English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 14 October 2008, 17:41   #1
Cammy

ProTracker Mod music required desperately for Halloween Nightmare game

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there were any mod musicians out there who would like to compose some music for a game we're making. We want to try and get a small game out for Halloween and we really need some music for it. It needs to be in ProTracker format, preferably 3 channels but the fourth can be used too, it's just that unless there's a free channel, the sound effects will cut out an instrument. Everyone probably already knows that though.

As for the music, I'd love it to sound kind of like a movie soundtrack or a modern game soundtrack. New instruments, not old samples from recordings made 20 years ago or ripped from SEUCK. Classical with a beat. If you've ever heard any of Danny Elfman's music, you may know what I'm looking for. The music would be different from level to level of course, and be fitting to the situation. Since there's lots of horror themes in Halloween, maybe lots of strings and pipe organs.

I have uploaded some sample MP3s to a FTP site from some movie soundtracks which I hope might inspire someone to write some music for the game. I've also put the current two mods there, which were made for the demo of the game last year.

In my next post I will make a list of the different levels for which the music needs to be made, but to get a general idea, in this game you will be fighting ghosts, zombies, skeletons, going in haunted mansions, graveyards, suburban towns, cities, pirate docks, and all sorts of Halloweeny locations.

You can get the MP3s and mods from Magix' FTP server - http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=38697 - They're in a directory called Rare MP3.

Thanks!

Last edited by Cammy; 25 February 2010 at 21:04.
Old 18 October 2008, 11:02   #2
cosmiq

Sounds interesting.. Despite the fact that I'm in the middle of a movement, and do not have lots of time, I would love to pick up some oldskool tracking again. Nowadays I only work with a modern tracker (renoise), but I could use some of the tools to create the basic instruments. The description you gave remind me to Ghouls n Ghosts... nice!