English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 20 February 2020, 14:52   #101
physcopanda
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Exeter
Posts: 7
Thanks Havie - I've got the AREXX working 100% - notepad++ to Blitz is perfect, it's the WinUAE side thats a problem. Even worse - running blitz 2.1 on my real amiga, it just software fails out the door.

I have a trapdoor 68030 accelerator and mem expansion and run using classicWB - so I will try a disk version of the base editor and work my way up from there. Wish I knew why it crashes so much.
physcopanda is offline  
Old 20 February 2020, 20:26   #102
Havie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 515
My WinUAE set up is:

68020 - fastest possible - no FPU or MMU
AGA chipset and Sprites and Sprites v Playfield
Compatible settings
3.1 rom
2mb chip and 8mb Z2 fast
NO RTG

Hope this is helpful.
Havie is offline  
Old 20 February 2020, 22:27   #103
jvdw007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by physcopanda View Post
OK - so I was wrong - it's still 100% flaky - crashes out of the debugger more than it works :-( hope I have more luck on the real hardware...
I just redid this by following the instructions in the PDf document. So I've done this both on a Win 7 pc and Win 10 laptop. I got everything working apart from autocomplete.
My Winuae setup is the same as Havie's. I've not messed with the debugger aspect yet, so can't expand on that experience. Saying that, I am planning on using the Win 10 laptop as my main Amiga gamedev box so will let you know how I get on.

IMO, the best thing you can do is start on Winuae with a basic A1200 setup and take it from there. I'm also running ClassicWB so it's certainly not that.

Oh, check you have the latest Winuae too, version 4.3 I think. Maybe you have an older version?
jvdw007 is offline  
Old 21 February 2020, 00:17   #104
jvdw007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Posts: 58
So to follow on, I had initial issues whereby np++ would tokenise, pass the code into rexx, update ted then compile and run. But then it would come up with Volume System is write protected. After some faffing about, it turned out it was because I had the .hdf system drive in the Winuae folder in Program files, which write protected it! Moving it out to the c: drive solved that problem. However, each time I do a build that runs the script in np++, it does everythign as before, but doesn't update the code inside Ted and doesn't run and compile. It only works the first time. Why would it work once and never again?? I had this problem before but don't think I ever solved it. Does anyone else have any idea why that would happen?
To clarify something.. The amiga folder is in Google drive, as are the source bb2 and win bb2 files as well as the batch script file that does the tokenisation etc.
I even matched the configs of Winuae with the same settings and config filenames between the desktop pc and laptop, yet on the desktop it can rebuild and rebuild no problems, but on the win 10 laptop it only builds once and never again.... Same .hdf system file, same source files, same configs... hmmm.. The reason I did it like this is so that I can dev on my desktop or laptop if I'm out and access the same system and files for easier game dev on the go..

Last edited by jvdw007; 21 February 2020 at 00:22.
jvdw007 is offline  
Old 21 February 2020, 14:34   #105
jvdw007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Posts: 58
Ok I figured it out. I was missing the last step in the Winuae config whereby you add "serial_translate=crlf_cr" to the config file manually. It's easy to miss and should be made bold in my opinion, as this caused me to be unable to build code more than once.
jvdw007 is offline  
Old 21 February 2020, 21:13   #106
physcopanda
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Exeter
Posts: 7
OK - I'm all working now - I've got a 68030 with 68882 FPU and MMU.
It's really odd though - every single compile it complains about not having enough object memory and eventually crashes.

I did have LOADNEW in my REXX script but I've since updated to LOAD and it made no difference. I'm sure I'm not getting multiple copies opening. (I was with LOADNEW)
physcopanda is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simple question regarding notepad and ram.. Dharma support.Apps 5 31 May 2015 22:03
Notepad++ BippyM Coders. Asm / Hardware 14 28 August 2014 03:42
does VASM support a pre-defined symbol identifying itself Apollo Coders. Asm / Hardware 2 09 December 2013 16:07
Faces which defined the Amiga Tolls Nostalgia & memories 25 02 June 2011 22:02
BB2 development LaundroMat Coders. General 10 01 October 2002 17:58

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.07108 seconds with 16 queries