English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 December 2023, 00:40   #41
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

Update after testing all solutions possible to get rid of random freeze : IT'S FIXED !!

Yes it works now as intended, no more random freeze at all and higher bitrates are reachable too, and i'm able to use drives beyond 128GB with a SATA to IDE adapter

So what is the cause of my so many posts about random freeze and SX1 problem ?

THE ENCODER !!!!

I've tried many software to encode a VCD compliant stream, like TMPGEnc, TMPGEnc Video Mastering, VCD Easy and other....and all are inaccurate.
The video produced with those software causes the random freeze.
Sometimes i could play more than 2 hours of video, sometime only 5 minutes with the same file, it was very difficult to understand where was the problem.

The holy grail is Canopus Procoder 3, it's the only one i found producing accurate videos. I can play files at 2500kb / second without problem now, no stuttering or crash, at more than twice the bitrate of a standard VCD

Notice that i've been obliged to install an XP virtual machine with Canopus Procoder because it doesn't work in Windows 10 or 11 (it's designed for XP)

After all those problems and testing phases, it's time to enjoy those old videos at good quality with SX1 + FMV on a CRT