English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 14 September 2018, 19:03   #41
supaduper

Hiya guys nice work !

Anyways I burned an ISO of TZ and put in my Cd32 and it was taking a million years to load !,hmm thought to myself bad burn or crap CD`s
So forgot about it...then when I was testing a TF328 just built I had the top cover still connected but lifted away from the base....then I heard the TZ CD load and it came up perfic on the screen.. puzzled me
So tried it with cover back on and it took forever ..top cover up loads no prob, tried this a few times and each case was the same.......so me thinks `Whats occurin` are we have a disturbance in the Force !.

Brainwave .perhaps its the Metal cover over the mobo and it is close to the CD drive when the lid is close.

Long story..longer ::
I then put some A4 paper cut to size between the metal cover and the CD drive for insulation ..closed the case and rebooted the Trucker ...and ....Yatzi..bingo...winner winner chicken dinner it works perfic

So to sum up, do we a ESD prob in our CD32`s ? ,I.E from commodore ..bad design ?

answers on a postcard to Hugh Mungus, letsbe Avenue, Dorksbury !!
Old 15 September 2018, 08:27   #42
wairnair

Unfortunately this disc produces the same glitches and graphical artifacts. My ship disappeared, there were 1px high blinking lines in the background here and there and finally got a big vertical line too. Thanks for your effort, but it seems we just have to let this one go (until someone makes a 030+ accerelator again for the cd32).
Old 15 September 2018, 10:05   #43
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
Unfortunately this disc produces the same glitches and graphical artifacts. My ship disappeared, there were 1px high blinking lines in the background here and there and finally got a big vertical line too. Thanks for your effort, but it seems we just have to let this one go (until someone makes a 030+ accerelator again for the cd32).
Welp. It was worth a try I guess. Thanks for testing
Old 10 March 2019, 20:13   #44
thairacerjp

Hi EAROK, i think we can make a new thread for the TF330 version cause i have tested this game for 2 days (your version earok, the last one) , playing level one, two without any problem, any glitches, just perfect !! if someone could do something for have music, it would be awesome
Old 11 March 2019, 09:24   #45
wairnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
Hi EAROK, i think we can make a new thread for the TF330 version cause i have tested this game for 2 days (your version earok, the last one) , playing level one, two without any problem, any glitches, just perfect !! if someone could do something for have music, it would be awesome
Yeah that would be awesome. It also needs a button mapping for the secondary weapon and perhaps another mapping to be able to pause/quit.

(as for the music: there's an installer on the disc that installs some driver that's supposed to remedy the cd audio issue. I think that was made for the original version of the game. Then there was a patch issued that was supposed to fix the cd audio issue without the driver. So in theory one of those (or maybe the combination of both) could fix it.)
Old 11 March 2019, 13:43   #46
thairacerjp

Hi wainair, I have tested (see the first post of this thread) all patches and never had the music, it need a special
Driver cause It ’s a Amiga CD game .

Last edited by thairacerjp; 11 March 2019 at 19:16.
Old 17 March 2019, 09:48   #47
wairnair

Quote:
Hi wainair, I have tested (see the first post of this thread) all patches and never had the music, it need a special
Driver cause It ’s a Amiga CD game .
I remember to have had CD music for T0 under winuae, but never on the real thing.
The cd32 is an A1200+CD after all, so amiga cd titles should run. I'll experiment and let you know about my findings.
Old 23 March 2019, 00:07   #48
Wachi

With the 1200 I was able to make the game work with the audio cd, taking the audio from the cdrom and taking it to a small sound mixer, but with the Cd32 I tried in a thousand ways and it was impossible.
Well, this allowed me to find an Audio CD player for CD32, if someone wants to try it it's http://aminet.net/package/disk/cdrom/CD-TOPV20
Old 23 March 2019, 09:13   #49
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachi View Post
With the 1200 I was able to make the game work with the audio cd, taking the audio from the cdrom and taking it to a small sound mixer, but with the Cd32 I tried in a thousand ways and it was impossible.
Well, this allowed me to find an Audio CD player for CD32, if someone wants to try it it's http://aminet.net/package/disk/cdrom/CD-TOPV20
same me i tried many players and CD-TOPV20 working good ! hope one day someone will find the way to have this nice game with CD track on CD32, cause even with a TF330 when you use this player, it use to much cpu cycles and the system is too slow.

