English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 09 February 2020, 21:04   #1
arnljot

OSX Mouse problem

FS-Uae 3.0.2

If I leave mouse at default on my mac book pro, I can't double click. Single click almost works, meaning it sometimes works. Clicking madly on the mouse might give me a double click...
[ Show youtube player ]

If I set the mouse to my BLE mouse:
[ Show youtube player ]

It works ok when FS-UAE is active, but when I cmd-tab out of it to do something in osx, the mouse inside fs-uae still reacts, which can lead to catastrophic errors on the amiga side.
Old 10 February 2020, 09:59   #2
Hewitson

Try disabling FS-UAE Input monitoring.

Settings > Security & Privacy > Input Monitoring.
Old 07 March 2020, 21:27   #3
KenBotwinick

I have the same weird mouse problem where even if I change window focus to another app, my mouse movements and clicks are still tracked in the Amiga emulator. This is very odd. I have Mojave not Catalina, so I don't even have Settings > Security & Privacy > Input Monitoring as an option to double check.

This seems very basic that when the Amiga window loses focus that it should stop tracking the mouse. What are we missing?
Old 07 March 2020, 21:51   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

It will continue to track the mouse if you choose a lowlevel mouse device instead of the "system mouse". This tracking issue will be fixed in a later release.

But using the "macOS mouse" device should not cause tracking to continue when focusing another app.

If it still does, can you see if releasing the input grab helps? Press Cmd+G (or middle mouse button if you have a 3-button mouse) to release the mouse before switching to another app.
Old 17 March 2020, 10:42   #5
KenBotwinick

Thanks for the reply and developing this great software.

Using "Default (Mouse: OS X Mouse)" does work to correct this issue. Unfortunately, it has its own problem which is why I guess I stopped using it. When using the default, if I right click the menus show up, but then I can't keep the right click pressed down and move the mouse to a menu entry. When I'm right clicked, mouse movement is frozen. So I use "Mouse: USB RECEIVER" instead and then it works as expected to right click and pick menu entries. But then I have the tracking issue. Obviously I need the menus to work, so that's the one I pick.