English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 18 December 2019, 11:58   #461
wairnair
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Budapest
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
You will still need to use some keys as obviously I couldn't map everything to a CD32 controller.

Thanks. OK, so it really isn't playable on a real CD32 with just a joypad.
I might play around with your .hdf then
wairnair is offline  
Old 18 December 2019, 12:04   #462
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
Thanks. OK, so it really isn't playable on a real CD32 with just a joypad.
I might play around with your .hdf then
I think it's quite playable with just the joypad; I've mapped all the main ship movements / weapons as best as I could given the limited number of buttons

So it's just stuff like the map, info etc. that you'll still need to use keys for.
DamienD is online now  
Old 18 December 2019, 23:30   #463
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,931
Heya wairnair,

I made some changes to the POP CD32 mappings today which I think you'd be interesting in doing yourself for your compilation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Today I played around with the "Prince of Persia [RTG] [ShapeShifter]" mappings

The game can now be started using the CD32 controller; you press "Reverse" and then "Forward".

Finally, as the "Green" button pauses the game, I've mapped the "Yellow" button to "<ESC>" to unpause.

Download from here and just extract into "C:\WinUAE"
Additional MacJoy keys you need to set are as follows:

Code:
REVERSE = 103
FORWARD = 54
YELLOW = 69
DamienD is online now  
Old 19 December 2019, 10:45   #464
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,931
Hmmm, just been thinking.

With Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and The Flame I might also map "<Right Amiga> --> Reverse" and "<M> --> <Forward>" so I can use the CD32 controller to get past frozen cut scenes
DamienD is online now  
Old 20 December 2019, 15:47   #465
Bren McGuire
Registered User

Bren McGuire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Croydon
Posts: 75
This makes me wish I had a TF330! How well do the games actually run like this? Anybody got a video of a real CD32 running any?
Bren McGuire is offline  
Old 21 December 2019, 09:31   #466
wairnair
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Budapest
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Hmmm, just been thinking.

With Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and The Flame I might also map "<Right Amiga> --> Reverse" and "<M> --> <Forward>" so I can use the CD32 controller to get past frozen cut scenes
OK, I'll check out your new mappings!
wairnair is offline  
Old 21 December 2019, 09:45   #467
wairnair
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Budapest
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
This makes me wish I had a TF330! How well do the games actually run like this? Anybody got a video of a real CD32 running any?
Well, it really depends on the game. 2D stuff like Prince of Persia and Blackthorne are very playable while 3D games and games that update a big part of the screen at a time are not so great.

Videos.. Mr. thairacerjp made one and posted one in this thread (page ~12):

[ Show youtube player ]
wairnair is offline  
Old 21 December 2019, 15:19   #468
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,931
Gaula92 sent me a PM asking where he can download the MAC .HDFs that I've created.

Obviously they are in my collection, but for anyone that doesn't use this...

I've now uploaded the following to the EAB File Server under ~Uploads/DamienD/HDFs

DamienD is online now  
Old 21 December 2019, 20:18   #469
wairnair
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Budapest
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
You will still need to use some keys as obviously I couldn't map everything to a CD32 controller.
Yeah, like Land request, Jump, Map, probably there's more. Thanks for the mappings though.
I put Escape Velocity in my compilation anyway in case I ever get a keyboard for the CD32

MEGA link to my compilation
wairnair is offline  
Old 21 December 2019, 22:09   #470
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
Yeah, like Land request, Jump, Map, probably there's more. Thanks for the mappings though.
"Land" and "Jump" are mapped my friend; see this post

...but yes, not enough buttons on a CD32 controller to handle this game without having to use keyboard also.
DamienD is online now  
Old 21 December 2019, 23:42   #471
wairnair
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Budapest
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
"Land" and "Jump" are mapped my friend; see this post

...but yes, not enough buttons on a CD32 controller to handle this game without having to use keyboard also.
Land Request isn't mapped, however, so I guess landing still isn't possible without a keyboard.
wairnair is offline  
Old 22 December 2019, 01:39   #472
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
Land Request isn't mapped, however, so I guess landing still isn't possible without a keyboard.
My friend, where do you see "Land Request" from below? There is only "Land".



I've successfully landed on the planet at the start of the game; you press the "Red" button when near the planet:



Then again once on top of it


Last edited by DamienD; 22 December 2019 at 01:44.
DamienD is online now  
Old 22 December 2019, 14:07   #473
wairnair
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Budapest
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
My friend, where do you see "Land Request" from below? There is only "Land"
The game requested to first do a land request then I can land. So I looked and it was "L". And I thought I didn't have a button for that, but turns out I really did since Land=Land Request=L=RED!
Silly me, sorry.

Have a nice holiday season
wairnair is offline  
Old 23 December 2019, 13:56   #474
Valken
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Amiga
Posts: 246
I wonder are there any good must have RPGs from the Mac? Would love to get a taste of those on the Amiga / WinUAE!
Valken is offline  
Old 25 December 2019, 10:29   #475
thairacerjp
Registered User

thairacerjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
Well, it really depends on the game. 2D stuff like Prince of Persia and Blackthorne are very playable while 3D games and games that update a big part of the screen at a time are not so great.

Videos.. Mr. thairacerjp made one and posted one in this thread (page ~12):

[ Show youtube player ]
Hi wairnair , Bren McGuire, another video show alone in the dark (3D) working not bad and also tennis open , for me I could not get blackThorne , did I need to use the hdf , original program get me error .

ALONE IN THE DARK & TENNIS OPEN on tf330

[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
thairacerjp is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civilization II for mac / shapeshifter trixster support.Games 50 20 July 2019 14:05
Looking for Mac HDF files (with games) for ShapeShifter. mingle Retrogaming General Discussion 28 09 October 2018 12:49
CPU idle setting and Shapeshifter/Mac emulation mark_k support.WinUAE 5 06 October 2017 19:04
Warcraft 2 Tides of Darkness Mac Shapeshifter tormentor22 support.Games 5 25 June 2017 14:25
Mac os 7.5.3 on shapeshifter _ThEcRoW support.Apps 23 09 March 2006 12:37

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10896 seconds with 16 queries