Old 12 April 2009, 11:59   #101
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I see - ok no problem...
Old 12 April 2009, 14:37   #102
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
hey keep up the good work magix and TCD hehehe looks like TCD is getting closer to been a mod in all but name hehehehhehe

yep it sucks about the ftp downloads but what can we do ........
Old 12 April 2009, 18:20   #103
DH
Global Moderator

Why on earth did someone upload copyrighted stuff to the ftp when it was CLEARLY stated in Magix first post Infact it's clearly stated regarding EAB and the ftp is sort of part of EAB.

Well I say to whoever this person was. I'm just so glad everything is now running with some TCD protection Without this protection Magix could of lost the ftp, along with everything inside it too and I'm sure no-one here would of wanted that.

Great work Magix and TCD + anyone else whos involved in keeping our ftp clean
Old 12 April 2009, 18:29   #104
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
Well I say to whoever this person was. I'm just so glad everything is now running with some TCD protection Without this protection Magix could of lost the ftp, along with everything inside it too and I'm sure no-one here would of wanted that.
That's exactly the point. This 'nice guy' brought the FTP to the edge of extinction (okay I'm a bit overdramatizing here, but just a bit ). On a personal note : It's always sad to see that one guy can completely ruin things, while all the others play fair
Old 12 April 2009, 18:31   #105
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Great work Magix and TCD + anyone else whos involved in keeping our ftp clean
I agree with all sentiments expressed above by DH, but would also wish to add my thanks for finding a way once again to provide unrestricted upload access for all responsible users.

prowler
Old 12 April 2009, 18:39   #106
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
I agree with all sentiments expressed above by DH, but would also wish to add my thanks for finding a way once again to provide unrestricted upload access for all responsible users.

prowler
It's nice to know we are an elite and trustworthy group of EABers who Magix has authorised, for our continual use on his ftp.

Thank again Magix

Edit: Oh! nearly forgot. Thanks also to TCD too
Old 12 April 2009, 18:47   #107
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Edit: Oh! nearly forgot. Thanks also to TCD too
Oh cut that, you make me blush It's not that much work and it's well worth it, so I'm happy that we have that permanent file base thanks to Magix So big up to the one and only : MAGIX!!!
Old 12 April 2009, 22:28   #108
Magix
calm down do how.

Send a message via ICQ to Magix
So well, I accepted your thanks, just kidding. Hmm... I think, all thanks must goes to our uploaders (okay, maybe except for one). I just arranged a place for this, not a big deal. And special thanks to TCD!
Old 16 April 2009, 22:05   #109
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just a note to all uploaders : Please upload single file archives and not 10 or 100 MB split ones. It's easy to 'repack' them before uploading, but for someone that uses the HTTP interface it's a pain in the a** to download 34 files instead of one. I will try to repack them myself this weekend, but it would be nice if you could do that before you upload files to the EAB file server
Old 16 April 2009, 22:32   #110
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Just a note to all uploaders : Please upload single file archives and not 10 or 100 MB split ones. It's easy to 'repack' them before uploading, but for someone that uses the HTTP interface it's a pain in the a** to download 34 files instead of one.
...but, but. Think about people who don't have high speed internet connections like alot of the Australian members.
Old 16 April 2009, 22:40   #111
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
...but, but. Think about people who don't have high speed internet connections like alot of the Australian members.
...and a great many UK members too.
Old 16 April 2009, 22:47   #112
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Don't really know why that would be a problem You mean that downloading 34 files with a slow connection is better than downloading one file?
Old 16 April 2009, 22:54   #113
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Don't really know why that would be a problem You mean that downloading 34 files with a slow connection is better than downloading one file?
Imagine how long it would take for a modem user to download a 100MB file. If the connection gets interrupted for some reason and they have to start the download again

Saying the above though, it's not a problem as long at the "new" EAB File Server resumes broken downloads?
Old 16 April 2009, 22:57   #114
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
I was thinking more about the problem of uploading large files with a slow connection.
Old 16 April 2009, 23:01   #115
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Saying the above though, it's not a problem as long at the "new" EAB File Server resumes broken downloads?
Don't think there is such a feature. It's basically a direct download. Since the other CD images are already 'one filed', I would really prefer to have all images packed that way, so users don't have to click on 34 links on one after another to get the image. If these big files are a problem for someone, please PM me and I'm sure there is a solution

@prowler
For uploaders there is the FTP account, so that shouldn't be a problem (just a question of the right FTP client maybe )
Old 16 April 2009, 23:08   #116
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
@prowler
For uploaders there is the FTP account, so that shouldn't be a problem (just a question of the right FTP client maybe )
Hi TCD,

Which is the recommended FTP client? (I'm using Cute FTP Pro 8.3.2)

prowler
Old 16 April 2009, 23:11   #117
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Dunno which I would recommend, but I'm quite sure that CuteFTP can resume uploads

Edit : Core FTP is free and seems to have that feature - http://www.coreftp.com/
Old 16 April 2009, 23:19   #118
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Dunno which I would recommend, but I'm quite sure that CuteFTP can resume uploads
Thanks, TCD. I'll go with that when I start uploading.

My internet connection is abysmal at the moment. It's like driving a car which conks out every time you stop. It's been like this since 16th March. I'm going to switch service providers if it's not been fixed by the end of this month.

It's gone dead twice while I've been typing this.

prowler
Old 16 April 2009, 23:25   #119
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Really hope you get this sorted mate Since the HTTP interface isn't really comfortable for downloading many files (and necessary for the given reasons), we should try to keep the amount of files as low as possible rather than the file size.
Old 16 April 2009, 23:33   #120
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Really hope you get this sorted mate Since the HTTP interface isn't really comfortable for downloading many files (and necessary for the given reasons), we should try to keep the amount of files as low as possible rather than the file size.
I agree. I'll try my best when my connection is back up to speed. Trouble is, no internet service in the UK is without problems.

I've just noticed your edit above.

Quote:
Core FTP is free and seems to have that feature - http://www.coreftp.com/
Thanks for that, mate. It won't hurt to give Core FTP a go as well.

prowler