English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 20 April 2008, 18:38   #141
TheBoss

Send a message via ICQ to TheBoss
Very nice keropi you rule!
I have a few of them myself like Dungeon Master II, GOB1-3 and Shadow Warrior, awesome game! "You no mess with Lo Wang"
3DRealms released a free add-on pack, Wanton Destruction long after the game was out, you can download it freely.

Psygnosis Intertaintment Pack from 1993 containing Obitus & Atomino
Old 20 April 2008, 19:00   #142
keropi

LOL TheBoss , I have posted more pics of my collection on a Greek forum HERE
I have lots more, and many more worthy rpg's now... I think I have about ~100 complete boxed games...
Old 20 April 2008, 19:10   #143
Bloodwych

Man, just looking through this thread makes me realise how much I love the old box art.
Old 20 April 2008, 19:57   #144
TheBoss

You have huge collection keropi I just checked the link, wow
Below are some more games from my collection.

North & South PC CD-ROM

Very popular game on the Amiga, this CD edition seems to be from 1995 but does not change the fact that Amiga version is superior with gfx/sound.
Amiga version: - PC version:

Global Domination from 1995

Released on both Amiga and PC I was surprised to find this as a PC CD edition although it does not seem to have enhancements, almost 3MB data on cd
Old 20 April 2008, 20:10   #145
keropi

lol, the CD-ROM fad of those days....
Old 21 April 2008, 08:04   #146
EmuChicken

north and south on a CD?!?

wwhhhhaaaaaaatttt!?
Old 22 April 2008, 11:06   #147
TheBoss

If you think North & South CD is "wwhhhhaaaaaaatttt!?", look below for something similar, lol. It's sad when they decide to upgrade these classic titles for the CD media and do not add to the game itself, it's still the basic 16 colors and old style PC sound for North & South = Disk port. At the bare minimum they could have included demos or other full games as bonus.

Silent Service II CD edition from 1992

Operation Combat II v1.0 CD edition from 1995 I believe.

2 good war games from the Amiga originally and at least these 2 PC versions do seems to be equal but no enhancements to note of.
Old 10 May 2008, 12:53   #148
TheBoss

Lets see some more pic's of games! so I will start of with...

Falcon v3.0 (actually v3.05) - includes 2 player modem version)

MegaTraveller 1 and 2 on same CD.
Old 10 May 2008, 14:51   #149
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Damn, I've bought tons of PC games lately but yet I have no pics of them

Must join this thread too

*stay tuned* pics will come
Old 14 May 2008, 19:57   #150
TheBoss

Good I await some nice games and pics AMIGAZ
Here is something in the meantime to checkout!

Supaplex on CD!

I notice the manual is larger then the game (1MB) and I'm having problems getting sound to work using dosbox, hmm

Turrican II

Great game as always but it would have been nice with cd audio tracks to enhance the great music even further.
Old 14 May 2008, 20:09   #151
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Good I await some nice games and pics AMIGAZ
Here is something in the meantime to checkout!

Supaplex on CD!

I notice the manual is larger then the game (1MB) and I'm having problems getting sound to work using dosbox, hmm

Turrican II

Great game as always but it would have been nice with cd audio tracks to enhance the great music even further.
lol, still haven't had any time to photograph them...have to blame work this time of year

Damn..how did you get your hands on that T2 cd? have it in ISO format and tried installing it for fun yesterday to enjoy it with some nice ultrasound music but the damn thing doesn't want to install from cd in with EMS loaded I know it doesn't like EMS when you play but installing..lol
Old 14 May 2008, 20:39   #152
TheBoss

The Turrican II game I got from a guy I found selling a bunch of older PC games and I was lucky to get the game very cheap (and 7 other games) and its new condition too I could not install the game either at first, messed around in dosbox until it worked but dont remember exactly what I did now. But the install files on HD are only a few kb so if you want I can upload the setup files so your game should think its installed already.
Old 16 February 2009, 16:26   #153
TheBoss

Hey why the long pause?... where are the pictures! Post some!..guess I'll start then

Tie-Break HAHA!

This tennis simulation uses a top-down scrolling perspective. You are not in control of the player's motion, but once he gets close to the ball, shot selection is down to you.

Lollypop

Lollypop is a game that was first out on PC in 1994 and then came about 1 year later on the Amiga.
This CD edition features some nice CD audio to enhance the mood of the game.
Old 28 February 2009, 11:50   #154
TheBoss

D/Generation PC

I was quite interested to find this CD edition, to see if any enhancements had been made. The game was out on PC DOS in 1991 (Amiga in 1992)
and while this CD edition seems to be from 1995, it features no enhancements from what I can gather, a soundtrack would have been nice.

