English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General > Coders. Releases

Old 13 November 2023, 18:50   #61
paraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
I have mouse/keyboard (WASD) and window/pixel sizes saved in my config - but iirc you have to do it from the main menu.

Yeah, saving explicitly at the main menu should work (does for me).
Old 15 November 2023, 13:09   #62
Jacques

I tried 060 binary yesterday and it works great, thanks!
Is there a possibility to widen FOV in the source-code, maybe? It always felt pretty narrow.
Old 15 November 2023, 19:11   #63
paraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
I tried 060 binary yesterday and it works great, thanks!
Is there a possibility to widen FOV in the source-code, maybe? It always felt pretty narrow.
That's probably *possible* But to be honest I'm not too interested in changing the game, just did a small drive-by fix. Source code is pretty approachable if anyone else is feeling like it though..
Old 15 November 2023, 20:58   #64
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraj View Post
That's probably *possible* But to be honest I'm not too interested in changing the game, just did a small drive-by fix. Source code is pretty approachable if anyone else is feeling like it though..
Perfectly understandable!

You already made game much more playable. I haven't tried latest exe yet, but it has mouse look with keeping speed? Are you planning release this to aminet.net etc?
Old 15 November 2023, 21:22   #65
paraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
Perfectly understandable!

You already made game much more playable. I haven't tried latest exe yet, but it has mouse look with keeping speed? Are you planning release this to aminet.net etc?
Latest build should perform exactly the same as before (let me now if it doesn't).
Never done a release on aminet before and wasn't really planing on doing it for this. I guess I would need a readme and stuff
Old 15 November 2023, 21:26   #66
Karlos
Alien Bleed

I wonder, you could probably write a CI hook that pushes a binary to aminet when tagging a release in GitHub
Old 16 November 2023, 12:55   #67
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

Quote:
Yes, LMB should work as a fire button, but the game didn't read it from HW directly instead of looking at input events. Should be fixed in attached executable.

Also added an option to use the mouse wrong (press Y to activate).

You can see which weapon is active in the panel, but apparently no other graphics changes.
Many thanks for the LMB fix and the option to invert the mouse.

Modern controls of mouse look and left-right strafing (and the abiity to look up and down) make this game so much more playable, IMHO.
Old 16 November 2023, 14:26   #68
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
Latest build should perform exactly the same as before (let me now if it doesn't).
Never done a release on aminet before and wasn't really planing on doing it for this. I guess I would need a readme and stuff
Very nice! I noticed one practical problem. The original game's firing speed was very low, and there were still issues with having enough ammunition. Have you increased the amount of ammo in the game itself and also in the shop, so that it would be possible to get 10x ammo with credits?
Old 16 November 2023, 14:32   #69
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Quote:
Very nice! I noticed one practical problem. The original game's firing speed was very low, and there were still issues with having enough ammunition. Have you increased the amount of ammo in the game itself and also in the shop, so that it would be possible to get 10x ammo with credits?
I don't think paraj has made any changes to the game, only to the engine and input handling.
Old 16 November 2023, 17:31   #70
paraj

Correct. I haven't made any (intentional) changes to the core game. I didn't even know there was a shop? How do you access it? I've just used cheat commands to test some basic stuff.
Old 16 November 2023, 18:58   #71
Dunny

Quote:
Correct. I haven't made any (intentional) changes to the core game. I didn't even know there was a shop? How do you access it? I've just used cheat commands to test some basic stuff.
Red computer displays on some walls. Walk up to them and hit use.
Old 16 November 2023, 19:30   #72
paraj

Quote:
Red computer displays on some walls. Walk up to them and hit use.
Thanks. Found one in level 2 quite easily with this hint.

It would probably not be a big deal to change something like that, but I'm reluctant to make actual game play changes. The "updated" version as it stands now is the same game just faster (on some machines) with a few QOL things. Changing other things like that (unless they're outright bugs in say v1.1 compared to v1.0) doesn't feel right to me since I don't know the game.

The situation with AB3DII-TKG is different since it's (currently) driven by a very knowledgeable player/modder (Karlos), who can make good decisions based on experience.

If "everyone" agrees that the game is just silly in some way, and you should get 10*x of something for doing whatever, I can probably be persuaded to fix it and/or make it optional, but please make it very clear what needs to be changed
Old 16 November 2023, 20:04   #73
Karlos
Alien Bleed

I don't know the game but it sounds like people are asking for a trainer feature.
Old 16 November 2023, 20:10   #74
paraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
I don't know the game but it sounds like people are asking for a trainer feature.
F9 gives you all keys and stocks up everything I know about (keys, weapons, credits etc.) and F10 grants invincibility. 8/9 completes levels/worlds. Any more training would involve me coming to their house and helping out.
Old 16 November 2023, 20:24   #75
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Quote:
F9 gives you all keys and stocks up everything I know about (keys, weapons, credits etc.) and F10 grants invincibility. 8/9 completes levels/worlds. Any more training would involve me coming to their house and helping out.

That does seem like it ought to be sufficient.
Old 16 November 2023, 20:35   #76
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
The firing speed is now like that of a machine gun, whereas in the original game, it was more akin to an ordinary rifle. It wasn't possible to shoot that fast originally. So it is much easier to use all the bullets too early.
Old 16 November 2023, 20:41   #77
paraj

Quote:
The firing speed is now like that of a machine gun, whereas in the original game, it was more akin to an ordinary rifle. It wasn't possible to shoot that fast originally. So it is much easier to use all the bullets too early.
Ah, I think I understand what you mean now. This was likely introduced by my attempt to make it more system friendly. I'll try to correct that.
Old 16 November 2023, 20:46   #78
Dunny

I've not noticed that you use ammo too quick; I'm on world 4 now (and yeah it's getting hard to play) but ammo has not been an issue so long as you aim.
Old 16 November 2023, 20:52   #79
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Quote:
...but ammo has not been an issue so long as you aim.
Get utri007 to the Burns Unit statim!
Old 16 November 2023, 21:22   #80
Karlos
Alien Bleed

It sounds like it's all based on frame counts if the game running at a higher frame rate has made the weapons go brrrrt.

AB3D2 has a similar problem, almost everything is based on the frame change. Slowly fixing it based on a more consistent EClock based time but not finished by a long chalk.