Last edited by thairacerjp; 16 April 2019 at 18:58.
Old 16 April 2019, 18:36   #50
killego

Quote:
How did you succeed? I couldn't get it run on the same configuration....have you tried booting from the hard disk or from the CD?
Old 16 April 2019, 19:04   #51
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by killego View Post
How did you succeed? I couldn't get it run on the same configuration....have you tried booting from the hard disk or from the CD?
from the CD version optimized by Earok :
https://mega.nz/#!x7YF1aBJ!xTLHirq5F...7G6BPgn6ghH2T0

playing from CD cause playing from the hdf version, i have several bugs.
Old 18 April 2019, 20:00   #52
killego

Yes, It works, tks! However, It Is normal that I can't choose the story mode, that continues are limited to 3 and the game starts from level 4?
Old 25 February 2020, 23:35   #53
thairacerjp

Just a little up of this thread, when you will have time my sir EAROk, if you could do another try on this game, it working very good now on 68030 with your last realize , but the lack of music is such a pity, it's one of the best looking shoot for "CD32" (amigacd) .but really appreciated your hard work and know you working hard on scorpion engine .
Old 02 March 2020, 11:24   #54
wairnair

I'm still interested, too

To sum up (and I'm shamelessly aiming to motivate mr. Earok or one of the gurus), the game would be a perfect CD32 release for 030+. All it needs is
  • the bomb (special fire) mapped to a button on the pad
  • perhaps another button mapped to 'ESC'
  • CDDA music working, there must be a way if it works on the A1200
  • be able to boot from CD (already done, though it's quite slow)
Old 21 March 2021, 20:49   #55
jotd
This cat is no more

I may have a crack at it, but I'd need the original CD image.

Also I see that a whdload slave has been done, but I think it's for the demo version. Is the full version any different?
Old 21 March 2021, 21:55   #56
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

It's on the FTP under Non-TOSEC isos section. Good luck with this one, it's been a long time that some guys want to run it on their CD32 with CDDA audio

Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfp...ew?usp=sharing

According to HOL, there is also an update that can be downloaded from the HOL page (version 1.01), i don't know if it's useful for you, as it seems to fix bugs with CCDA on some configs

Last edited by Rochabian; 21 March 2021 at 22:57.
Old 23 March 2021, 01:33   #57
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
For the record, RELEC used to sell the game on a custom CD-Rom circa 2007, I think that's the reason Retroplay (and before him KG) used the demo instead of the full game. The pre-release was called TraumaZero. Now, the demo ? Well, it consists in... What the name implies, a demo of the game (playable, but very limited in scope). Also, I am a huge fan of the game.

Last edited by SquawkBox; 24 March 2021 at 06:40.
Old 24 March 2021, 10:37   #58
thairacerjp

the update 1.01 is for fix some bugs :
Quote:
This update should fix the CD Audio problem with IDE-fix controlled
CD-Rom drives, so you should be able to enjoy the cool T-zer0
soundtrack.
i have ide-fix on my CD32 but if I not wrong it's for atapi/scsi devices, CD32 have a sort of akiko priority driver, hope one day..... cause this game Rock and the musics are outstanding
Old 26 April 2021, 09:39   #59
opossumita

Can anyone re-up AmigaJay's image? The link has expired. Thanks.
Old 29 April 2021, 01:22   #60
Cobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
I may have a crack at it, but I'd need the original CD image.

Also I see that a whdload slave has been done, but I think it's for the demo version. Is the full version any different?
What you think about this.

I was thinking some time ago to make some snoop util that would forward io from atapi.device to cd.device. But my knowledge is limited to Blitz. So I didnt get too far. Plus I think game wont send any io cause it would fail in opening device. So we'd actually need some fake atapi for cd32... Way beyond my knowledge...

I dont know how much system friendly T Zero is but there are more than few cd games with cdda in second half of the 90s that would work this way I think.