English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 12 May 2014, 15:16   #41
daxb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas1e View Post
- unpack somewhere
- hard reboot without running dopus5 (not in replacement mode, not from wb)
- "newcli"
- "assign dopus5: path_where_new_dopus5_placed"
- "cd dopus5:"
- "directoryopus"
I tried this but after launching directoryopus nothing (ok, adddatatypes requester appeared) happens (DOpus isn`t started, no menu, no button, nothing) but some fastmem was eaten eacht time I tried to launch directoryopus. At least there isn`t any crash/freeze.

The old assign isn`t the problem because I used directory for that assign (renamed the 5.82 and copied 5.90 to the assign directory).

I read on a1k.org forum that a user had similar problem on Peg-II with Os4.1.6. After start he got DSI DataStorageInput error.
Old 12 May 2014, 16:30   #42
kas1e

@Sandro
Quote:
using xadopen here it leads direct to a guru crash
but if works there maybe is xad library issue or 7zip module
which version of xad library are u using? which 7zip xad module version?
I currently test it on os4 (os3 version), where i have:

Quote:
6/20.RAM Disk: Dopus5> version full libs:xadmaster.library
xadmaster.library 13.1 (03/19/2006)
AmigaOS4 BETA (LGPL) by Dirk Stцcker <stoecker@epost.de>

6/0.RAM Disk: Dopus5> version full libs:xad/7z
7-Zip 2.4 (09/18/2010)
I also tried on my os3 winaue setup, but there i didn't have 7zip xad module installed. Will check if there any working one for os3. Did you have a link on xad-7zip for os3 ?

@daxb

Quote:
The old assign isn`t the problem because I used directory for that assign (renamed the 5.82 and copied 5.90 to the assign directory).
Can you try plz that version:
http://dopus5.org/downloads/nightly/..._os3_debug.lha

Quote:
I tried this but after launching directoryopus nothing (ok, adddatatypes requester appeared) happens (DOpus isn`t started, no menu, no button, nothing) but some fastmem was eaten eacht time I tried to launch directoryopus. At least there isn`t any crash/freeze.
Can you plz post there:

1. your s:startup-sequence
2. your s:user-startup
3. output of "assign" command typed in shell and redirected to some file.

But only full ones, without any cut parts.

Quote:
I read on a1k.org forum that a user had similar problem on Peg-II with Os4.1.6. After start he got DSI DataStorageInput error.
That intersting, as that is first os4 user who have problems. Can you point him to contact me at kas1e@yandex.ru plz ? I basically need from him the same 3 things. And i also need crashlog from debug version of his crash.

Last edited by kas1e; 12 May 2014 at 16:39.
Old 12 May 2014, 16:43   #43
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
@Sandro

I currently test it on os4 (os3 version), where i have:

I also tried on my os3 winaue setup, but there i didn't have 7zip xad module installed. Will check if there any working one for os3. Did you have a link on xad-7zip for os3 ?

here is ( is the one Im using)
attached here because aminet link is broken
Attached Files
File Type: zip xad7z.zip (52.7 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by Sandro; 12 May 2014 at 16:51.
Old 12 May 2014, 17:25   #44
kas1e

@Sandro
Did xad7z works for you at all ? I even can't make it works with plain workbench and "unarc" on 68k. My version of xadmaster.library are 10.0 (03/31/2001) , what your ?
Old 12 May 2014, 17:31   #45
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
@Sandro
Did xad7z works for you at all ? I even can't make it works with plain workbench and "unarc" on 68k. My version of xadmaster.library are 10.0 (03/31/2001) , what your ?
yes xad7z works with some 7z files but with other 7z files it crash to guru

xadmaster library version here is 12.1 (28/9/2003)
Old 13 May 2014, 07:36   #46
kas1e

@Sandro
Quote:
yes xad7z works with some 7z files but with other 7z files it crash to guru
Did you mean it crashes to guru just with pure workbench/unarc ? If so, then that issues with 68k xadmaster/xad7zip.
Old 13 May 2014, 12:45   #47
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
@Sandro

