hundreds. As ive said, average 8$ per mag...thats just a stupid, wrinkly, stained, single mag at 8$ average...i have a stack in mint condition...i have high hopes on this collection and feel it is pretty much 1 of a kind and maybe have some of the best condition amiga periphenilia remaining on this planet...i will post more pics/details about this system when i have time to dig it out and test...if you can find a collection a complete and in same or bette condition, please show me...
Old 15 May 2013, 22:22   #13
AmigaFriend

Why don't you simply put it on ebay and see as it goes? It seems you want to sell the items for x10 times the actual value of it. i think ebay is a more suitable place.
Old 15 May 2013, 22:34   #14
Slickymcgee
Banned

Is this a "for sale" thread? Is there an asking price? u clowns seem to think i would even consider sellin to a bunch of mamas basement kids...i wonder what u drive or who sleeps besides u at night...all my shit is banging because i have a good sense of value...this collection is going on ebay, im gonna hype it up all over every amiga website i can find and every cpu collectors email i can get...we will see what this collection sells for...when it does sell in the thousands, ill be sure to post some pics of me literally rolling in the dough...i thank the powers that be each and every day im not like some of u retards...100$? Roflmao, that dude must smoke alot of pole, hahahahahahah "im rich biatch!"
Old 16 May 2013, 00:10   #15
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickymcgee View Post
hahahahahahah "im rich biatch!"
We shall see...
Old 16 May 2013, 00:27   #16
Slickymcgee
Banned

Seriously? I didnt say "im going to be rich biatch" i said i am..."we shall see"? U want me to post pic of me and my toys/wife? And no im not some silver spoon bitch, i grew up on the streets surviving on my own, no help. Im not some fat rich porker either...150lbs, 6-pack, looking like tom cruise in mission impossible. My life fvking rules! I average 3,000$-4,000$/week sleeping in and taking it easy...i honestly thought about making a youtube video of me pissing on this amiga collection and smashing it to pieces just to prove a point...should i start a vote and see how many ppl would like that? Chumps....
Old 16 May 2013, 00:42   #17
prowler
Global Moderator

Slickymcgee, you now have a week away from EAB during which to polish up your forum etiquette and after which we shall see whether you're serious or just trolling.
Old 16 May 2013, 00:53   #18
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickymcgee View Post
i honestly thought about making a youtube video of me pissing on this amiga collection and smashing it to pieces just to prove a point...
I honestly think you're a pisstake and I hope next time you get banned for good If I'd have been 'in charge' here still, you would have been you clown
Old 16 May 2013, 00:57   #19
Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickymcgee
Is this a "for sale" thread? Is there an asking price? u clowns seem to think i would even consider sellin to a bunch of mamas basement kids...
Quote:
Im not some fat rich porker either...150lbs, 6-pack, looking like tom cruise in mission impossible.
bwahahahaha

Quote:
i grew up on the streets surviving on my own
yeah man you gangsta.

lmfao, is this guy for real?

Last edited by Kitty; 16 May 2013 at 01:04.
Old 16 May 2013, 01:15   #20
prowler
Global Moderator

On second thoughts, the OP gets no second chance.

The whole thread is just a wind-up and he's a troll. Ban is now permanent and the thread is closed.