English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 16 January 2020, 00:31   #81
agermose
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Odense / Denmark
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Well done so far agermose

Stick at it; we all believe in you and know you'll succeed

...who cares if it takes longer than you originally thought; all projects go this way to a certain degree, depending on numerous uncontrollable factors
Thanks man. The support here on the forum means a lot.
agermose is offline  
Old 16 January 2020, 04:44   #82
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

turrican3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: belgium
Age: 44
Posts: 3,639
2 things are cool with this project :
1st everything seems smooth and the gfx look good.
2nd : the thread is very good everyone helping each others.
Respect
turrican3 is offline  
Old 17 January 2020, 23:09   #83
str0m
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 45
Retro Core just did a 1942 video showing a load of different versions

[ Show youtube player ]
str0m is offline  
Old 19 January 2020, 23:16   #84
agermose
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Odense / Denmark
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by str0m View Post
Retro Core just did a 1942 video showing a load of different versions

[ Show youtube player ]
Cool video. Amiga version summer 2020, fingers crossed
agermose is offline  
Old 20 January 2020, 15:49   #85
agermose
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Odense / Denmark
Posts: 46
Small update showing enemy bonus wave (using grey coloured planes for now).
Testing out new recording software. No more crappy handheld mobile phone videos.

[ Show youtube player ]
agermose is offline  
Old 04 March 2020, 16:24   #86
agermose
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Odense / Denmark
Posts: 46
It's been quiet on the project for a while due to workload at my day job. Then I had a Linux upgrade to take care of.
Back to development now, and worked on random number generator which is used for spawning enemies in a more random pattern, while still spawning 4 grey planes in each wave.
It's not arcade perfect but hey this is Amiga 1942, if you want arcade perfect get an emulator :-)

Also started working on enemy fire. This needs some tweaking, for now all planes shoot before looping, in the direction of the player plane.

[ Show youtube player ]
agermose is offline  
Old 08 March 2020, 18:55   #87
kriz
Junior Member
kriz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: No(R)Way
Age: 37
Posts: 2,560
Its shaping up nicely, good work and best of wishes for the complete port @agermose
kriz is offline  
Old 08 March 2020, 19:46   #88
mcgeezer
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 1,695
I can only agree, this is looking absolutely superb!
Really pleased I was part of your inspiration of this.
mcgeezer is offline  
Old 08 March 2020, 20:47   #89
jotd
This cat is no more
jotd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: FRANCE
Age: 48
Posts: 3,634
porting arcade games on amiga just rocks.
jotd is offline  
Old 08 March 2020, 21:52   #90
roondar
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,710
This is looking better all the time. I always liked 1942, looking forward to an Amiga version
roondar is offline  
Old 08 March 2020, 22:53   #91
agermose
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Odense / Denmark
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
I can only agree, this is looking absolutely superb!
Really pleased I was part of your inspiration of this.
Thanks, very much looking forward to your next project.
agermose is offline  
Old 09 March 2020, 22:42   #92
agermose
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Odense / Denmark
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz View Post
Its shaping up nicely, good work and best of wishes for the complete port @agermose
Thanks. Summer 2020 may not be possible with current project velocity, but I'll get the job done.
agermose is offline  
Old 22 March 2020, 17:34   #93
buzzybee
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Landsberg / Germany
Posts: 324
Nice project! @agermos: As for VASM vs. AsmPro – I coded RESHOOT R using AsmOne and work on Proxima 3 using a VASM setup. While VASM saves time, a well structured AsmOne-approach can be almost as fast.

I used a combination of FS-UAE and a set of selfmade macros which allowed me to
  • Save Sourcecode to a shared folder
  • Switch to FSUAE
  • Run AsmPro, load sourcecode, assemble it (and run it)

These steps took about 2s. While VASM can be faster and more versatile in certain cases, I do not find the difference as big. I also liked not only using FSUAEs debugger, which does a great job, but also AsmOnes builtin debugger within the Amiga-emulation.

So if you enjoy your setup and you find it fast and convenient enough for such a large project (it´s going to grow A LOT, you will see!) – why not stick with it.
buzzybee is offline  
Old 23 March 2020, 18:41   #94
agermose
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Odense / Denmark
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
Nice project! @agermos: As for VASM vs. AsmPro – I coded RESHOOT R using AsmOne and work on Proxima 3 using a VASM setup. While VASM saves time, a well structured AsmOne-approach can be almost as fast.

I used a combination of FS-UAE and a set of selfmade macros which allowed me to
  • Save Sourcecode to a shared folder
  • Switch to FSUAE
  • Run AsmPro, load sourcecode, assemble it (and run it)

These steps took about 2s. While VASM can be faster and more versatile in certain cases, I do not find the difference as big. I also liked not only using FSUAEs debugger, which does a great job, but also AsmOnes builtin debugger within the Amiga-emulation.

So if you enjoy your setup and you find it fast and convenient enough for such a large project (it´s going to grow A LOT, you will see!) – why not stick with it.

I have all my code in a folder based hard drive, so I can edit the files in Linux. And just do the assembly and testing in AsmOne. I'm running the development on a emulated A1200 with lots of fast ram. Compilation is pretty fast. Boot from HD is only a few seconds as well.
I like my current setup, and as you say, why not stick with it.

I downloaded the VASM source, and compiled it for 68k on my system. Will give it a spin later. Maybe I'll change my mind, once I start using it
agermose is offline  
Old 23 March 2020, 20:24   #95
alexh
Thalion Webshrine
alexh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oxford
Posts: 12,269
This was an interesting read, good stuff being done, but did anyone else come here thinking this would be a thread about monitors?
alexh is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1942 monitor mabus MarketPlace 4 20 March 2009 20:27
Schematic diagram of an Amiga 1942 or Amiga 1940 monitor Vaclav support.Hardware 0 18 May 2006 05:18
Any good 1942 conversions? Maverick Retrogaming General Discussion 9 04 September 2005 00:40
Looking for Battlehawks 1942 micktheodor request.Old Rare Games 1 03 September 2004 12:20

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08272 seconds with 16 queries