Did you mean it crashes to guru just with pure workbench/unarc ? If so, then that issues with 68k xadmaster/xad7zip.
yep you are right I tried unarc, it crashed not to guru but cashed anyways
that xad7z is very buggy I deleted it

btw,

trying to make a filetype to decrunch 7z files (drag and drop) using a cli program named 7za
seems there is a bug on dopus5 when open certain amigaDOS programs, in the case of this cli ouput says "7za failed return code 161"

I know the filetype I did is 100% OK because idem filetype works perfect on Dopus4.16, but on dopus 5 it doesn't

can you help please to solve this/to fix this bug to make a filetype for 7z files?
Old 13 May 2014, 17:49   #48
daxb

I got 5.90/5.91 working but found a problem with FastIPrefs 40.36b its DOpus5Patch. Without DOpus starts. If you want to check this out get it from aminet.

I want like to know which modules (e.g. parent.module), Scripts, tools (e.g. the xad stuff), ... is replaced by 5.90+ or isn`t needed more. Would help in merging versions together. The recommend use 5.90+ as basis isn`t good.

Havn`t checked ViewFont but I always missed the possibility to change font text color and maybe background color.
Old 13 May 2014, 19:08   #49
sneeker

Like this a lot, Running fine on my 030/40.
Get the background colour crash problem on my machine as well.

Only question is, is it possible to copy the buttons from my ClassicWB opus config to opus 5? Got them installed in seperate directorys so can still use both of them..

Or even just copy the Arc Ext button across, as Im still a complete newbie with regards to opus.
Old 14 May 2014, 07:39   #50
kas1e

@Sandro
Quote:
trying to make a filetype to decrunch 7z files (drag and drop) using a cli program named 7za
seems there is a bug on dopus5 when open certain amigaDOS programs, in the case of this cli ouput says "7za failed return code 161"

I know the filetype I did is 100% OK because idem filetype works perfect on Dopus4.16, but on dopus 5 it doesn't

can you help please to solve this/to fix this bug to make a filetype for 7z files?
Can you plz attach your 7za there, so i can play with ?

@DaxB

Quote:
I got 5.90/5.91 working
Can you say plz what problem was (so we can fix it) ? Is it still was assigns problem ? (if so, we already deal with). As i see on a1k.org problem for that user was exactly about which i told : assings to old directory. Probably he may copy some old C or LIBS files to his own C/LIBS on system.

In last few days we add some code, which:

1). when you run dopus5 , it automatically will reassing to progdir:
2). added more versioning checks for libs and modules. So even if something will going wrong (like you have old libs/modules in the system:libs/ or something, it will take care of it too

Quote:
but found a problem with FastIPrefs 40.36b its DOpus5Patch. Without DOpus starts. If you want to check this out get it from aminet.
Will check

Quote:
I want like to know which modules (e.g. parent.module), Scripts, tools (e.g. the xad stuff), ... is replaced by 5.90+ or isn`t needed more. Would help in merging versions together.
3d party Parent.module not need it anymore : its functional in the dopus5 code itself now.
3d party xadopus.module not need it anymore : we now got sources of it from original author, rewrite it to gcc, fix bugs, update by few features and use it in dopus5 by default now.

Scripts/tools - if there is no new versions of them in 5.90, then just add them and check.

Quote:
The recommend use 5.90+ as basis isn`t good.
The use of 5.9x as base are necessary now. Because of cross-platform reassons we had to change some things, so users need use 5.90, and then step by step add from their old installs things step by step.

Its not that we just "update" 5.82, 5.90 just fully new version, kind of new start, where language changed, all code changed, so take it as new version which should be installed from scratch (if you check docs from original authors back in past, they ask users to do the same between major versions).

Quote:
Havn`t checked ViewFont but I always missed the possibility to change font text color and maybe background color.
Check it plz, if it luck some functional, then i can create BZ about and probably we can implement it soon or later.

