English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 21 October 2019, 21:11   #1
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Steam now lets you play local multiplayer games with friends over the internet

As I don't play multiplayer games, this does not affect me at all, but I know some will like this new feature of steam.... Most important part is that only 1 player needs to own the game.

Quote:
Steam’s new Remote Play Together feature, which lets you play local multiplayer games over the internet, has launched in beta. The existence of the feature was first reported earlier this month, and it allows up to four online players (“or even more in ideal conditions” according to Valve) to participate in a local multiplayer game as though they were sitting in the same room.

To get the feature you’ll need to participate in the Steam Client Beta. After you’re signed up, you’ll find a “Remote Play Together” option in your Steam friends list in compatible local multiplayer games. Once connected, the game will act as though each player’s controller is plugged directly into your computer, and Valve says it’s also possible to share control of the keyboard and mouse.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/21/...al-multiplayer
Old 22 October 2019, 11:02   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Cool stuff. I can't think of a single game I can use this for just yet but I'm sure It'll come in handy sometime

Edit:

the blog post on Steam itself has a useful link for it.

Last edited by gimbal; 22 October 2019 at 11:58.
Old 22 October 2019, 13:38   #3
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

So all sega megadrive / genesis games.
Old 22 October 2019, 15:08   #4
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Yeah, finally, heard about it a few weeks back, will test at the weekend I hopes.