Bad Dudes! (Dragon Ninja)

A Coin-op classic that both came out on Amiga and PC in 1988 and kinda surprising later on CD in 1995. But I guess these bad dudes didn't kick enough
bad guys to validate anything other then a direct disk port

Last edited by TheBoss; 20 July 2009 at 13:07.
Old 28 February 2009, 18:44   #155
keropi

after LOTS of searching, I grabbed those 3 eBay items, they are in excellent condition!!!

Old 28 February 2009, 19:06   #156
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Envy, pure envy ker Awesome game Nice catch mate and indeed they look very 'minty'
Old 28 February 2009, 19:23   #157
keropi

they are! even if plasma pack box seems to have a shred on the bottom, it is just the flash reflecting...! though I did pay premium money to grab them ...
Old 15 March 2009, 11:08   #158
TheBoss

The Settlers PC

Blue Byte Software sure made a instant classic with the release of Settlers. I consider it one of the best games released on the Amiga and it's good to
see this series which span's quite alot of games now, still lives on.

Reunion PC

A good game that would have been great with a random map generator added! This CD edition is a Value-Priced version, I believe the only one that
came with a jewelcase cover.

keropi:
Blood is a great game! I used to play it alot back in the day and I still run it from time to time, got the original CD here somewhere, lol... pure awesomeness of a dos game
Old 10 May 2009, 01:16   #159
Sensi
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi View Post
oh, u threw the boxes.... damn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopos2000 View Post
I've thrown mine out when I moved. To much to carry. Regret it now.
I threw away plenty of boxes too

I'd owned these PC games (and sold them ): Under a Killing Moon, Wing Commander 4, NHL 97, 99, Duke Nukem 3D, Daggerfall (european), Dungeon Keeper, Broken Sword, Premier Manager 97, Strike Commander, Virtual Pool, Jagged Alliance 2 and maybe few others. Some of them I have bought again

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi View Post
allright, a good DOS box is like that... and I mean a DOS box, not an old pc with a voodoo to run 3d games...

- p200mmx or 166mmx (anything from 486/100 to pentiumII/400 is good, but if you manage to keep under 200Mhz then some old progs won't need speed patches to run... not that this is a big deal, a small TSR can fix it, but for DOS anything above a 200mmx is not really needed... also a pentium1 is a good idead too, let's you run windows98/me so you can easily make a network , use usb devices to transfer stuff to the dosbox and finally use the FAT32 filesystem that does not have the 2GB per partition limitation)
- 64 MB ram (if u can find one, lol I use an 128MB SDRAM module...)
- A PCI gfx card , with 4MB or 8MB ram , the s3 virge ones where good and common so they are supported a lot. then you need to get also the free UNIVBE 6.7 package to add better VESA screenmodes support... on another thread there where reccomendation for Matrox cards, but I never had any of them...
- A soundblaster16 ISA sound card that has the wavetable connector so you can add an extra wavetable daughterboard. there are better sound cards than soundblaster16 for sure, but since we need high compatibillity without messing with drivers/settings, this is an excellent choise.
as for the wavetable daughterboard: excellent choises are the Yamaha DB50XG or DB60XG or the Roland SDB-55. ofcourse the ultimate midi+wave combo would be: sb16+db?0XG and an extra isa midi card like the Roland LAPC-I or the SCC-I ... that gives 100% sound satisfaction
- 20GB HD ... it is amazing how fast u can fill it with old games

I have this dos-box: p166mmx/128MB Ram/20GB HD/Diamond Stealth3D Pro (s3 virge dx) 4MB/SB16+DB60XG/Roland SCC-I and a USB2 pci card to transfer files easily... installed is win98se with the unofficial SP2...
I am gonna beat you my friend. With such pleasure

Case nr. 1 - 486/100 (have other three 486/66 cpus and two 486/100) with 32 MB RAM (plus eight spare 8 MB RAM modules and five 16 MB modules), 4xCD-ROM (two spare), 2x 2,1 GB HD, 1x 1,6, 2x 1,2, S3 Trio (and four spare), original SB 16 (only one!), five clones (ess, diamond etc), one spare psu and two spare motherboards.
DOS 6.22

Case nr. 2 - P333, mb with slot 1 and four spare Intel Pentium 333 cpus, three 233 Intel Pentium cpus which I use for "modern dos games," 128 MB RAM plus six spare 32 MB RAM modules, two spare motherboards, one psu,
another S3 Trio plus three 3D cards (2 x 8 MB, 1x 16 MB), SB AWE 64, spare AWE 64 and AWE 32, 3x 10 GB HD, 1x 20 GB HD, 1x 6,4 HD.
Original Win 95 and Win 98 SE plus DOS 6.22

And fifteen mice. Or sixteen?
Old 10 May 2009, 01:18   #160
Sensi
Unregistered User

I forgot two mouse pads and two spare.