@Sneeker
Quote:
Get the background colour crash problem on my machine as well.
Yeah, i can reproduce it on any setup, hope in next days we will fix it.

Quote:
Only question is, is it possible to copy the buttons from my ClassicWB opus config to opus 5? Got them installed in seperate directorys so can still use both of them..

Or even just copy the Arc Ext button across, as Im still a complete newbie with regards to opus.
Should be fine yep

Last edited by kas1e; 14 May 2014 at 07:55.
Old 14 May 2014, 11:55   #51
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
@Sandro

Can you plz attach your 7za there, so i can play with ?

@DaxB

ok sir
uploaded 7za + filetype who I designed to decrunch 7z files (drag and drop from 1 lister to other)
idem filetyetype works perfect on dopus 4.16,but on dopus 5: error 161
Attached Files
File Type: zip 7za+filetype.zip (688.6 KB, 105 views)
Old 14 May 2014, 16:20   #52
daxb

Here it doesn`t work after start without S-S after setpatch and some other stuff that follows. I guess some assigns, env or other is needed for dopus5. Can`t remember but at some point it worked. Then there was the FastIPrefs DOppus5Patch that fails DOpus5. It seemed that when 5.90+ is started that also stuff from WBStartup (e.g. a ARexx script. Don`t know what happens without RexxMast) is launched what might make problems. Refer to 5.82 docs WBStartup lauches only when LoadDB is used. I`ve the old LoadDB in C: what might be bad (don`t know if 5.90+ touch it). At the moment I`m not interested to investigate that. DOpus5 isn`t made to work like that, right?

Version checks are good!

I don`t know about a 3d party xadopus.module but the xadopus.module could have conflicts with ArcDir.dopus5 and ArcDir_xad.dopus5

I`m irresolute going 5.90+ and still using 5.82 (never change a running system) so cannot help/test so far.

You may test this in a shell:
Code:
rx "OPTIONS RESULTS; ADDRESS DOPUS.1; LISTER NEW FROMICON 'SYS:Prefs'; handle=RESULT; LISTER WAIT handle; LISTER CLOSE handle"
It should open Prefs window, show icons and then close it. Using Environment/workbench from AmiKit DOpus5 install it open the window and immediately close it (without show the icons). This is strange and shouldn`t be.

If you choose a directory without an icon (e.g. no SYS:Prefs.info present) I get a MuForce hit.
Old 15 May 2014, 12:33   #53
kas1e

@Sandro

Quote:
failed returncode 161 amigaos
All i found, is that programs that use the ixemul.library can often fail with a return code of 161 (which seems to be a bug in ixemul.library startup code). I found ppls have the same problems with "ffmpeg" 68k binary back in past. Probably that worth of investigate , but as fast workoround to make it works right now, you can just add RUN before command, i.e. working one will be :

Quote:
{AmigaDOS} RUN >NIL: c:7za x {f}
tested on my winaue/5.90 : works.

What bug exactly in , and is it indeed bug in ixemul or not, dunno for now.

@Daxb
Quote:
Here it doesn`t work after start without S-S after setpatch and some other stuff that follows. I guess some assigns, env or other is needed for dopus5. Can`t remember but at some point it worked.
Yeah, that what i call mess and mix. As told many times : new version should be installed _from scratch_ , without previous 5.82. Sorry, but that is. No old assigns, no old envs, nothing from old 5.82 version. Everything should be new, sorry. There was reasons for that.

Quote:
DOpus5 isn`t made to work like that, right?
It was designed like this before, and designed like this now. It was recommended even before when ppls migrate from 5.5 to 5.8 to re-install all from scratch and the same is necessary now. I know some may be upset because their old settings may fucks in one or another way, but such a live, want progress: deal with such moments (or use old version always).

Quote:
(don`t know if 5.90+ touch it).
You don't need to know it. You should not have _anything_ from dopus5.82 at first, if you want to use new versions at all. If you have problems with it, then indeed stick with 5.82.

