English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 17 August 2017, 06:19   #981
HardStep

Tape down the fire button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigoun View Post
I wonder, could it be done to add turbofire support for CD32Load? Because CD32 gamepad do not have this feature, it would be great to have it supported in software.
Anyway thanks for working on this great app.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 August 2017, 11:03   #982
earok

@HardStep not quite an autofire makes it so that shooting games that require a tap (repeated button down and button up) can be done with just holding the button down. It really does make a difference in certain games.

The Honeybee control does it perfectly - all seven buttons can be set to either rapid or auto fire. Setting the pause button to auto = slow motion.

@JOTD - Barbarian (Palace) is on my wishlist, Is there any chance you could look into that whenever you've got free time? I hope I'm not being a huge dick by bringing it up again, especially after all of the awesome work you've done lately.
Old 18 August 2017, 13:16   #983
amigoun

And not everyone has Honeybee
Old 18 August 2017, 14:29   #984
jotd
Cat freak

Earok
. No. I was hoping for an update of your wishlist. Btw curse of ra is now working but needs vk for codes and needs testing on real HW.
Also, is there any DOS/aga games that need cd32 pad mapping? I got the idea for another program like fakepad but in reverse.

I have updated the googledocs spreadsheet. No second prize, Flashback, odyssey, work. Push over works on dev version, and I m improving exe reloc again to make Slamtilt and lionheart work (psygore installs without public source, a pleasure...)

Maybe in some other cd32 thread that already exists...

Last edited by jotd; 18 August 2017 at 14:35.
Old 19 August 2017, 05:19   #985
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Earok
Also, is there any DOS/aga games that need cd32 pad mapping? I got the idea for another program like fakepad but in reverse.
I'm assuming (apologies if this is wrong) you're essentially planning to do something like Joy2Key2, except for non-system friendly games? (Hijacking the VBLANK etc)

The Strangers - http://hol.abime.net/2132
Final Odyssey - http://hol.abime.net/542

I honestly can't think of any others than that right now, but I'll post here when they come to mind!

Edit: COALA, I think I tried Joy2Key2 in the past with no success. Having said that, by virtue of being a flight sim it may have too many keyboard controls to be playable on a pad (at least without a modifier key, like Wing Commander and Gunship 2000)

Edit 2: Come to think of it, a few non-AGA flight sims are similar to COALA in that they're both DOS booting and don't work with Joy2Key2 (Their Finest Hour springs to mind). Though virtually any flight sim would probably require more keys to map than the pad has.

Last edited by earok; 19 August 2017 at 09:04.
Old 19 August 2017, 09:58   #986
jotd
Cat freak

Yeah, something like that now that we know how to send low-level key events (thanks to Toni).

I was thinking of AGA whdload installed games (using kickemu) that could benefit from this treatment.

You're right about Flight Sims, though. Running on a console requires some rationalized controls, which flight sims don't have.
Old Yesterday, 19:28   #987
jotd
Cat freak

CD32Load 0.33 available on my webpage.

lots of new games working now.
Old Yesterday, 20:10   #988
spudje

Awesome work, I should revisit the games I tested on cd32 + sx32 cf to see how they benefit from the new version.
AdSense AdSense