English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 17 February 2020, 19:59   #21
mboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU! View Post
i very i have an 1084S-P1.

My memories were not good.
I tried to make a video but we hear nothing in fact unlike a VGA which makes a big noise, the 1084s makes a very slight hiss.

Thanks.

I will probably return it. When i have received it, a screw support was broken and the monitor case was kind of open on the right side. There were some black marks on that side too, that were impossible to be made on the shipping because the monitor was on bubble wrap (so there was no other object to transfer the back color to the monitor).

I think the seller is not playing fair. I could understand, if it was cheap, but that was not the case.
Old 20 February 2020, 00:22   #22
AmigaHope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboot View Post
Thanks.

I will probably return it. When i have received it, a screw support was broken and the monitor case was kind of open on the right side. There were some black marks on that side too, that were impossible to be made on the shipping because the monitor was on bubble wrap (so there was no other object to transfer the back color to the monitor).

I think the seller is not playing fair. I could understand, if it was cheap, but that was not the case.
Oh, well there you go. It was almost certainly dropped and something is physically out of alignment. The good news is that it's almost certainly repairable too with the right skills.
Old 20 February 2020, 12:20   #23
Hewitson

With a bit of luck someone may even have a dead monitor they'd be willing to give/sell to you cheaply that you could use to replace the case of yours.
Old 20 February 2020, 12:38   #24
A4000Bear

Looks like your problem is misadjustment of the purity magnets that are located on the deflection yoke on the CRT. They may have been bumped in transit.

It is easy to fix - if you know what you are doing. You need to be aware of dangerous high voltages in the area. Some instructions can be found at https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Setup...olour_Monitors

Scroll down to the purity adjustment section.
Old 20 February 2020, 15:06   #25
mboot

Well, i ended up returning it. Will try to compensate the seller later, maybe buying other stuff from him, because at the end he seems to be a nice guy and i know sometimes ebay can be hard for them too and sometimes they end up at loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
With a bit of luck someone may even have a dead monitor they'd be willing to give/sell to you cheaply that you could use to replace the case of yours.
Commodore monitors are not easy to come by here in Portugal, so that is very unlikely to happen. I was able to repair the case but the problem is the crt tube itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4000Bear View Post
Looks like your problem is misadjustment of the purity magnets that are located on the deflection yoke on the CRT. They may have been bumped in transit.

It is easy to fix - if you know what you are doing. You need to be aware of dangerous high voltages in the area. Some instructions can be found at https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Setup...olour_Monitors

Scroll down to the purity adjustment section.
I did try to play with that but without good results. I am aware that crt's can be extremely dangerous and even fatal, so even opening them freaks me out.

As i said i was able to eliminate the red spot with a magnet and leave it working for a night. In the morning it was still working ok. Then i turned it off and on again and the spot came back. Then i turned it on, removed the spot again, turned it off and on and it was good. Then i turned it off again and let it stay off for 30min. Turned it on and the spot was there. Never thought about it at the moment but, thinking about it now, it seems that the problem happens when the internal degaussing coil plays into action... I am not sure if i am explaining it well (english is not my first language).

After all is sad, because problems apart, the image was great.

By the way, thank you all for the help and feedback... It's good to know that this community is united

Last edited by mboot; 21 February 2020 at 18:44.