No old LoadDB should be used (you can check yourself content of 5.90, if there is new LoadDB, then there is new LoadDB, and you can't use old one , its different, for different and old version). All files in 5.90 should be used ! No and no of any of your old ones ! No dopusrt, no loaddb, not viewfont, no old modules, no old library, no old main binary, no old hacks, no old patches. Only fresh. Pure, clean, 5.90. And only after it fully works, without problems, only then, you may start to add thing by thing from everywhere, to check if it will works at all or not.

Dopus5.9x are new version. With changes structures, codes, languages, scripts, all kind of shit changed to make it be crossplatform, easy mantained and worked everywhere. Its just unpossible with all that changes and rewrites to keep backward compatibility everywhere. Some 3d party patches, modules will not works at all. Library totally rewritten, modules rewritten, all done to be fine on next updates, but not to keep compatibility with 5.82, because one or two 68k users just can't pack it all, save, clean and install new version.

If you want at all new versions, you should start from clean thing. And install it from scratch, like you first time install it. If that unacceptable for you, then yes, better to use 5.82 for all the times.

Probably later, we may look at creating some sort of script for 68k users to allow update/installing of new version autmatically, but that not priority now (as we have good bunch of real bugs to fix, and hope 68 users can at moment install it as we ask).

Quote:
I don`t know about a 3d party xadopus.module but the xadopus.module could have conflicts with ArcDir.dopus5 and ArcDir_xad.dopus5
Since 5.90, xadopus.module are default, coming by default, and all archives setuped to use xadopus.module.

You can change it to use ARC scripts or whatever (they come with 5.90 as well), just you do it manually, and if you wish it. But defaults are defaults, and they should be. Later user can set it all as he wish.

Quote:
It should open Prefs window, show icons and then close it. Using Environment/workbench from AmiKit DOpus5 install it open the window and immediately close it (without show the icons). This is strange and shouldn`t be.
I do not understand what you mean. Did you mean that it works wrong on Amikit's dopus5.82 and on your dopus5.82 ? Or it works wrong on 5.90 only ?

Quote:
If you choose a directory without an icon (e.g. no SYS:Prefs.info present) I get a MuForce hit.
In what version ? 5.82 from amikit ? What you mean by "choice directory" ? Mark it ? Going to it ?

Last edited by kas1e; 15 May 2014 at 12:46.
Old 15 May 2014, 14:26   #54
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
@Sandro

All i found, is that programs that use the ixemul.library can often fail with a return code of 161 (which seems to be a bug in ixemul.library startup code). I found ppls have the same problems with "ffmpeg" 68k binary back in past. Probably that worth of investigate , but as fast workoround to make it works right now, you can just add RUN before command, i.e. working one will be :

tested on my winaue/5.90 : works.

What bug exactly in , and is it indeed bug in ixemul or not, dunno for now.
thanks sir it works now
problem is 7za runs in background there is not output window/progress indicator because you added NIL:
I wonder why on dopus 4 works perfect but on Dopus 5 needs run >nil:
maybe you can fix that
Old 15 May 2014, 15:56   #55
kas1e

@Sandro
NIL not necessary of course, it just i offten do it like this You can just do of course:

Quote:
{AmigaDOS} RUN c:7za x {f}
So output/progress window will be visibly
Old 15 May 2014, 18:21   #56
daxb

Quote:
Yeah, that what i call mess and mix. As told many times : new version should be installed _from scratch_ , without previous 5.82. Sorry, but that is. No old assigns, no old envs, nothing from old 5.82 version. Everything should be new, sorry. There was reasons for that.
Hmm... it seems you misunderstand what I mean or tried to explain (bad?). I start without S-S and then lauch 5.90+ (own directory of course). So there is (can`t be) no mix of any kind. At this point 5.90+ don`t start, just eat some fastram each time lauched. Same after SetPatch. Same after next stuff from my S-S. I did a manual lauch and after each S-S line I tried to start 5.90+. While doing this I found the FastIPrefs DOpus5Patch problem.

What I mean with "DOpus5 isn`t made to work like that, right?" was that it doesn`t start after start without S-S and type "pathtoDOpusirectoryOpus". Later (at some point in S-S) it works. So I guess some OS3 stuff (assings?) is needed for 5.90+. I wondered already that you told me (your post #35) to start 5.90+ in this way because I never awaits that it works. Maybe you mean from WB (isn`t possible here for some reason. Would need new clean install).

I never mixed 5.82 with 5.90+! You don`t need to tell this several times. The only "problems" I had was dopus5.library I had in libs: but I had removed it. Later I noticed that there is a patch entry (DOpus5:C). However, everything removed now.

About LoadDB:
This might be a bug in DOpus5 or a "bug" in the 5.82 docs, because they wrote LoadDB (start as WB-Replacement) start DOpus5 and SYS:WBStartup. While my tests I noticed that start of "Directoryopus" (stand alone, no WB-Replacement) also starts SYS:WBStartup. Maybe you mean/understand DOpus5:WBStartup? So you may check for possible bug.

Quote:
I do not understand what you mean. Did you mean that it works wrong on Amikit's dopus5.82 and on your dopus5.82 ? Or it works wrong on 5.90 only ?
It works here with 5.82 (not tested on 5.90+) as expected. PeterK send me the Amikit (don`t know which version) DOpus5 "workbench" config because it didn`t worked for him. When I load the Amikit "workbench" config on my system it didn`t work here too.

"LISTER NEW FROMICON 'SYS:Prefs'":
Check out "lister new" from DOpusM2_ARexx.guide 57.6:
fromicon - will open the new lister using the size and position information from the specified directory's icon (only if a path is specified and an icon exists). Eg, lister new fromicon sys:tools

I get the MuForce hit on my system using 5.82 (no amikit) when the chosen <path> (directory) has no icon. Just create a directory somewhere without icon and use it as <path>. I only mentioned this because you wrote that you plan to release a bufix version soon.

Hope this clears some misunderstandings.
Old 16 May 2014, 02:19   #57
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
@Sandro
NIL not necessary of course, it just i offten do it like this You can just do of course:

So output/progress window will be visibly
well done master
it works now and output windows is visible,yet is not a 100 fix because adding run command destination dir or source directories are not refreshed after 7za decrunched all the files
yet you need to refresh the lister manually to see the extracted files
Old 16 May 2014, 11:18   #58
squidbass

Not working for me...

cd System: Dopus5
System: Dopus5>DirectoryOpus
DirectoryOpus: file is not executable

System: Dopus5>list DirectoryOpus
DirectoryOpus 506732 ----rwed 10-May-80 12:58
1 file - 991 blocks used

Very strange..is it because I'm only AGA and RTG?

Works in WinUAE though :-)

Squidbass

Last edited by squidbass; 16 May 2014 at 11:37.
Old 17 May 2014, 16:25   #59
vikingo

fantastic!!!!! LIVE AMIGA RULEZ !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 19 May 2014, 11:49   #60
kas1e

@daxb
Quote:
I start without S-S and then lauch 5.90+
Ok, got what you mean. Right, 5.82 runs without s-s fine, but 5.90+ nope. We will check, and if possible fix it (or at least give info why it can't be like this with new version or what should be loaded before). gcc library startup code really different and more hardcore in compare with how sasc shared libs done, so there can be moments.

As for loaddb and stuff you got from amikit: we will check it a bit later, there is a bit of issues we works out to make fastfix (5.91), so step by step.

@squidbass
Quote:
System: Dopus5>DirectoryOpus
DirectoryOpus: file is not executable
Strange, probably it was broken archive, or too old / or broken unpacker was in use (at least i tried right now on ks3.0 / 020 without and with startup-sequence and binary runs fine). There is some too old 68k lha unpackers which can play games with too recent lha packers on unixes (which we use to pack it all). Aga and RTG all should be fine of course as before with 5.82